IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Successful complaints about private parking tickets - how to get them cancelled!

Options

Comments

• Advice_on_met
    Options
    Please mind your own business if you don't have nothing f value to add to my question .
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Please mind your own business if you don't have nothing f value to add to my question .

I can assure you that I would definitely have plenty of value to add to your question - but with your attitude, I certainly won’t now!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Advice_on_met
    Options
    If I want to post 100 threads I can do so there is no law on here to say otherwise. I wasn't aware of any law and didn't know you was the MSE police. I have taken what you have said into consideration and have removed previous post.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If I want to post 100 threads I can do so there is no law on here to say otherwise. .

You clearly agreed to having read and understood the board policy on Spamming/Hijacking as part of your signup, so there is no excuse for your doing this.

Now, please take the advice you have been given, read the Sticky and start your own thread!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    A successful complaint about ParkingEye at the infamous Chelmsford Riverside Retail Park (of the Beavis case):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5758472
    This is the contact for the car park owners CBRE that we were given by the store manager at Riverside Retail Park:

Charlie.Gardiner-Graham@cbre.com

They were very polite and helpful, unlike Equita!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Owd_Akela
    Owd_Akela Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I am so glad that someone else other than myself has suffered the wrath of a superior being. I gave up posting as I didn't have a clue what I was doing. All I got was a load of vitriol when I commented I didn't know the difference between a sticky, post, thread and my left elbow (which is slightly !!!!!!! - in the medical term).
  • Edna_Basher
    Edna_Basher Posts: 782 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 January 2018 at 9:10PM
    Options
    Morrisons must be heartily sick of ParkingEye by now.

A couple of weeks ago, PE sent us a speculative invoice for £85 claiming that our vehicle had overstayed its welcome at Morrisons, Ross-on-Wye by nearly 5 hours.

Having obtained proof that the vehicle had made two separate visits to the car park lasting less than an hour each, we submitted a strong email of complaint to [EMAIL="donotreply@morrisonsplc.co.uk"]donotreply@morrisonsplc.co.uk[/EMAIL].

Two working days later, Morrisons replied to confirm that the PCN had been cancelled..
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5758443

Marriott Hotels forced to call the dogs off - ParkingEye had started a court claim.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    How to get an NHS Trust to call off a PPC (never rush POPLA, always do the complaint first):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5769736
  • Olch
    Options
    Retailer: Sainsbury's Superstore, Salford
    Whoever cancelled it: Julie - Duty Manager at Sainsbury's, Salford
    PPC: Euro Car Parks (ECP)
    Car park: right outside Sainsbury's, Salford
    Incident date: 16/01/2018
    Scam: Pay £70 (£40 within 14 days)
    Mum's PCN came through post (no windscreen) on 25/01/2018. Crime is for shopping (parking) over 3 hours in Sainsbury's on 16/01/2018. Googled, read first link, NEWBIES guide, 'nuff read. Went in store and called down the Duty Manager, she promptly stated ECP is a different company and she can't do anything about it. Yet she was pretty confused why someone would want to give their custom to her shop for over 3 hours. Very sceptical and dying to know the truth she turned to her boy at the security stand for a glimpse into the past and confirmed CCTV footage of my mum walking in more than 3 hours before the time printed on Sainsbury's receipt. After seeing that she came to her senses and remembered her job as Duty Manager was to retain customers and offered to email ECP and cancel the PCN. Next day got a call from Sainsbury's in the evening for the good news.
    I hope this will be useful for all who use that particular car park and thanks to all contributors on these threads.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback