PLEASE READ - Posts by the MSE Team and BG's - merged

Options

Comments

• philandstuff
    philandstuff Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    MSE Guy: Please don't misuse the word "Kitemark". When I read it I thought that it referred to the British Standards Institute's well-known seal of approval on many, many products. Since "Kitemark" is a registered trademark of BSI, that is the only valid use of the word. I was therefore somewhat surprised when you instead were talking about a voluntary self-regulatory body.

A minor gripe, but clarity of communication is always important.
  • ThinkingOfLinking
    ThinkingOfLinking Posts: 11,828 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I think it's a really good idea. Would it be possible to make this thread a sticky, as it's currently buried on page 10!!
  • glowgirl_2
    glowgirl_2 Posts: 4,591 Forumite
    Options
    I hadn't heard of this until I read this thread, sounds good to me.
    Thank you for this site Martin
    The time for change has come
    Good luck for the future
  • Dalkirst
    Dalkirst Posts: 9,210 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We have more than enough sticky's as it is:)
    Darren
  • Mamzie
    Mamzie Posts: 2,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am sad to say that I have had no response yet about the post I pm'd to MSE Andrea above, so am still confused. (posts 58 & 62)

I am hoping that someone else may want to try and clarify things further. Possibly it needs a few people to query things for us to get a response, but i am only guessing. Last time a few different people pm'd for clarification.
    My light may be on, but that doesn't always mean I am looking at the PC - I am far more likely to be cuddling or feeding Tianna atm, so please don't think I am ignoring you if I don't reply quickly :)

Our Precious Baby Tianna has now joined our Family, she is much loved and very welcome, xxx
  • Mamzie
    Mamzie Posts: 2,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not really worried about the stickies and didn't pm about them.

I'm still confused that some purchase required comps are on board, while others are still getting deleted. i find them quite useful and hope they can remain, with others being posted. This is what I pm'd to MSE Andrea.

Originally Posted by Mamzie viewpost.gif
    I must admit I am very relieved that our postal and Text threads are safe. :T

I am sorry to be a pain :o, but I'm still slightly confused. Could we have some further clarification if we are ok to continue with our small purchase required comps, using the max text cost of £1.50 as a guide.

I am reading that some small cost is ok. I often find that if a comp needs a small purchase, it just means I swap brands for a while to get an entry, so it doesnt really cost me extra. But without the threads on here, I would very likely miss the comp completely. As it is we have some threads running (which I find very helpful) which need a small purchase, and others still being deleted.

If they are still allowed, should we group them in a small purchase required thread, sub forum, or continue with the seperate threads, but maybe add purchase required to the title.
    My light may be on, but that doesn't always mean I am looking at the PC - I am far more likely to be cuddling or feeding Tianna atm, so please don't think I am ignoring you if I don't reply quickly :)

Our Precious Baby Tianna has now joined our Family, she is much loved and very welcome, xxx
  • ROBDOLPHIN66
    ROBDOLPHIN66 Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So, still no clarification on this.
    Who is tasked with removing the threads that contravene this ambiguous "rule"? Maybe they could explain their thinking :confused:

I am still not sure what the actual problem is. Surely, anybody that is going to spend any kind of substantial amount on purchasing products in order to try and win a comp has issues way beyond those that could be helped by the removal of such comps from this one forum.

It also seems somewhat hypocritical considering that text competitions for which you receive nothing in return are allowed. As I stated in my earlier post I personally feel that £1.50 is too much to pay for a text comp - but each to their own. Another point to note is that even "free" text comps often fall outside the scope of inclusive packages.

I would also point out that this site has a gambling forum too!
  • essexguy
    essexguy Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure if this is the right forum to post on, so if not - sorry!

In entered the lakeside (essex) website competition a couple of weeks ago for Rock the Boat (didn't win - but saw those on here who did) - just to let you know there's another one now.

Not so much for me but good for my kids - a drawing competition which is cute - 'my fave movie character'. You can get a bunch of Night of the Museum stuff for your kids if they win, plus a cuppl of tickets for yourself. Pretty good. As far as I know, no purchase necessary :-)

Not sure if ur allowed to put links on here so havent - but google lakeside shop centre and you;ll find it.
  • Computertec
    Computertec Posts: 1,848 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Why do Martin's team always ruin good sections!
    There is nothing wrong with our current Comping setup!
  • josie301
    josie301 Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Why do Martin's team always ruin good sections!
    There is nothing wrong with our current Comping setup!

No one is saying there is anything wrong with the current set up, no one is 'ruining' anything. No changes are going to be made to the board.

We are simply asking for clarification on the 'cost' issue. The rules state max £1.50 (although that relates specifically to text) but there have been some comps removed which were purchase reliant although that cost was less than the aforementioned £1.50 and some have been left on the board.

As we do not know who has removed these we cannot directly ask - therefore this topic has dragged on & on.

Hopefully Mamzie will get a reply to the PM and then we can all relax, be happy and continue merrily comping away.

:rolleyes:
    Jo x
    2007:£5181.09 2008: £6619.70 2009: £4284.49 2010: £5213.14 2011: £4980.62 2012: £3188.52 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure