Ryanair bags

Options

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    JoMax1 wrote: »
    Its a few weeks off and about the same time as I booked at Easter .. I'll defo bear this in mind before I book with them again!

Just decide at the outset whether you want hold baggage or not.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • JoMax1
    JoMax1 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I know now for the future but clearly a change of policy in the past couple of months!!
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    Options
    No its not. It has always been cheaper to add at time of booking
  • bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    But is HAND luggage actually that or is it really a small suitcase with wheels that barely fits into the overhead locker? :mad:
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,218 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    But is HAND luggage actually that or is it really a small suitcase with wheels that barely fits into the overhead locker? :mad:
    Yes, it's a fair-sized bag - 10 kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Baggage/What-cabin-baggage-can-I-carry

Easily big enough for short trips.
  • bertiewhite
    First Post
    Options
    martindow wrote: »
    Yes, it's a fair-sized bag - 10 kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/faq-overview/Baggage/What-cabin-baggage-can-I-carry

Easily big enough for short trips.

OK, because with Easyjet it means that most people take the Michael and take a small suitcase on wheels as hand luggage in an attempt to avoid hold luggage fees.

In my opinion, if it has wheels then it is hardly HAND luggage!!
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Options
    OK, because with Easyjet it means that most people take the Michael and take a small suitcase on wheels as hand luggage in an attempt to avoid hold luggage fees.

In my opinion, if it has wheels then it is hardly HAND luggage!!

If it's small enough it can have wheels, nipple tassles or anything else for all I care.
  • bertiewhite
    First Post
    Options
    [/B]
    If it's small enough it can have wheels, nipple tassles or anything else for all I care.

Except perhaps if there was no more room in the overhead lockers due to the extra room those wheels take up, leaving you to have luggage on your lap throughout the flight?
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Options
    Except perhaps if there was no more room in the overhead lockers due to the extra room those wheels take up, leaving you to have luggage on your lap throughout the flight?
    The dimensions specified include the wheels.
  • bertiewhite
    First Post
    Options
    The dimensions specified include the wheels.

I know what the dimensions state, it's a pity the overhead lockers don't reflect that.

So I ask again - would you be happy to sit with luggage on your lap for the duration of a flight because there is no room above due to the fact that everybody has decided to carry all their luggage in the cabin rather than just keep it to the stuff they need for the flight?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure