Anyone on Virgin Mobile with iPhone

Options
Anyone here on Virgin Mobile with an iPhone?

Im hoping to check if I take one out will my EE SIM work without unlocking.
Also what is the policy on unlocking the phone and if I am already a customer for TV and BB will they add the iPhone to my account without a seperate credit check?

Cheers

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Anyone here on Virgin Mobile with an iPhone?

Im hoping to check if I take one out will my EE SIM work without unlocking.
    Also what is the policy on unlocking the phone and if I am already a customer for TV and BB will they add the iPhone to my account without a seperate credit check?

Cheers

Well Virgin do use the EE network so should work.

As for your second question I cant amswer.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Didn't know vm only sold handsets seperatly.

But yes they should be interchangeable. I had no issues.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    Pretty sure virgin phones are unlocked.

Got my daughter a SE from them and she’s using here plusnet sim in it.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    that doesn't prove anything Daz, as virgin, plusnet are all on the EE network.
  • Steve_Akins
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]Most probably you will get a locked phone. But prior to this you must check with the virgin mobile company. They have both GSM and CDMA, so depending upon which model and mode you opt you will get locked or unlocked version. Having said that getting a locked device won’t be a problem if you are getting the device which will remarkably price difference. Because for unlocking you might need and extra 50 bucks. Once the SIM slot is unlocked it can be used with any global carrier. Of course, it will work on your EE SIM. From my understanding you don’t need to go through a separate credit check.[/FONT]
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]Most probably you will get a locked phone. But prior to this you must check with the virgin mobile company. They have both GSM and CDMA, so depending upon which model and mode you opt you will get locked or unlocked version. Having said that getting a locked device won’t be a problem if you are getting the device which will remarkably price difference. Because for unlocking you might need and extra 50 bucks. Once the SIM slot is unlocked it can be used with any global carrier. Of course, it will work on your EE SIM. From my understanding you don’t need to go through a separate credit check.[/FONT]

No UK network uses or sells CDMA handsets.
    ====
  • datostar
    datostar Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Cheers
    TV and BB are provided by Virgin Media and phones by Virgin Mobile. They do run them as separate entities and won't put them on the same account. I know this because I've got TV, BB and a contract SIM. I think they will do a credit check and certainly anything mobile gets put on a separate Direct Debit from your TV and BB.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    AndyPK wrote: »
    that doesn't prove anything Daz, as virgin, plusnet are all on the EE network.

Ok, wasn’t awa.re of that...

If you still need a answer then I’ll trybanother sim later today
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family