PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Monday 20th October 2014

Options
OS Daily Thread Monday 20th October
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine.
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

Hugs and get well wishes to those that want/need them.

Still dark, but air doesn’t feel cold.

DH up and gone to work stupid early. DS1 now up and getting ready for work. I’m awake with first cuppa of the day.

We visited the outlaws yesterday morning as my parents weren’t home. I’d managed to prep some of the veg but hadn’t put the meat in the oven, so when we got home DS1 helped me cook, we got the meat in the oven and prepped the last bits of veg, it was a rather late meal, but the meat was delicious and we made the gravy from the stock in the roasting tin by cooking it in the tin on the top of the gas hob, I had wanted to make a red wine gravy but we didn’t have any red wine, so used some port instead – it was excellent, certainly 1 of my better efforts at cooking roast beef. We then did go to my parents as they’d arrived home, they had a lovely holiday.

I have a couple of jobs to do today, I will do an on-line shop to be delivered on Thursday and also ring our gas/electric supplier, as I thought we were on a fixed price tariff but according to paperwork that arrived on Saturday we’re not, need to see what’s happened.

Take care x

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning all

Off to work, it's pitch black still

It's dd2 birthday today , she's 19 where does that time go , she's at uni so I've sent her a party pack , cake, snacks and drinks for her to celebrate with her friends .

Need to tidy up , the place is looking untidy after the weekend so need to do that when I come in

The WM is on I will put it out when I get back

Fish , cat and guinea pig fed , off to have breakfasT

Have a good day xx
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all
    Fish fed, hubby fed & dropped at work, not sure if he'll manage a full day, we will see..
    It's damp here but not cold or raining at the moment.
    Sausage & mash for tea tonight, with onion gravy.
    Time I set off for work now.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Still dark here but very mild its a sit strange, we are supposed to be getting the tail end of hurricane Gonzalo tomorrow, will see what happens !

Off to work today, got an easy dinner tonight as I did extra roasties and veg yesterday, so will just heat that up for tonight with a sausage meat pie I got out, mum came for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed herself.

Sistercas Happy Birthday to dd, where does the time go ? my dd is 20 next month :eek: not a teen any more !

Have good days all xx
  • peony40
    peony40 Posts: 645 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

Happy Birthday to Sistercas DD. Lovely cake you made for her Sistercas.

Hello to All.

Goodness, it is dark at the moment. I am not usually up at this time but needed the loo. One of my tablets that I take to help me sleep tends to startle me awake in the early hours with strange dreams, then they kick in again and I sleep from about now until 11am if no alarm set:eek:

Plans for today are housework, washing and ironing. This afternoon I would like to do a couple more crochet squares as I am determined to have the blanket ready for winter.

Anyway, back to the land of nod for another couple of hours.

Take care all.
    Sealed Pot Challenge # 003
    August 2023 Grocery Challenge: Wk 2 £31.39/40 Wk 3 £35.18/40 (savings: £13.43)
  • Time_to_face_the_music
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

Haven't been on here over the weekend, mixture of very busy and down in the dumps because DH did not get the job he was interviewed for. Oh well, need to pick ourselves up and find something else for him to apply for, I want it to be in another country but we will see.

Stuffed peppers in the oven for dinner and made enough for leftovers for lunches tomorrow. Marinading a piece of pork to go in tomorrow for pulled pork for next few days. Now the weather is getting colder and the nights getting darker, am getting back into bulk cooking and the associated saving money, which has to be a good thing.

Need to catch up on some of our friendly news I missed from over the weekend now.

Well wishes for all sick people and pets and hugs for those that need or just want them. Keep well and safe and have a super day

TTFTM x
    LBM 10/1/12 ~ DFW Start 6/2/12: £82,344 ~ Now Zero
    :staradmin:starmod::staradmin Debt free 17th April 2015 :staradmin:starmod::staradmin
    Eternal thanks to the DMP & Mutual Support (no.439) and Payment a Day Threads
    Mortgage free 3rd July 2014 - Grateful thanks to the 2013/14 MFW threads
    "Debt is normal. Be weird!" Dave Ramsey
    Proud to have dealt with our debt :)
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,586 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Welcome to the newbies. Hope all the dogs having problems have settled down now. This thread seems much more dog friendly than cat (I'm another dog person).

We were away for the weekend - it was Dh's great niece's birthday so it was quite full on (she's 6), but I managed to get a few cuddles with her new brother who is still very tiny (less than 7lbs at 4 weeks old).

I'm feeling achey all over today but I have to take the car in for investigation of a strange noise and then go for a blood test. Hopefully I'll start to feel a bit better.

Have a good day.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good Morning everyone, don't know if we're going to get showers today as the sky is 'patchy' but the washing dried well yesterday and all is ironed and put away. We had the first fireworks late last night, some great thumpers quite close by and one enormous banger that popped 43 times very loudly. I do so wish there was some legislation limiting the size and noisiness of fireworks sold for use in domestic and urban areas and also the time of day they are set off, this was after 10 last night and very unexpected. Luckily the dog didn't go into panic mode and didn't keep us up all night being scared. The size and loudness of 'home' fireworks seems to increase year on year and it really isn't sensible to set off things that loud close to other peoples houses. I love fireworks that are pretty and not deafening, I love the fun of bonfire night but dread the great explosions that happen by the back fence and shake the house.

It looks as though we're going to get some high winds and lots of rain attached to the remnants of Hurricane Gonzalo overnight tonight so it would be worth making sure the garden didn't have any potential hazards that might blow and cause damage. I think we'll get trees down all over as they are still in full leaf and that might mean road closures so if you're travelling make sure you pop in an overnight bag, just in case you get stuck somewhere, it would make life more comfortable if you did!

Have a good day everyone, Lyn xxx.
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

In dire need of a cuppa this morning after being woken up at silly o'clock by hubby switching on the main light looking for his work clothes. I managed to have a very hot shower and now a couple of hours later I am sat here, still bleary eyed!

Girls have gone to school so I may catch a few more winks of sleep in a bit before getting cracking with the housework. I feel that things are definitely slipping, not just housework but diet and finances so today is a good day to get a grip on everything. I spent hours yesterday reading some debt-free diaries so I feel inspired to sort out my debts. My problem is that when I am 'high' with my mental illness I spend like crazy without thinking or worrying about the consequences. I need to talk to my keyworker about this to see if she can suggest some strategies to deal with this problem.

I think my eldest is popping in for a cuppa this morning, I love how our relationship has developed over the years after a very difficult childhood where she was my carer. She still worries over me but it is a much more equal relationship and she is a fabulous mum to my grandchildren. I look forward to seeing how my other daughters grow up once we are through this tricky teenage stage. At heart they are all really great kids and I am very proud of them.

Well, that's all my waffle for now, hope everyone manages a nice day whatever they are up to. Take care xx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Back from the Big Apple, it was really good, we all had a great time but I am somewhat exhausted! Had to buy some shoes as my walking trainers were too hot, it was in the low to mid 20s, with just an evening and the following morning of rain.

All flights were on time, just a delay getting our bags back at Glasgow and when we did they were soaked, must have been sitting outside for over half an hour in the rain, my case had a puddle in it! Had to wash everything even if it was clean as it was so wet.

Hope you are all well, will try to catch up with what's going on later, I have work after the ENT clinic - maybe they can shed some light on my hearing loss, I'm sure it is to do with blocked tubes somewhere and catarrh. It would have been nice to have a day off but working in school means set holidays.

Anyway, hope you all have a good week. Take care. XX
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport