Nearly debt free diary

Options

Comments

• jemreading
    jemreading Posts: 337 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    So far a NSD has happened, however, we are going shopping but this will come out the allocated shopping pot.

This is the first month that me and my OH have only put £50 each in the shopping budget. We both used to do separate shopping as he has more expensive food tastes a likes buying: fish, smootie ingredients, coffee and soup ingredients. He used to have £180 for his shopping and I had £100 so we've drastically cut it.

We sorted out a shopping list (by putting food that we need online as we shop @ A$DA and are just finalising it but we are currently in the middle of a disagreement because he wants to add some small extra bits "I'm just seeing how much my separate stuff costs" and I'm trying to explain right now that he doesn't have the money (he is in a fairly high overdraft of £1000+!!)

Things are not going well :(
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Quick debt update:

- £850 on CC (18.9% interest which can't be shifted to a 0% as I can't get another card)
    - £375 on Argos Card

I only normally make 1 debt repayment per month which is usually a lot (It's been well over £500 every month since Christmas)
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Todays spend: £249.50..

I did just purchase a wedding dress! It's from a well known high street brand and the dress was reduced from £500 to £249.50 with free delivery. It can be returned if I dislike it but I've had my eye on it since it came online in January!
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I had a bit of a meltdown yesterday afternoon and ended up walking to a shop and buying £2.79 in snacks. It doesn't s seem like a lot but when you figure the £2.79 can go to something else it's a bit of a downer :o

Today will be a LSD as I'm going to be buying a bus ticket (£4.20) to go and see my parents :) I may need to break the £20 note before getting on the bus as the driver will not accept a £20 note.

I need to post an update of where my money has gone and how much I have left.
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Things crossed out have been paid for:

Salary - £1336.66
    Definite outgoings:
    Bills (including: rent, CT, internet, water, netflix, spotify) = £350 (paid to OH who pays them off)
    Food shopping (month bill) = £50 (my half - my OH contributes £50 too - new trial scheme this month, so may not be 100% accurate by the end of the month)
    Electricity = £40 (this varies but I set aside £40 as it's never more than £80 between us)
    Football Season ticket = £33.18
    Mobile phone contract = £52.27 (additional charges this month as used O2 travel - usually £38)
    Gym membership = £29.99

Debt repayments
    A'Card = £200
    CC = £274.88

Money into pots:
    Savings= £50/£100 - transferred £50 into gift pots and £50 into my current account to sit.
    Treats (clothing/beauty) = £30.00
    Gifts(birthday/xmas) = £30.00
    Date night jar = £15/£20 - only £5 left as going out next weekend. OH paid on debit card and took the money needed (£30) from the jar.
    Travel = £50.00 - going on a mini break next month so cannot use.
    Socials (drinks out/work socials) = £40.00
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I need to keep a better account of my finances because the above it not accurate. I'm going to try and work out where the money has gone!

Money actually remaining:
    - £20 social
    - £10 date night jar
    - £50 travel money
    - £45.70 shopping money
    - £61 (in new £1 coins but ideally not spending
    - £54.29 in everyday bank account
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    When I got paid (29th June)
    29th - £56
    30th - £22.20

= £78.20

From when I've started my diary these on my spends:
    2nd July - £5.19 & £500 deposit
    3rd July - £2.50
    4th July - £36.07 (didn't take the £10 from date jar for a nice meal)
    5th July - £5.50
    6th July - £6.98
    7th July - £53.79 (shopping came to £49.79 but I spent £4 on a bottle so I can take my smoothie into work and then use the bottle for gym)
    8th July - £249.50 (on CC for wedding dress)
    8th July - £2.79 on snack

= £63.03 for the week. I also spent £500 on a deposit and £249.50 on a wedding dress (both on CC)
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Spends:

£1.79 to break my £20 note
    £4.20 on bus ticket
    £4 new £1 coins for pot

£9.99 down. £10 put back into my social fund.
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    So far so good. A NSD (how rare)

I did borrow my OH £3 to get a belt as he forgot to put it in his gym bag and he leaves his wallet at home.

£3 will be given back in new £1 coins which I can then put to the pot!
  • jemreading
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I also keep thinking I have so much free credit (got about £4,000 on my CC and £1,100 on my Argos Card)

Need to keep reminding myself that it doesn't belong to me and whatever I buy on it I HAVE to pay it back. Not the bank, not my OH, not my parents but me
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure