Kids in flats

Options
I have nothing against kids living in flats, they have to live somewhere, but surely they can't just act like kids while indoors!

There's a family with one baby and one toddler, they don't live directly above us but they sure as do sound like they do. It's not all day every day thank god but it sounds like the kid is constantly jumping off furniture and running around. The parents do nothing, in fact they join in!

Most people will just say they are 'just being kids' but they can go outside and do that I'm glad I'm not directly below them. It's a very small 2 bed flat and no kids above 5 live in the blocks so I can only hope that they move out some time soon.

If the kid above us runs around or screams etc then she gets told off, but the other family do nothing.

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Worse, I find, is when they let the children run riot through the communal areas and the corridors.
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Options
    debrag wrote: »
    I have nothing against kids living in flats, they have to live somewhere, but surely they can't just act like kids while indoors!

There's a family with one baby and one toddler, they don't live directly above us but they sure as do sound like they do. It's not all day every day thank god but it sounds like the kid is constantly jumping off furniture and running around. The parents do nothing, in fact they join in!

Most people will just say they are 'just being kids' but they can go outside and do that I'm glad I'm not directly below them. It's a very small 2 bed flat and no kids above 5 live in the blocks so I can only hope that they move out some time soon.

If the kid above us runs around or screams etc then she gets told off, but the other family do nothing.

You have absolutely no right to dictate your expectations to anyone.

If you don't like it, move to a detached property.
  • bap98189
    bap98189 Posts: 3,801 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    debrag wrote: »

You have nothing against kids except when they behave like kids. Um.......OK
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think the answer is that somebody needs to ADMIT that there are those who want to live around kids - and those who don't.... and the sooner they start labelling places as "for kids" and "no kids" then none of us will ever get any peace and quiet in our own homes!
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It is not always possible for people with two young people to live in anything that others would consider "suitable". You may have enough collateral to move elsewhere - had you thought that the parents might not have enough collateral to move/pay any more rent?

A little compassion might come in handy.
  • rach_k
    rach_k Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The same could be said about grumps. They have to live somewhere but surely they shouldn't live in flats where they may have children living above them.
  • beautiful_ravens
    Options
    Try living in the country next to a field full of sheep.They baa and meh and bleat and smell all day and night.
    ''A moment's thinking is an hour in words.'' -Thomas Hood
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    Karaoke singing alcoholics make pretty noisy neighbours too, and I've had a few of them as upstairs neighbours.
  • System
    Options
    Karaoke singing alcoholics make pretty noisy neighbours too, and I've had a few of them as upstairs neighbours.

Our upstairs neighbours are pretty noisy, too

seagulls.jpg

About half an hour before sunrise they all start squawking to each other.
  • System
    Options
    In an ideal world, kids shouldnt live in flats. They need space.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure