Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary

Options

Comments

• Purplebonnie
    Options
    I'm early bird too. I work from home so am often working at 0500 (in bed with hubby providing copious amounts of tea!) but it gives me time later in the day to do what I want to do. I get fed up in winter with washing hanging around everywhere but I am not going to use the dryer as all the fires have put me off as well as the money side. Have a good Sunday.
    Debt 04/11/22 - £0.00
    Emergency Fund Goal - £1000/£106.89
    Living Fund 1 Year - £2520/£640
    Travel Pot - £2000/£350
    Regular Saving Fund £4800/£400
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm early bird too. I work from home so am often working at 0500 (in bed with hubby providing copious amounts of tea!) but it gives me time later in the day to do what I want to do. I get fed up in winter with washing hanging around everywhere but I am not going to use the dryer as all the fires have put me off as well as the money side. Have a good Sunday.

Hey PurpleBonnie, lovely to see you! I do love getting up early, late nights really aren't my thing, unfortunately OH is the exact opposite! So we have many an argument as to what a suitable time for bed is. But he doesn't wake up until 7 so he has 2 hours on me. So I'm ready for bed at 9.30 and he wants to stay up until 11.30!

Ok so I think we'll have porridge or waffles for breakfast...
    Maybe doing a roast for lunch
    And probably something on toast for dinner...

It's really grey and full here so don't really fancy doing anything.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning Missy,

Have a lovely day today x
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Morning Missy,

Have a lovely day today x

Thanks lovey x
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I go to bed about 10 but then stay up on my phone/ reading til 10.30. I say hub can stay up as late as he likes as long as it doesnt affect our day and he gets up. Many a day hes been up til 2 then up at 6 with the kids haha. My biggest problem is getting up with my youngest at 3ish if he wakes and not getting back to sleep. We are going scotland in december our firsy time over night without the boys and we keep joking we will just sleep lol !! Ol was seriously poorly when he was born and i was up all one night in Labour and thr whole next night sat next tp him in intensive care , I bet over 7 days I might have had 12 hours sleep and none at at all the first couple of nights, its suprising how you can function!!xx
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Bless you, both my babies didn't sleep, I'm not exaggerating that they woke 3-4 times a night for 9 months each. And in the first 3 months, a lot of nights I got 2 hours sleep, literally. The worst nights were 2 hours of broken sleep, as May would feed for half an hour then fall asleep, then it would take me half an hour to get to sleep, then she would wake up again 15 minutes later!!!! Absolutely crazy time! But you do function, all be it in a bit of a fog!

Right so mixed washing is in the machine, Other washing has been put away, banana porridge made and eaten!
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Banana porridge :rotfl:

You're right missy that if you get woken at 5.30am then you need an early night. In about ten years time when they're teenagers you won't be able to get them out of bed in the morning. You should wake them up at 5.30am as revenge :D

It's finally stopped raining here and the sun has even come out so if I get a wash on quick I might be able to dry it outside :T. We've got a tumble dryer but I refuse to use it and the heatings not on yet because its still quite mild here.

Hope you have a good day missy, I hate washing my hair too :mad:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Reading this makes me feel lucky with mine! They have always slept well, apart from youngest obviously. The older two do a good 12 hours and I still have to wake them :rotfl:

Hope you manage to get all the bedding washed and dried.

Anymore plans for today?
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Mine go to bed fine and sleep for around 11 hours now and don't wake up too often I guess. And they never play up to go to bed, they've always been good with it.

Not sure on plan today, inviting my nan and grandad round for Sunday lunch but they had plans, just as well really as would have meant a mad dash to aldi and big tidy up. But I've just had a shower, smalls are playing on their iPads. Think more coffee is needed, tired today! Weather is miserable, don't think we'll end up venturing out.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh missy, I wish mine would sleep for 11hrs.

Have a lovely day whatever you do. Let's hope the weather brightens up for you.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure