Selling your soul to the devil

Options

Comments

• Enigmatic_Me
    Enigmatic_Me Posts: 1,619 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    glennamy wrote: »
    Win a £250 Next clothes voucher on Facebook... Random winner to be picked!

All they asked was to repeat/copy a phrase they wrote! :rotfl:

Found the courage to get out of an abusive marriage a week ago and left everything behind. I am being supported by a woman's agency at the minute and need clothing etc i have two sets of clothes and nothingness to my name this would help me get some dignity back

I too noticed that and the thousands of comments with more than the required line. At least the winner only typed what was required. :D
    The best things in life are free.....
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh Dear Lord...

There are pictures now...

Someone has sent a picture of their fingers and toes crossed. Literally.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: 10/10 for originality, or should that be naffness? :rotfl::rotfl:
    What comp is that S-Shortcake?
    Be Lucky :D
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • strawberri_shortcake
    Options
    dontone wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: 10/10 for originality, or should that be naffness? :rotfl::rotfl:
    What comp is that S-Shortcake?
    Be Lucky :D

Oh no I can't remember! I saved the picture with the name shaded out but then realised I can't post photos on the forum (I don't think!)

To cheer everyone up though, I have found the ultimate sob story competition. This really is the 8th wonder of the world. I think I win the thread!

https://www.facebook.com/warrenjamesjewellers/videos/vb.255439484529570/1278895692183939/?type=2&theater¬if_t=comment_mention¬if_id=1478552781643869
    Why do mice have such small balls?
    Because so few of them can dance.
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    You have to simply comment "#shareit"
    At a quick glance there is a Mum with terminal cancer, (Who many are saying they hope wins :( ) and another who spent their wedding ring money on the funeral of their baby...:huh:

!!!!!!? Seriously !!!!!! are these people thinking of? :eek:

Cancer is truly horrible - Go look at my friend Heidi's blog, ("Storm in a Tit Cup") for further evidence of its cruelty... :cry:
    Dying babies - every parents' worst nightmare... :cry:

It's a very nice prize, but I stand by my initial reaction !!!!!!?
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • I-Owe-You
    Options
    I think perhaps those that write sob stories or paragraphs of text and emojis when asked to simply write an answer to a question or copy and paste a phrase are mostly disqualifying themselves.

After reading this thread I've consciously noted winners and their responses and more often than not it's those that have abided by the rules that win.

If these people are disqualifying themselves - and as frustrating as their tales are to read - I wholeheartedly encourage them to carry on as it possibly means more wins for us rule abiding, non-exploitative folk!
  • stefalfie11
    Options
    "my late husband died before we could make our new home just as we wanted ......i am trying to finish decorating our adapted flat (i am disabled) in the way we planned before he was so tragically taken from me ..........this would be amazing to win, one of our favourites stores xx"

Keep seeing this one pop up. Whilst dreadful if its true, I just can't see why they'd want to use it to win a small prize or two.
  • Makeandsave
    Makeandsave Posts: 3,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    As soon as I saw the instructions for this, https://www.facebook.com/therangeuk/photos/a.10150095608056386.274433.141550836385/10153821696721386/?type=3&theater my heart sank!

“If you could only receive one gift this Christmas, what would it be?”

Thanks, I know i won't win on a prize like that so i just post a silly answer. Guess which is my post! :D
    Jan Wins: .
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Loving the hashtags :) Maybe #ASSOSM (another sob story on social media). They're on twitter and FB (and prob others that I don't use - Instagram?) so it'd be a case of one size fits all :D Does mean losing the #A S S one, but then I guess there must be a few scorned exes using that one, or against of the TOWIE mob just for being, well, asses!

Plus the 'sob story teller' won't get miffed thinking they're being called an a s s :D

Jx
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • I-Owe-You
    Options
    Thanks, I know i won't win on a prize like that so i just post a silly answer. Guess which is my post! :D

One on that thread did make me chuckle... a whole detailed paragraph of how their greatest wish for Christmas is a cure for cancer.

They've then immediately replied to their own entry adding "...or if not, a copy of Call of Duty."

I did wonder if it was one of you lot being sarcastic, but think it is an actual genuine entry! :rotfl:
  • 2013yearofthehouse
    2013yearofthehouse Posts: 3,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 11 November 2016 at 12:34PM
    Options
    As soon as I saw the instructions for this, https://www.facebook.com/therangeuk/photos/a.10150095608056386.274433.141550836385/10153821696721386/?type=3&theater my heart sank!

“If you could only receive one gift this Christmas, what would it be?”

Thankfully the winner for this one only asked for a phone ;):D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family