PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Options

Comments

• meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I had to google origiri too, deffo too much faffing about for me but have ade a note to make them for DGD sometime.
    Slimming World at target
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,227 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    It's a different world!
    :)

My choc-scoff is the 30p bars at L1dl/A1d1.

It'll take 2-3 days if I hide it.

Else, I buy 250 gram bags of "chocolates seconds" at poundland. They're my favourite, I think they're disguised Cadburys. So they are a big treat really.... I ration myself for buying the bags, then 2-3 days max is how long they last once open.

I love the 30p Lidl choc, mine is the dark choc one, red label, tried the others but always go back to plain dark

Never thought of £land for chocs, will have peek next time if not a huge queue, just CBA to queue for what is just discretionary spending anyway

No breakfast today, just never fancied it, so doubled up on biscuits at Age Concern
    Found YS Broccoli & Tomato mini quiche in Lidl, two, so one today with LO instant mash + LO baked beans, and one for tomorrow with ???

I did splash out yesterday, 50p YS punnet of strawberries in Asda, had to have them even though I just knew deep down they would be disappointing, and they were, but were my first this year, had them with thick cream, lashed out a quid on that, honey and sliced banana

Alos cracked open the cream crackers bought at the weekend after the idea was put in my head by reading it here, they are Morrison fake ones, not really as nice as the Jacobs IMO but then not the same price point either
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Doom_and_Gloom Posts: 4,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    They haven't kicked me out yet - and I'm an honorary ex-single like you. :oYou're right; prednisolone had me eating anything that wasn't nailed down, whereas my "default" position is making myself eat at least something because it's necessary to do so to continue breathing!
    And gabapentin put 5lb on me in 2 weeks even though I barely ate.:eek:

I had to Google onigiri - looks really nice, but OMG what a lot of faffing about! :D
    meg72 wrote: »
    I had to google origiri too, deffo too much faffing about for me but have ade a note to make them for DGD sometime.

Lol they haven't kicked me out either and I have an OH. We eat different most of the time though even if he does do most my food (I help out/do things when I can).

Mm onigiri is lovely, nothing else quite like it but it is very time consuming. That's why the rice cakes won, they were just sat there ready to eat as was.

Again all I have had so far is coffee. Not a good example at all.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's a different world!

My choc-scoff is the 30p bars at L1dl/A1d1.

It'll take 2-3 days if I hide it.

Else, I buy 250 gram bags of "chocolates seconds" at poundland. They're my favourite, I think they're disguised Cadburys. So they are a big treat really.... I ration myself for buying the bags, then 2-3 days max is how long they last once open.

I looked up BB who I've never heard of. 2 truffles £1.19. Blimey.
    I'd rather go without!
    http://www.boojabooja.com/chocolate-truffles/collections/two-truffles-packs/

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I hide my chocolate from myself too..glad I'm not alone :D

:eek::eek: I'd never heard of it either...no wonder at that price :o
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've just got an early start .... just had one of those 8 spuds - 5 left now I think .... cheese and baked beans.

Quick/easy, tasty/filling, one of my "go to" meals if I've got spuds in (I've always got cheese and beans).
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Evening everyone

What's all this about "flinging folk out" - we have manners on here thank you very much :D

Tinned tomatoes on toast with L&P and a runny fried egg on top - breakfast heaven to me:)

Chocolate - I'm not a big chocolate fan but with exception of Flakes and Malteasers it has to be dark and very bitter - don't care which brand though I'll not knock back a bit of "Green & Black's" if it is going spare;)

Meat order arrived so once I've sorted out my Dad's stuff it will be freezer tetris........ Put this way apart from the odd pack of bacon or chicken thighs I should be ok meat wise until Christmas (not saying which year):o I got a couple of big brisket joints which are ear marked for Easter etc. but apart from that it's all going to be frozen in CFO suitable proportions. It's really quality stuff and even including delivery works out around 1/3 cheaper than supermarkets and less than half what I'd pay at the local butchers. I do like support local trade but the cash saving is just too big to ignore.

While I had the oven on last night I was very MSE (that's what having a smart meter is doing for me :)) and made up a potato, mushroom & courgette bake for tonight while I was cooking my chicken. I'm having some tonight with a couple of lovely bangers and LOs will be lunch tomorrow:D
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    .... CFO ....
    I've finally snapped....I've seen this here (for the first time ever) and just didn't ask !!!!!! it is ...but now I have to ask:

!!!!!! is CFO?

• caronc
    Options
    I've finally snapped....I've seen this here (for the first time ever) and just didn't ask !!!!!! it is ...but now I have to ask:

!!!!!! is CFO?

Cooking for one .........:)
  • Willowx
    Willowx Posts: 1,955 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A rather fruit heavy day for me lunch was a pack of ready salted crisps with a banana, an orange, a tomato, a plum and an apple and a cup of tea. Afternoon snack was a cuppa and two chocolate malted milks. Dinner I've just had a steak sandwich, those really thin ones, 30 seconds on each side with some asparagus, broccoli and another tomato plus a glass of red.
  • caronc
    Options
    Willowx wrote: »
    A rather fruit heavy day for me lunch was a pack of ready salted crisps with a banana, an orange, a tomato, a plum and an apple and a cup of tea. Afternoon snack was a cuppa and two chocolate malted milks. Dinner I've just had a steak sandwich, those really thin ones, 30 seconds on each side with some asparagus, broccoli and another tomato plus a glass of red.
    Oh I do love a steak sandwich in really crusty bread with lots of mustard and onions:drool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure