Options

Comments

• scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Busy busy busy!

The bloke is still around, alot.

The Canadian is all moved to the south coast.

The Christening was a lovely day, and I've had my mum and Aunt visiting for a few days. Back to work in the morning with a lovely 15 hour day over the two jobs, am looking forward to it for a rest!

Also claimed £20 from a survey company on Friday which was paid today so that's been withdrawn and will be paid off the credit card in a few days.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    scubaangel wrote: »
    Busy busy busy!

The bloke is still around, alot.

That'll keep you busy as well.
    The Canadian is all moved to the south coast.

So the interview went well?
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    As does the two jobs, trying to swim twice a week and having had family visiting!

That was a whole other level of complicated and dealing with half wits, but shes there and getting settled the rest can be resolved later I think is the best way to explain it.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Remind me again why I decided I wanted to pay the debt off quickly instead of just letting it diwindle slowly?

Another month of working my normal job, plus on average an extra day per week as over time there and doing two evenings at the second job and maintaining a relationship.

I'm knackered. And not yet seeing the financial benefits of it thanks to a couple of fairly hefty expenses this month - inc two new tyres as I achieved a double puncture, and starting Christmas shopping. But in to the New Year it will start to feel worth it am sure.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• ZTD
    Options
    Remind me again why I decided I wanted to pay the debt off quickly instead of just letting it diwindle slowly?

Because having no debts gives you options, and allows you to do things you want/need to do at a time of your choosing?
    Another month of working my normal job, plus on average an extra day per week as over time there and doing two evenings at the second job and maintaining a relationship.

I'm knackered.

:grouphug:
    And not yet seeing the financial benefits of it thanks to a couple of fairly hefty expenses this month - inc two new tyres as I achieved a double puncture,

Run over Santa *and* Rudolph?
    and starting Christmas shopping. But in to the New Year it will start to feel worth it am sure.

You'll be able to slacken off when it's clear.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    So yesterday morning the Canadian and I ran the Grim Challenge.

8 miles of off road military vehicle testing tracks. It was as you would anticipate hilly and a touch damp in places. Thankfully as it wasn't a freezing morning it wasn't as cold as it could have been and the speedy runners had proken the ice on the worst of the puddles - which was nice, until you were chest deep in said puddle fending off icebergs while hoping your fingers hadn't dropped off in the mud.

After that fun morning I then had the blokes work Christmas meal to survive - held at a local posh hotel, dress code Black Tie and Cocktail dresses. So from mud monster to posh female in one short day. Himself had the first day of his marathon training plan to run today so is currently doing his best impression of a dead body on my sofa - thankfully he's snoring occasionally so I know it's just an impression!

Money wise nothing to report other than the raiding of cash back apps for freebies while grocery shopping earlier - free Mince Pies from Quidco.

Debating the opening of my large savings tin as I know there are a few old £5 notes in it and it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to get them and the rest of the cash in it in to the bank and put to the debt reduction plans before I start the next tin.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    And back online properly!

Old laptop has pretty much given up, no matter what I do it has taken to over heating and turning itself off after about 10 minutes, so had to convert the Christmas money from my Dad in to a new one which I finally had time to pick up yesterday.

Since my last post I also ran the RNLI Southsea and Portsmouth Santa Runs. I completed all three of the runs on the day which meant I finished the Snowflake Challenge and got a really fun set of medals which slot together to make a snowflake - the runs were a 1 mile fun run, 10km, and finished off the morning with a 5km. Needless to say I was very hungover as I'd been celebrating the Canadians birthday the night before!

Christmas was spent at my family, with a Christmas meal between Christmas and New Year with the blokes family and then New Year with his friends near home. It was almost a relief to be back at work this week. Although had been back at the hotel for a few shifts over the holidays.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Popped in to Mr M's last night to pick up some muchly reduced lebkuchen as I like it with coffee while eating the blokes stupidly healthy food choices - he's running 50+ miles a week and insists on eating healthy food all the time I'm sure he's broken in some fundamental way!

While I was there I also got my first £5 more voucher. Would have been handy last week when I had to buy some more washing powder and washing up liquid. But will keep hold of it for the next boring essentials I run out of.

Only a couple of surveys away from cashing out on yougov too which would be a nice boost.

And in exersize news have confirmed that I have the Sunday off when there is a local half marathon and 5k fun run later this month. The bloke is running the half marathon so I'm thinking about doing the 5k.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• ZTD
    Options
    And back online properly!

Old laptop has pretty much given up, no matter what I do it has taken to over heating and turning itself off after about 10 minutes,

This is normally due to fluff being sucked up inside and coating the bits in a heat insulation layer. A vaccum cleaner applied to the vents can help with this. It's better to dismantle, but it depends on how confident you are with this.

It's one of the reasons why "laptops" are called "notebooks" these days, as it's to discourage people from using them on their laptops and sucking fluff inside. Also, a few men burned their gentlemen parts on the bottom... :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    so had to convert the Christmas money from my Dad in to a new one which I finally had time to pick up yesterday.

What kind is it?
    Since my last post I also ran the RNLI Southsea and Portsmouth Santa Runs. I completed all three of the runs on the day which meant I finished the Snowflake Challenge and got a really fun set of medals which slot together to make a snowflake

That sounds good - do you have a picture?
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Options
    The old one had been pulled apart and defluffed on a regular basis - its a problem I have that anything with moving parts which resemble a fan in any way get clogged with hair.....I swear I moult more than most pet dogs! My laptops always live on either my coffee table or a laptray to insulate my legs as much as them.

It's a blue one.....Its a HP, it'll do what I need.

I do but its on the old lappy, not finished transferring files yet - cant remember my dropbox log in to make life easier although the pics need to be backed up on the external HD along with my S.E files as well.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills