Help....Has anyone claimed bank charges back from Halifax?

Options

Comments

• redfragglebiker
    Options
    Loubie_Loo wrote: »
    After spending a whopping 15 minutes on hold with intermittent sorry we can only send statements that cost you over £5 each, me reminding them about my rights to my records, and being told actually you can't claim, I finally got the guy to agree to send me my records. After a twenty minute phone call I'm to expect my records in 7 to 10 days.
    Am going down the hardship route so hopefully I'll get my money back!
    Halifax clearly don't want to play ball....

Anyone else managed to get their money back after the ruling?

Not so far Loubie Lou, I've not written to the ombudsman to see if that gets me any further as all Halifax did was send me out a standard template letter telling me that their charges were listed in the terms and conditions of their accounts. I'll keep you updated as to how I get on. Good Luck!
    Everyone has a dark side... apparently mine is called Harold?!? :huh:
  • kirsty1253
    Options
    Hi all, I sent a claim to halifax and 6 days after sending they phoned me and told me they had processed a refund of £300 and would give me no further charges for 6 months, this is their final decision and didnt require any acceptance, however i can still take it to the ombudsman to request more money back - which I will as the £300 is less than half the amount claimed! Got the refund a few days later, so from sending my claim, grand total of 10 days for resolution! Hope this gives you all some encouragement!
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,385 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    however i can still take it to the ombudsman to request more money back

Yes you can. And Halifax can withdraw that goodwill offer and the FOS have no remit to tell Halifax to refund a penny. So, it will be an almighty gamble.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • kirsty1253
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Yes you can. And Halifax can withdraw that goodwill offer and the FOS have no remit to tell Halifax to refund a penny. So, it will be an almighty gamble.

No Halifax can't and won't, as stated in the letter I recieved from them.
  • dunstonh
    Options
    kirsty1253 wrote: »
    No Halifax can't and won't, as stated in the letter I recieved from them.

A goodwill offer is on the basis of you accepting it is the end of the complaint. They can withdraw goodwill offers.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • kirsty1253
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    A goodwill offer is on the basis of you accepting it is the end of the complaint. They can withdraw goodwill offers.

Yes I am fully aware of this. However my refund was not a goodwill offer so your statement does not apply to my case.
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had Halifax refund me £600 in fees last year. I didn't send them a letter or 'demand' anything, after a year of sever financial difficulty and snow balling with my OD I phoned them up and pleaded with the operator to help me because I couldn't afford to continue - the man went through my account over the prior 12 months and said he would refund £600. I was very grateful and surprised.

But I do feel many people are now jumping on the band wagon to have legitimate fees refunded. This thread shows how ruthless people are being, over a very grey area. All you need is for your letter to end up in the hands of somebody having a bad day who files it away in the 'reject' pile.
  • mascotty
    mascotty Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is there a template that I can send to my bank as all these PPI and claim companies seem to take a large sum if you win and nothing if you don't, I would prefer to go to the Halifax direct with a letter or a email with a template as sometimes my wording is not the greatest strength, and am sure they owe me quite a substantial amount of the last 15 years with charges etc. and help and advice would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You need to put in your own complaint reasons. A template would not be suitable.

http://www.halifax.co.uk/contactus/how-to-complain/complain-about-ppi/
  • dunstonh
    Options
    mascotty wrote: »
    Is there a template that I can send to my bank as all these PPI and claim companies seem to take a large sum if you win and nothing if you don't, I would prefer to go to the Halifax direct with a letter or a email with a template as sometimes my wording is not the greatest strength, and am sure they owe me quite a substantial amount of the last 15 years with charges etc. and help and advice would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance

What charges are you talking about?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure