Options

Comments

• kms26
    kms26 Posts: 846 Forumite
    edited 1 October 2010 at 11:20AM
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Horrible day here.

Jazzabelle - The parcel is the soaps and candles i promised.

Melissa - Congratulations!!

The Wife - Thank you my postie has come and they are great thanks again.

Flying-Freisian - I assume they have got it mixed up with Jellybabies challenge of cows and make up. It finished yesterday (i think) so it will stop now :rotfl:

Mary-OP - Happy Birthday :bdaycake:

I would just like to thank everyone for all your lovely comments on my blog it really means alot and they are much appreciated.

I am going to my mums for the weekend today and have decided i am only taking some images and promarkers :eek: I don't really get the time to do any cards down there as i am usually visiting family, but i will still be on here of course :D While i am at my mums i am going to Hobbycraft, The Range, The Works, Wilkinson and a bookshop but i can't remember what it's called :cool:, If anyone would like me to pick anything up for them let me know and i will pop it in the post on Monday for you. :)

Ooooh and meant to say i sold one of my name keyrings!! :D
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hurrah for the postie!

Still no sign of the fabled madaboutcards order (Bah!) but got a cute stamp from Ebay and my latest order from Little Claire Designs :j This included my first purchase of 3D gloss, so I'm going to play with that tonight and would be grateful for any tips.

Also, the stamp from Ebay is an unmounted one, like those you would see on a wooden stamp block. I didn't really think about this when I bought it :o Can it be used with an acrylic block? Any advice appreciated.

I'm off to Hobbycraft now - if I haven't posted by 6pm send a search party :D
  • kms26
    edited 1 October 2010 at 11:29AM
    Options
    Hurrah for the postie!

Still no sign of the fabled madaboutcards order (Bah!) but got a cute stamp from Ebay and my latest order from Little Claire Designs :j This included my first purchase of 3D gloss, so I'm going to play with that tonight and would be grateful for any tips.

Also, the stamp from Ebay is an unmounted one, like those you would see on a wooden stamp block. I didn't really think about this when I bought it :o Can it be used with an acrylic block? Any advice appreciated.

I'm off to Hobbycraft now - if I haven't posted by 6pm send a search party :D

I am still waiting on an order from Madaboutcards too :cool:

I brought some glossy accents the other day and i have found it really easy to use. There is instructions on the bottle, which i found useful.

I use all my unmounted stamps with my acrylic blocks, if they don't cling by their self you can buy some stuff called Kling On (i think) But i just use double sided tape or foam squares. HTH

Found this freebie if anyone is interested http://www.imag-e-nation.com/products/Just-Inklined-Digi-Stamp-%252d-Christmas-Wreath-Pinecones.html
  • kms26
    edited 1 October 2010 at 11:56AM
    Options
    someone needs to look here: http://lothiancrafts.blogspot.com/2010/10/lothian-crafts-challenge-6-winner.html

Can someone give me the code so it is one word instead of the whole link pleeeease?

Like this
    PepPop wrote: »
    Flyin_fresian Have a look at this 2nd kit down - thought you'd like the owls
  • curly07
    curly07 Posts: 164 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your reply Addams. Yes i did "borrow" some things of my granny last night and my mum is going to see what she has! I live in Northern Ireland and unfortunatly we don't have as many shops as you would :( to my knowledge we have no hobbycraft shop here! do they have an online shop? Im going to a card show in the Kings hall in Novemeber so should be abe to pick up a good lot there! theres so many differet types of things out there its mad!! lol i can't get onto your blogs in work(booooo!) , so will have to leave that to do at home! Today would be an ideal day to sit at home and make cards...rain rain rain and more rain!!
    - Winners make things happen, losers let things happen -
    :j
  • PepPop
    PepPop Posts: 1,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy Birthday Mary

curly07 Hello and welcome
  • TomsMom
    TomsMom Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 1 October 2010 at 12:02PM
    Options
    kms26 wrote: »
    someone needs to look here: http://lothiancrafts.blogspot.com/2010/10/lothian-crafts-challenge-6-winner.html

Can someone give me the code so it is one word instead of the whole link pleeeease?

Like this

Oooh, well done winner :T.

Kelly - to do the linky thing you need to use a word of your choice in your message, e.g. here. Then highlight that word. Then click on the blue world with chain link icon which is underneath the white smiley at the top of the message reply box. A box will open up for you to put a link in. Highlight the URL of the website you want to link to then paste it into the box that opened up. You will have to make sure that you delete the http:// that was originally in the box, if there are two the link wont work. Hope you can understand.

Ooops, sorry Curly07 - I forgot to welcome you. I don't have any craft shops near me, I have to save it up for when I do go on a shopping day (shops are about 1.5 hours drive away) but still can't get to a Hobbycraft or The Range. Otherwise I shop online.
  • kms26
    edited 1 October 2010 at 12:16PM
    Options
    curly07 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply Addams. Yes i did "borrow" some things of my granny last night and my mum is going to see what she has! I live in Northern Ireland and unfortunatly we don't have as many shops as you would :( to my knowledge we have no hobbycraft shop here! do they have an online shop? Im going to a card show in the Kings hall in Novemeber so should be abe to pick up a good lot there! theres so many differet types of things out there its mad!! lol i can't get onto your blogs in work(booooo!) , so will have to leave that to do at home! Today would be an ideal day to sit at home and make cards...rain rain rain and more rain!!

Yes hobbycraft have an online store: here they have a good ideas section too here

I would recommend buying Let's make cards magazine It is £7.99 but you get a whole kit to make so many cards. Here

Dunelm and The Range also sell craft things, if there is one near you here and here

HTH
  • Glittermum
    Options
    Just posted a little RAK over at Crafty Place
  • craftygranny
    craftygranny Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    Options
    Hello curly 07 and welcome

Happy Birthday mary op hope it's a good one .
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member Number 20

New challenge finish birth sampler by end of the month
    No matter how much life knocks you down, it's your ability to get back up, brush yourself off and face your next set of challenges that makes you stronger
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure