Nathalie's Moving-Out Fund

Options
Welcome to my thread for my moving-out fund!

The rules are:

- I receive around £900 per month in benefits.
- £450 per month goes to my father to help with the rent.
- I will put £225 into savings each month.
- The remaining £225 will be used for travel, food, and other necessities.

From now on, I will only buy books, films, music, etc. using money from sources other than my benefits. And, at the end of each month, any unused "extra money" goes into savings.

This is all for the purpose of funding moving out and finding a flat for myself (and my boyfriend). It's also a means of nipping in the bud what I fear may be a nascent hoarding habit.

I will be keeping track of the growth of my moving-out fund and of my extra-money in this thread.
ESA (Support Group), PIP (Care Segment), eBay
If I get my hands on some money, I'll kiss its green skin, and I'll ask its dirty face, "where the Hell have you been?".

Comments

• NathalieNeal
    Options
    Extra Money!
    5/10/15: £20.35 from eBay
    If I get my hands on some money, I'll kiss its green skin, and I'll ask its dirty face, "where the Hell have you been?".
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good for you. Welcome!
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • NathalieNeal
    Options
    Good for you. Welcome!

Thank you very much! I'm coming up on £5 from FeaturePoints, and hopefully something from Swagbucks.
  • NathalieNeal
    Options
    An old PayPal transaction from late last month just debited - £6. A spit in the bucket, but important when you're as skint as me!

I had a very good night's sleep last night. God bless zopiclone and promethazine. As a result, I didn't spend any money overnight! I have a bad habit of late-night-early-morning online shopping, and have been known to go out to the corner shop or beyond in the middle of the night, too.

I hit 1000 SwagBucks points today, so I could get £5, but seeing as it's more economic to get a £10, I'll hang on. I'll go for Amazon over PayPal.
  • NathalieNeal
    Options
    Cannot wait for Friday. ESA day.
  • NathalieNeal
    Options
    Good morning! I had another good night's sleep thanks to the zop/prometh combination. I don't suffer any side effects from it that couldn't be put down to other things.

My eBay invoice debited today, but it was only around £2.

I've referred one person to Featurepoints, and I've hit 1100 points on Swagbucks. I should hopefully be able to claim £5 from FP and £10 from SB by the end of the day.

Diet's not going so well. I ate two naan breads on top of my planned food and drink yesterday, and put on a pound. Ah, well. I'll lose it by the end of the week if everything goes to plan.

I've been listening to nostalgia music this morning - nostalgia for my early teens. Placebo and Garbage. I really shouldn't listen to Placebo, bad associations, but at times I need bad associations. :P

I've listed two more things on eBay - a first edition of a book I never got past the first few pages of (sci-fi is not for me), and two T-shirts. I plan to list more today.
  • uskenneth
    Options
    that's great
  • NathalieNeal
    Options
    Thanks, uskenneth!
    As it happens, I didn't manage those goals yesterday, but I certainly shall - and I mean, "shall" - by midday.
  • NathalieNeal
    Options
    Well, I didn't manage any of my goals yesterday - I wasn't feeling well at all - but today my ESA came in.
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hello Natalie,

Don't worry about the financial goals all of the time. Living day to day is more important sometimes. I am an insulin dependant diabetic and spent a fair while of today unconscious after i cleaned my kitchen - so although it was an NSD for me lol. I gotta laugh sometimes.

hugs. swxxxxx
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family