Before I get excited - Anyone had a Beauty Base Email?

Options

Comments

• dawney77
    Options
    I got this too, I'm still trying to get over the disappointment!! Never mind, well done Lisa x
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I got one too, but it looked odd, so I searched on here and came accross this thread. I haven't read all the comments, but I for one won't be worrying about it at all.
  • Defoe
    Defoe Posts: 616 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Whitaker1 wrote: »
    I emailed them and said the person who sent the email should be sacked

And another newbie with a sense of humour, right? :D

Veterans of the Mammoth Mattress comp take all this in their stride :)
    Still cracking on....
    Wins in 2019: 28 prizes realised value £278:eek:
    Wins in 2018: 59 prizes realised value £1,818:coffee:
    Wins in 2017: 53 prizes realised value £2,556:j
    Wins in 2016: 51 prizes realised value £790
    Wins in 2015: 81 prizes realised value £2,065 :beer:
  • glittercutcrease
    Options
    Dissapointed isnt the word!!!!!
    Ive just opened up the email, crying and shaking thinking Christmas was sorted.....ive even emailed you my details to make sure they were correct and then i come on here to find out it was an ERROR!!!! !!!!!! whoever did this their heads should roll. Fuming!!!!
    Jesus Tracy, get a real problem

Don't know why, but that reply tickled me.
  • tghe-retford
    Options
    Any of the Lisa's here, just find a man whose surname is Hanson, marry him and you'll soon be good to go... :rotfl:

In all seriousness, calls of sacking people, having a mental breakdown because you have had a win withdrawn and demands for petitions all seem a grotesque over-reaction. I can imagine and fully understand the disappointment or anger that comes about after such a situation and for people to vent, but sackings? Crying and trembling? Petitions? Really? I can only hope some decorum and lessons learned come out of this, and not just referring to the company who dropped the ball on this one.
  • Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If I thought someone was at risk of losing their job over this, I would start a petition to help them keep their job. If it is a one off mistake someone has made and it was not done maliciously, then they should not be sacked because of it. Mistakes happen. I've got more important things to worry about than getting a WEM and not getting a prize.
  • deb2112
    deb2112 Posts: 380 Forumite
    Options
    I definitely entered this competition and so did my mum, but neither of us have received a "winning" email - we feel quite left out!!

Me too! Didn't get the "winning" email, but did get the second one offering 10% off. Can't even get a WEM when it isn't real :rotfl:

I shall write them an email expressing my utter despair at not being included in their non-winners' club and I shall suggest that the person who didn't send me one should be sacked :rotfl:
  • Elanamorgan
    Options
    Awww no proper gutted!!! I was just coming on here to ask about the email, i thought it looked a bit strange. No designer fragrance for the family this year then lol.
  • towser44
    towser44 Posts: 609 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    deb2112 wrote: »
    Me too! Didn't get the "winning" email, but did get the second one offering 10% off. Can't even get a WEM when it isn't real :rotfl:

I shall write them an email expressing my utter despair at not being included in their non-winners' club and I shall suggest that the person who didn't send me one should be sacked :rotfl:

Lol, I got the WEM, but not the 10% off second email :-)
    :easter:
  • 2013yearofthehouse
    Options
    deb2112 wrote: »

Finally someone else! My mum and I don't feel quite so left out now! :rotfl:

Although, my mum, like you, got the 10% follow up email.....I however, didn't even get that! :rotfl: Time to feel left out again! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure