Lucifa's (Ac)counting the pennies DFW diary

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,306 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    :wave: Fancy seeing you here ;)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Lucifa73
    Lucifa73 Posts: 7,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Beanie! I've been snooping around seeing what's what - so many new face! Looking forward to easing back into things!

Hope you are keeping well and DS is taking care of you properly!
    26.2.19/14.1.19: T MC 3629.26/3629.26 : VM 0% 1050/13876.59 : W 0% 100/1485 = 4409.26/18990.85 =25.17%
    28.1.19/28.1.19 Hubs 0% £400/£2,977 =13.44%
    SPC 2019 #073

• beanielou
    Options
    Lucifa73 wrote: »
    Hi Beanie! I've been snooping around seeing what's what - so many new face! Looking forward to easing back into things!

Hope you are keeping well and DS is taking care of you properly!

DS & GF of 5 years are all grown up & living in a flat :eek:
    That is scary~~I feel old:rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Lucifa73
    Options
    So what do I need to know that wasn't around a few years ago? Actually how long have I been away? Was DS2 with us? I seem to think not and he is now 5:eek:

I see there is no longer a Daily Chat so what goes on for entertainment around here? Have to admit, I feel like a bit of a snooper/stalker checking out random diaries:o
    26.2.19/14.1.19: T MC 3629.26/3629.26 : VM 0% 1050/13876.59 : W 0% 100/1485 = 4409.26/18990.85 =25.17%
    SPC 2019 #073

• Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Welcome back - hadn’t realised you’d had another DS so congrats (5 years late but hey!)
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Morning :D

I've been on forum since April this year so the Daily Chat stuff must have been long gone by then...

Generally, I am on the forum most days, as like others I feel it helps keep me focused and accountable IYKWIM
    Snooping and stalking folks Diaries? Oh no, that's just visiting friends and catching up on the goss on here ;) :rotfl:
    Everyone has their favourites / friends Diaries that we subscribe to for e-mail notification of updates. It's nice to keep up with how everyone is doing.

I don't know what it was like when you were last on but it is a great and friendly community of good folks who look out for each other and provide advice, support, kick up the backside as/when necessary.

So just knock on the diary door as it were, read, comment and re-join the community. You'll soon get back into the swing of it and you're always welcome to visit my diary, I've subscribed to yours :p
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Daily chat has very long gone.
    Oh they were the days the friends.............
    I certainly knew about DS 2 :)
    Scary that the boys are so grown up.
    But then look at Pooky & i :eek:

• Lucifa73
    Options
    Seems it might take a bit of discipline to get back in the swing of DFW and posting up.

So where am I now? Married, 2 children, lovely new house, wee bit of CC debt, well paid , relatively secure job. The CC debt should be a no-brainer to deal with.

:mad: I do have one small issue though...:mad: I had a problem where our utility provider set up our dual fuel incorrectly which meant I thought I was paying gas and electric but they were applying the payment to a gas only account. LOTS of calls later (and a threat to put in a meter...) and I have a default on my record which is causing problems getting a new phone. A niggle not a disaster for sure right now, but what happens when its time to re-mortgage???? Given I WAS paying (and in fact they transferred the huge credit I'd built up once they finally set up an electric account) can I ask for the default to be removed?

Things to do:
    -update budget spread sheet (waiting for pay rise confirmation...)
    -set monthly DD based on free cash in budget to pay off Tesco Card
    -set NSD challenge
    -sweep unspent cash against CC until cleared
    -once card cleared set SO for same amount to savings

Any other thoughts would be gratefully received :D
    SPC 2019 #073

• UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hello stranger :D

I'm guessing at Sco Pow as provider... worst quality and service record for a supplier... allegedly...
    Anyhoo, definite grounds to have the default removed I would think as it is clear that the error was theirs; they did not appropriate the payments which were correctly paid to the correct accounts. Which created a huge credit on one and a deficit in the other. Complain to them until it is removed... threaten em with the ombudsman...

Nice to see you posting again btw :D
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Lucifa73
    Options
    Hi Uncanny - just been catching up on your diary. Pre-Xmas to now - great stuff!

Hoping to be around more. Things are not dire but need to refocus to blitz a wee bit of CC debt so we can relax and enjoy what we have worked so hard to achieve!
    SPC 2019 #073

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family