Options
13»

Comments

• Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,323 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    enginesuck wrote: »
    I found it uninspiring, beaches not as good as other Caribbean destinations. Also the food was very poor. Both in Hotels and Cantinas.

Tastes differ, but I think you must have been ripped off. I found Cuba to be the most inspiring holiday destination I have ever visited. Beaches and snorkelling were vastly better than I experienced in Dominican Republic; West Africa; Philippines; California; on a par with Thailand and Seychelles. Did you let someone dodgy choose a beach for you?

I do agree that food is disappointing: I think the best food is to be found in your Casa Particular.
  • Polly_Esther
    Options
    Tastes differ, but I think you must have been ripped off. I found Cuba to be the most inspiring holiday destination I have ever visited. Beaches and snorkelling were vastly better than I experienced in Dominican Republic; West Africa; Philippines; California; on a par with Thailand and Seychelles. Did you let someone dodgy choose a beach for you?

I do agree that food is disappointing: I think the best food is to be found in your Casa Particular.

Shame you had vastly worse experiences in Dominican Republic; West Africa; Philippines; California; That's quite the gamut. Hope you didn't get ripped off or show up at a beach chosen by someone dodgy.
  • Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,323 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Shame you had vastly worse experiences in Dominican Republic; West Africa; Philippines; California; That's quite the gamut. Hope you didn't get ripped off or show up at a beach chosen by someone dodgy.

Thanks for the concern, but since I lived in each of Benin (West Africa) and Philippines for a couple of years each, I probably found some of the best attractions that each country offered. The point of my post was not to say that there was anything wrong with the destinations that I mentioned, but to highlight that Cuba at its best is absolutely outstanding.
  • KingS6
    KingS6 Posts: 400 Forumite
    Options
    Give Cayo Guillermo a consideration too. Enjoyed my trip there.

There is also Cayo Coco too.
  • Archergirl
    Archergirl Posts: 1,768 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Which places offer the best snorkeling,? We love the Red Sea and also the Maldives, little disappointed with Aruba
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure