PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thursday 26th February 2015

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good Morning everyone we hade soft and persistent drizzle here this morning, it looks like mist outside but is putting down quite a lot of moisture in a short time. We won the quiz at the pub last night which came as a bit of a surprise as the questions were dire, so obscure that there was slience and blank looks from all the tables round us (and us too) with each question read out. Not as impressive as it sounds as we got 27 out of 52 so not brain of britain stuff but another donation to the Christmas fund was very welcome. TRU we also had a Roland visiting the bird feeder, just a young one and we baited a trap in our rickety shed that he was disappearing under each time but he didn't take it and seems to have gone away. I've also stopped putting out food for the birds for a while. The problem here is my neighbour who puts out all her food waste, feeds the foxes and squirrels as well as the birds and was given a sharp warning by me in the summer last year for throwing dog biscuits onto our front lawn to feed the fox cubs, which made life with an enthusiastic lurcher quite trying for a while. She puts out meat scraps etc which always seems to pull in the rodents and try as I might I cannot bring her to understand the potential for disease they bring with them. I hate baiting but we have to sometimes and it is effective. Hope your unwanted visitor removes itself very quickly.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GERS!!! Have yourself a lovely day pet.

Have a nice day everyone else too, Lyn xxx.
  • tooties
    tooties Posts: 801 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning All,

Gers have a great birthday.

Wet and windy outside, i think that the wood burner will be lit fairly soon.

I don't have a big list today so i am hoping to get more stuff Kondoed and hopefully find some time for crocheting.

Have a warm, safe and happy day,

regards
    :j
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Up bright and early this morning and needed to pop to the shop before my Grandson came. I was going to take him for a bit of a walk in his pushchair but its cold and raining.

No news from the family. No news is good news right? Must message my daughter later to see how things went at the chiropractor.

Youngest is going away for the weekend so he tells me this morning before he went to work.

Bin collection today was a nightmare. Road works and traffic lights are making things rather difficult and the recycle bags haven't been collected.

Onwards and forwards,

Have a great day all.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Good morning all,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Gers have a lovely day.:j:bdaycake:

It is a wet and grey day here, don't know whether it is expected to improve.

Have just stripped our bed so will put WM on shortly and remake the bed. Have an A*da shop coming later, our car is in the garage having work done and seems to be taking forever.

Dumpling I know how worried you must be. Keep a close eye to her and if you see any change in her personality or attitude to her family make a note of it. Ask me how I know!!

Jackie, have you had a date for your final op yet?. I bet you can't wait to go shopping for those pretty bras.

Not a lot happening here, so have a good day everyone and take care

Candlelightx

NB.Well done Lyn on winning the quiz
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,517 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all,

Happy Birthday Gers - have a fab day :beer:

Dumpling - have PM,d you x

Wet and windy here too - was going to go to the mainland today, but passenger jets are a bit dodgey this morning, so will pospone it.

WM and TD on, DW emptied and meatball stroganoff for dinner :)

Was going to strip our bed - but Eric and Ernie are having a peaceful protest due to rain :rotfl::rotfl:

Apologies for the Tracy Emin shot

C2E0BBB6-317A-4FED-BBB7-EF5F335FB79F_zpskanmrvcg.jpg
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • donny-gal
    donny-gal Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning All

Happy Birthday :bdaycake: Gers

***Just off outside to sunbathe!***

Only highlight if you want upsetting :D:D

((hugs)), Spoons & Positive Vibes all round. Takecare everyone. DG
    Member #8 of the SKI-ers Club
    Why is it I have less time now I am retired then when I worked?
  • busiscoming2
    Options
    Morning all,

Just stopped for a cuppa, in the middle of cleaning.

Happy Birthday Gers :) Have a lovely day.

Not much to report here. Seems dry, warmish but dull here today.

Think I will do meatloaf for dinner.
  • We were up early and away to Aldi via the newsagent to get a Mirror for the token. Spent £54 which was not bad, the £5 I saved has gone in the money jar for spends on our holiday in April, not going anywhere glamours, Felixstowe in a luxury caravan for a week. We want to spend some time chilling and some tone exploring Suffolk. The penny tin might buy us a fish and chip lunch/supper somewhere.

I have the quilting group this afternoon, wondering how they have got on with their projects, will be interesting to see. I have the stuff for their next project in my bag.

Very dull, grey and pouring with rain, so glad I did the washing yesterday and got it dry, all folded up apart from a polo top of OH's which will need ironing.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Happy Birthday Gers :bdaycake: Have a lovely day.

Made DH banana pancakes for breakfast and organic fruit and veg box has arrived with yet more bananas. He has just had some pork pie and home made chips for lunch while I had some stew. Determined to get his weight up. ;)

Posted invitations yesterday and had a couple of phone calls already to say some had been received this morning so pleased and surprised by the speed.

DD is popping home tomorrow for a birthday breakfast of pancakes with strawberries and cream so need to go and get the berries etc.

I also need to get wood glue as one of the kitchen drawers came off in Dd's hand this morning :mad: Showed DH the drawer last night saying I thought one of the corners was loose and his reply was "It looks fine to me!"

Dumpling

At least you have told her and she knows he has had anger problems in the past which should relieve your mind a little. You would never forgive yourself if you had said nothing.

Hugs to all.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Dumpling, as a Mum I'd still be concerned about your daughters choice of boyfriend but I feel happier knowing she does martial arts.

Gers, happy birthday to you._party_ I hope you have a super birthday.

My little man is fast asleep. He's only pulled some of the tins out of the cupboard this morning not all and tipped the dogs water bowl up. Maybe the white chocolate buttons I gave him this morning after his breakfast slowed him up somewhat.:rotfl:

th_IMG_20150226_093302_zpsbmz1xnjm.jpg

Managed to get some bits and pieces done in the house in between 'pick ups' too. I must be getting used to having him around.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure