Massive Vodafone bill - please help\

Options

Comments

• DevilsAdvocate1
    Options
    I've made a formal complaint to Vodafone who asked me if I really wanted to do this as if its found the person said it was capped they would be sacked. Guilt trip. I have this recorded and did tell the staff member I was recording the call at the start of the conversation.

Anyway, they initially offered me £50 compensation. This was then upped to 10% of the bill (under £66.40). They've said that's the best the can do and that we've reached deadlock. I've been told I will receive a letter within 14 days and I can use this to complain to the regulator.

So waiting for the letter to arrive now.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've made a formal complaint to Vodafone who asked me if I really wanted to do this as if its found the person said it was capped they would be sacked. Guilt trip. I have this recorded and did tell the staff member I was recording the call at the start of the conversation.

If the person is saying this to get commission then they need to get sacked. Don't feel guilty for a second, Vodafone (and all other networks) should be anxious to get rid of people doing this.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ... I just don't know what steps you could take at this stage (aside from notifying Vodafone of the evidence + waiting for them to initiate court action then defend it).

Sadly networks often just trash your credit record rather than initiate court action.
  • DevilsAdvocate1
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »
    Sadly networks often just trash your credit record rather than initiate court action.

They've taken the money. Surprised my bank let them as it left me over £500 overdrawn.
  • NotRichAtAll
    Options
    there are settings in most modern phones to warn you when you reach a particular limit, did you not think to set that?
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it direct debit? If so id be recalling if. Especially since they agree you was.likdly mis sold it
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,364 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    It has been asked before, dont think it has been answered

did you buy it as a business?

Can you charge the companies you are working for?
  • eddddy
    eddddy Posts: 16,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    arcon5 wrote: »
    Is it direct debit? If so id be recalling if. Especially since they agree you was.likdly mis sold it

The OP has a contractual dispute. You cannot use the DD guarantee for contractual disputes - e.g. misrepresentation.
    The Direct Debit Guarantee applies to all Direct Debits. It protects you in the rare event that there is an error in the payment of your Direct Debit. The Guarantee covers Direct Debit payments. It cannot be used to address contractual disputes between you and the billing organisation.​

Link: https://www.directdebit.co.uk/DirectDebitExplained/pages/directdebitguarantee.aspx
  • DevilsAdvocate1
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    It has been asked before, dont think it has been answered

did you buy it as a business?

Can you charge the companies you are working for?

No, I'm self employed. The companies I work for are agencies. Will check my contract to be sure, but I think I took it out on a personal contract.
  • DevilsAdvocate1
    Options
    there are settings in most modern phones to warn you when you reach a particular limit, did you not think to set that?

Clearly not. I'm not a technical person. Never occurred to me, especially as I was told it was capped. Also, this was not a phone, it was a modem. So don't think there is a setting to do this.

I've now put a cap on my laptop. But this still doesn't give me my correct usage as I use the modem with more than one device.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure