22 Foxhole East

Options

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Pinch punch first of the month and no returns!

Money hit my bank account yesterday, so this morning I made a sneaky £312 overpayment. This is probably all I am going to manage, unless I round down the odd £. Annoyingly I have to wait until tomorrow to see the balance reduce, and then wait an extra day to see if the daily interest drops another penny. More waiting.........

So by my reckoning I should be £112,800 tomorrow.

Jobs for today-

Hang a mirror on the wall
    Finish a few minor jobs that will take 5 minutes
    Start painting the doors - I have 8 to do.
    Try and find a hamster hotel for Hugo and Laurence for when we go to Ireland.
    Tidy like mad. We are on the countdown to 'Auntie' visit.

Oh, and cancel all the dentist appointments and kids check up appointments as we will not be here. So arrange for later.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi Foxy

Again sorry for not getting over to the MW section very often. If you were on DFW I'd be up in your grill every day you know ;)

I'm glad the ferry is now sorted and very envious of your fantastic sounding trip. I would really love to go to the Giants Causeway. Nearest I've got is a hockey tour to Cookstown about 10 years ago. That was a mad one. Ever faced a drunken woman with a stick in her hands? Not me by the way :)

It's a tricky one isn't it. My son was like that at his grandparents last week. He is fine there in the warmer months as they are right on the coast and like most boys he'd be running in and out of water all day even if it's not tropical. But it was cold. And that meant apart from the trips we did to the playground and the village he wanted to be online looking at YouTube. Which the GPs have mixed feelings about.

His other cousin is much more traditional child and his parents only allow him 15 minute slots on tinternet.

I do agree that kids should be outside as much as possible but in my case I was trying to do as much cleaning as I could during our stay to help as they've both been ill. So I wasn't able to just sit and do nothing all day. DH also had jobs to do that needed doing for them. So which has to give?

Hope you have a good day and your tooth isn't too bad.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Hey Bob!
    That is exactly what I get everytime I go over to in-laws.

My friends' children don't have to be occupied or taken anywhere, they are happy just to be outside.

Well they have to, they are in the middle of nowhere with no choice, and their parents are farmers and they are working.
    Then when one of them dies (tractor accident or falling in a slurry tank or, more likely, suicide) then it is the worst tragedy ever.

Blah, not my problem this time as DH is coming too, and they will be all sweetness and light and I will have done my duty. Bite my tongue and smile.

I think I have found a 'small animal hotel' for Laurence and Hugo the unfriendly hamsters for over Easter.

And I found a YS large avocado for 50p. Yay! It's a love affair between me and my green wrinkly friend.
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • Bobarella
    Options
    The rural idyll eh....I always think that when another contact moves out of London ' because it's too dangerous raising teens there' really? At least there are organised activities here.

Ok I will hear a million hipsters cry out in pain when I say this but, I don't like Avos. Smashed or chilli encrusted or otherwise. One less to be in competition with ;)

• f0xh0les
    Options
    Well ,I told SiL we were going over at Easter and she immediately decided she will come too. Can't have hated the kids too much then.

And in really important business - daily interest is now £5.99 one day and £6.00 the next. So I guess it is £5.99 and a half pence. Yay!

Next goal is to get to £110k
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    The rural idyll eh....I always think that when another contact moves out of London ' because it's too dangerous raising teens there' really? At least there are organised activities here.

Ok I will hear a million hipsters cry out in pain when I say this but, I don't like Avos. Smashed or chilli encrusted or otherwise. One less to be in competition with ;)

Totally agree about there being loads of things for teens in London, and the museums/galleries/theatres/festivals/street theatre etc are brilliant ~and a lot of them free. But then I was a London kid, and I did not take advantage of it as much as I should have, but then I didn't have that kind of upbringing iyswim. Now, however, I would totally take advantage of it all. I love living in cities. Sheffield is still my favourite so far. DH grew up in rural isolation and has vowed to never again do so. I am ok with this.

So sorry you don't share my love of the alligator pear, Nevermind! more for me. I'm over it.:rotfl:

Hipsters give avocados a bad name (not the new song by Bon Jovi but probably should be)

Tonight has been full of tantrums by the youngest two. The disruption and excitement and then s-i-l going back home has hit hard tonight. Hopefully a good night of sleep will sort them out.

For no clearly apparent reason outside of a 9 yr old boy's head, he has ripped a chunk out of his wallpaper. Thanks for that. Maybe he thinks I have nothing better to do than redecorate his bedroom for him every 9 months. Well I do. So frustrating.

The jobs on the board this week are.....

Painting all the 8 doors white and putting the door furniture (stupid phrase) back on.
    Putting up six shelves in the alcove of the second living room to get a large number of the books, cds, video games and files of paperwork out of the way and off the floor and out of boxes. It also means we will be able to get rid of three freestanding bookcases that don't fit anywhere else. They are currently standing like sentinels in a row in the hall, waiting to be marched out of the front door.

Then I will be able to see what else is there that needs to be sorted. I fear there is a stash of fabric that needs to be used or rehomed.

Order will be restored before the weekend.

I have told DH we need to talk about his carp. The quantity is excessive and it is starting to hack me off.

Still need to get quotes for double glazing. And the bathroom. :(
    Someone needs to shout 'Just get on with it' at me.

We should be back from Ireland on Easter Tuesday (the one after Easter Monday) and DH goes off with this friends camping on the following Friday morning - Sunday night. I am planning on stripping/painting/wallpapering my bedroom in those three days.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    There must be something about boys and wallpaper, I distinctly remember my DN a number of years ago (so would have been roughly the same age as your darling DS) doing exactly the same thing on a family holiday...in a holiday rental cottage :eek: Thank heavens for pritt stick.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• f0xh0les
    Options
    He has no justification for it, he just said he did it because he could. Luckily, I have the spare bits and as it is in comic book format, I should be able to replace the A5 size piece and it will not show. But it will make him think he can break anything and I can magic it back again.

Spent a very very boring 4 hours painting doors today. One coat does not do what it says on the tin. It lies!! Won't take much of a second coat to make it look good, but why lie?? Like I won't notice??
    Same again on the cards for tomorrow, then there will only be two doors left, but they are in the room where I am about to put up shelves, and the brick dust is terrible. So will put up the shelves, clean up, damp dust, hoover, fill the shelves, damp dust, hoover, leave it overnight, hoover, damp dust and then paint the last doors. Otherwise I will end up with doors with dust pebble dashing.

On the Yay! Go me!! front, DH went to close the blinds in DS2s room and could not believe how much bigger it looks because of the shelves = tidy bedroom. He was properly impressed. So Yay! Go me!! He did then state it was a much better job than he would have done. I may have just been passed control of the drill. Boo!

Ordered DS3 (wallpaper ripper) another blind (£6.99) as he has broken that as well. He is on the last Harry Potter. I don't know what he is going to be reading after this. He has read the whole series since getting them for Christmas (charity shop find) and is loving them. Actually all the boys are reading a lot at the minute. I think having their books on the shelves is reminding them to read. How odd. Nevermind, the end result is pleasing.

Right I need to have a cuppa.

Night all (hugs to any that need them)
  • Bobarella
    Options
    You give Avacados a bad name!?! :T:rotfl:

• bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Coming out of hiding. Having enjoyed reading about your life with 4DSs.
    Have you or your DSs come across the Alex Rider series of books (10 stories so far) written by Anthony Horowitz - the first was made into a film. My DD2 really enjoyed reading these and is looking forward to the new book which is due out later this year.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure