Anyone used Travel FX Recently

Options

Comments

• sueb2514
    Options
    Received my currency this morning, exactly as promised, in different denominations as requested, Great rates, easy to order, all round excellent service. Will use again and recommend.
  • Bonetoast
    Options
    Hi I have used travel fx 3times last year and had no trouble at any stage of the transactions,the money was delivered promptly and with no problems. They offered the best rates on euroes at the time, I am going to use them again in a few days time, at the moment Tuesday 26/04/16 the rate is 25.90 pr £ for euroes. I would not hesitate to recommend them the very fact that you do a bank transfer makes for a very safe transaction. Hope this is of help to you.:):)
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Cool. Do they do GBP too? I'm running a bit low on cash, it seems such a good idea to get cash sent in the post rather than using an ATM. Obviously well worth paying a small fee for. What's the rate for GBP?
  • Rosscoe_2
    Options
    I've just used Travel FX to order my Indonesian currency. I placed the order on Thursday and they tried to deliver the money on Saturday, so very quick turnaround and one of the best prices on the market too.

Just don't make the mistake that I did and put a delivery address to work, as Royal Mail will try to deliver on a Saturday but as nobody was around to sign for it, they came back the next working day.
  • Fuzzy39
    Fuzzy39 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    I've used them in Europe and the US and never had a problem. Their rates are quite competitive too.
  • natbags
    natbags Posts: 285 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I use best foreign exchange - they are superb. Very reliable, great rates and excellent customer service
  • PeterMid
    Options
    I have used TravelFX this year for the second year running. On both occasions I have bought Euros and they have delivered them when promised. This year I ordered them on the Monday before the EU referendum to be delivered afterwards. The rate was not changed because of the fall in the pound and, checking their rates today, I have saved £50.
    I would definitely recommend them to anyone.
  • INSPIRED
    INSPIRED Posts: 196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have no idea why there are negative comments about Travel FX. We have used it twice and the service has been excellent. Ordered a large sum of Euros last week, email responses arrived promptly and delivery was as stated.

No, I do not work for the company or know anyone who does!

Highly recommended.
  • one_in_a_million
    Options
    Hi Denise
    I have used Travel fx in the past and had good rates, good service without any problems, but this was a few years ago when you could pay by debit card. I took a look at their site today as I want to buy travel currency and the payment methods are via bank transfers. Reading further, you pay a named person via that transfer, not the company. I didn't like the lack of an option to cancel my order either. They seem to have put financial penalties on cancellation without the usual grace period that many other similar companies honour. Their operation seemed a bit "iffy." Needless to say, I will not be entertaining Travel fx however good their rates are.
  • mihai1970
    Options
    Worst experience i ever had!
    I place the order on tuesday 18/04/17, for the currency to be deliver on thursday 20/04/2017. Next day i received an email from them saying that they need a copy of my passport and driving licence, in order to complete security checks. As i`m not driving, i called them and i asked what else i can send instead of driving licence copy. They told me to send a bill "council tax would be brilliant" they said. I mentioned that i need the money next day as i stated when i placed the order. "No problem" they replied, " its just to complete our security procedure" . I asked them to let me know by the end of the day if they can fulfill the, a order or not as i have the flight ticket already booked, to attend my brother funeral in Romania, for the next day (thursday), "ok sir, no problem"... Of course, nobody did it. At 1600 i made several atempts to contact the by phone but no succes. Thursday at 0930 i called them again and i been told that the council tax bill is not accepted as a proof of adress!!!??? "But you told me to send it" i replayed "yes but we can`t accept it" because it hasn`t got some number on it" . Ok , i said, can i cancel the order then? Yes but we have to charge you. What for? i complied with all your requests. No sir you didn`t. Ok what other options i have? You cand send a utility bill, gas or electricity. Ok i will, but can you tell me when i will receive the money? After the security checks are completed. But i have to fly tonight. I`m sorry sir but this is the procedure. I send the bill togheter with all my other id`s i have and again no answer from them. I called again before 1600 to ask whats going on. Same answer " you have to wait". But i have to fly tonight. Its our security procedure sir. Ok cancel the order then. We can but we have to charge you!!!????
    I went to my bank and asked them what they can do in order to recover my money. They told that they can do a credit recovery procedure but it can take up to 20 days and its not guarantee to be succcesfull, as i did a bank transfer, and its not a purchase.
    Of course i missed the flight because i get in panic, i was afraid that its a scam, and next day (friday) i went staitgh to the Trading Standards Agency. In front of the agent i called them again, and they told me that they will send the money on that day. I asked if i will receive the money on saturday. We don`t know sir, but if you whant to be sure you have to pay 30£. But i place the order on tuesday, to be received on thursday, its not my fault. I lost 474£ for the flight tickets, you can`t afford to pay for the special delivery??? No sir.... I had to pay the money and finaly today 22/04/17 i received the currency....
    This is my experience with this company wich promise to provide a fast, efficient and hassle free online process with no commissions, great rates and next-day delivery*.
    I know you will remove my post but i hope at least few people will see it. I can post all the emails i exchanged to you, for other people to see how you deal with your costumers.
    Reviews on Trust Pilot will follow..
    I left this review on their facebook page but has been removed by administrator and they block my acces so i cannot post anymore!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure