Beauty Boxes (Monthly Subscription) Codes and Chat Thread 2

Options

Comments

• faerielight
    faerielight Posts: 1,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    what did you get on your love me beauty? I had to cancel that deal as for some reason, I was unable to check out with the reduced postage. I'm feeling the barrenness of not having any subscription boxes and waiting for another half price BB deal!
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE :)
  • sn1987a
    sn1987a Posts: 453 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In the Love me beauty I received the following extras:
    4 weleda calendula baby oil sachets
    sport daily tan
    L'oreal silver nail polish
    max factor black pencil

This is what I chose, all full size:
    anatomicals joint and muscle rub
    bourjois eye pearls
    ecotools brush
    revitale nose strips
    anatomicals body cleanser

Have you tried pink parcel? the first box is 5.95, if you like the contents you can get this one at some point.
  • faerielight
    Options
    that was nice of them to give you extras!
  • Pleut
    Pleut Posts: 535 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    sn1987a wrote: »
    My love me beauty box arrived today and I was surprised because they included some extras! They had a promo for a few days, use a code and get 3 extra items. But I couldn't use the code as I had already used the livingsocial one. It seems they send them to me anyway! I can't complain!!

Today again there is nothing new in their website, on the opposite, there are less items, I guess they sold a lot of boxes with this offer. They need to restock!

I received also my pink parcel!! I like this month as well! I got a max factor mascara among others!! :)

It looks to be the same stuff every time I look. Slightly annoyed I didn't properly research it before joining as it seems quite naff tbh.
    New to this money saving lark. Any tips greatly received.

No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2018 - Not going well!!
  • Flygal
    Flygal Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    Pleut wrote: »
    It looks to be the same stuff every time I look. Slightly annoyed I didn't properly research it before joining as it seems quite naff tbh.

I agree with you. Am really disappointed at the choice of products and the website was rubbish too. It kept asking me to do my profile over and over again and wouldn't click further forward. Just kept saying if you're ready click to meet Valerie your beauty consultant but then would revert back to asking me all the questions again!
  • wdah
    wdah Posts: 884 Forumite
    Options
    Flygal wrote: »
    I agree with you. Am really disappointed at the choice of products and the website was rubbish too. It kept asking me to do my profile over and over again and wouldn't click further forward. Just kept saying if you're ready click to meet Valerie your beauty consultant but then would revert back to asking me all the questions again!

Me too, it's really shoddy. I find if you click 'How it works' at the bottom you can bypass it.
  • Pleut
    First Post
    Options
    Flygal wrote: »

Me too!
    And every time I don't 'check out' I get an email from someone asking me why! Tempted to reply saying that there's nothing I want! :P

• faerielight
    Options
    I hated the website too! it was so frustrating redoing my profile and because I was unable to check out with my items, my basket got cleared every 30 minutes. And to top it off, there was no customer service telephone number, so I had to wait days for an email reply. I got a refund from the living social deal and I'm really glad I did as there was nothing I wanted anyway! For a cheaper version of that, the You Beauty Discovery box is so much better!
  • wdah
    wdah Posts: 884 Forumite
    Options
    Got a bit fed up of continually going back to the site, so I've put my first order in. I need a new mascara so hopefully there'll be at least one item I can make use of.
  • Pleut
    First Post
    Options
    Apparently I should be getting two lots of boxes this month because I accidentally did one before the credits reset.
    Ah well, just added three OPI's for this month so at least it's kind of worth it now

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure