Paying the car tax via EBay, and other shenanigans.

Options

Comments

• roxy7699
    roxy7699 Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh but you juggle so well, the important thing is that you are looking at all the possible solutions and options.

You can do it.
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    roxy7699 wrote: »
    Oh but you juggle so well, the important thing is that you are looking at all the possible solutions and options.

You can do it.

Thanks Roxy. Hope things going well with you?

I know that at least trying to find a solution is a good thing, and I know that in the past I'd have just buried my head in the sand. It's just taking so long!!!

Still. Pay day today. Signature updated. Boiler debt is toast! I've made a payment to family debt (not the usual amount as there is just a logistical part where the rest of my monthly payment will go in cash to someone else and count towards it, but I haven't made that payment yet. It will be paid soon though). What else? OH has been paid everything I still owed for holiday; and my own credit card got paid off today as well. I have a few measly pounds in my savings account that I will count towards the January bill. I need to keep the focus on not paying for lunch. Haven't bought any this week and hoping to continue; though I have been buying coffees and am really struggling to stop this one.

So now the family debt will just tick down each month until I find any more spare money to put towards it. The rest has to be towards the January bill and the credit card. That's going to take a lot of work. I'm really going to try to get the fleabay started again but it's depressing when you spend ages photographing and listing for things not to sell or to go for peanuts. TCB and any survey income will also have to go this way I think. Maybe I should just apportion everything between the two. Currently it's about 85% credit card, 15% saving.

What else? Oh yes, I've voted. Rather an important one. ;)
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • roxy7699
    roxy7699 Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hiya,

Well done on the boiler - one down!
    I like how you have added % to your balances, I'd like to do the same to mine unfortunately they would be negative. :-/

I don't drink coffee but is there a posher version of the instant stuff that you could buy to trick yourself?
  • mfmaybe
    edited 20 September 2014 at 7:32PM
    Options
    roxy7699 wrote: »
    Hiya,

Well done on the boiler - one down!
    I like how you have added % to your balances, I'd like to do the same to mine unfortunately they would be negative. :-/

I don't drink coffee but is there a posher version of the instant stuff that you could buy to trick yourself?

You'll notice I've not added a % to my credit card ;) I will soon. I wonder if it's time to start some "Tilly Tidies" against that.

The coffee shops at my work are subsidised, £1.75 for a latte and you get every 10th one free, so it's not too horrendous. But I really like the drink rather than the caffeine so I'm not sure the instant stuff would work, albeit we have some of it at home. I make them at home as well and for a while used the home-made ones as my treat. I think I need to cut down on at least one of the days I'm in the office to a "No coffee" day. I make tea for free using hot water from the machine so need to switch back to doing that again.

Very unmotivated today, must pull my finger out and get on with things. Lots I could be doing, so a list:

[STRIKE]Bedding changed and put on to wash[/STRIKE]
    pressure wash some fencing or the slabs
    [STRIKE]cut a bit more of the hedge ( I know what this means)[/STRIKE]
    Use my new chemicals (not as dodgy as it sounds - cleaning related!!)
    [STRIKE]Paint a door
    Food shopping [/STRIKE]

Move log sections to use as planters
    [STRIKE]Hoover house[/STRIKE]

Right that's a bit for the weekend. I'm off to [STRIKE]look at pinterest[/STRIKE] do that stuff.

• mfmaybe
    Options
    TT for £3.36 into January bill account (as haven't set T*sco up for it yet). Have decided that I will round down to nearest £5.

• mfmaybe
    edited 25 September 2014 at 12:34PM
    Options
    Right, list will be amended. It's a glorious day and I can't be bothered with waterproofs, plus need to put washing on the line. So no pressure washing. Instead will do

[STRIKE]Bit more hedge cutting[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Shred prunings[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Wash and Hoover car[/STRIKE]
    Clean carpet stain
    Pick up various things lying around garden
    [STRIKE]Move log sections[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Move firewood from pony paddock[/STRIKE] PARTLY DONE

Have already ridden my horse and it was beautiful. Feeling very lucky today :beer:

• mfmaybe
    Options
    So got quite a bit done on the Sunday. Have updated my list. The firewood pile was bigger than we thought (this was just the small pile of offcuts, but alone there was probably 2 weeks worth of fuel!). So we made good inroads to it but still a fair bit more to do.

Have also now arranged to get the lorry tested next week, fingers crossed for a nice small bill _pale_

No more payments made, can't do an TT's as no other movement on bank account! Do have a fair few things to get listed on fleabay though and really must crack on with that so I can see progress on the targets in my sig.

Have still been buying coffees (bad) but only had to pay for lunch once in a fortnight (good). Been so busy at work that I hardly have time to think beyond it, but that at least means no other spending of money. This month still going to be tight but barely spent anything in my first week since payday. :T

Righto it's lunchtime so off to eat something. I'm at home today so it's free, hurray!

• mfmaybe
    Options
    Spoke a bit too soon, as remembered today was the day I had to pay lorry insurance and recovery. Put it on the "pay off monthly" card, another of those that I would ideally put money aside for. Should be ok for paying it next month but it's another £350. About to add it to my view of next month to see where that lands me.

• mfmaybe
    Options
    Haven't even had a chance to update that spreadsheet. Work has been so busy and I'm a bit exhausted :wall:

Made a couple of payments (family debt updated in sig) and now need to do a TT. Wanted to do this to credit card but just before I did I realised that it would probably count towards my minimum payment so would not end up being an overpayment at all. I'm still swithering about how best to approach this. The card is on 0% so really the money should go into savings for now; but the balance is big and I'm worried I won't be disciplined enough going that route. But no point doing TT's if my direct debt gets reduced. I've read the way round this somewhere but can't recall where. I think it's making the DD a fixed amount.

Too tired to think properly let alone type so sorry if that makes no sense!

• cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Can you TT it towards the Big Bill instead?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback