No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries April 2015

Options

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I typed a post and lost it - so annoying.

Willowbee - hope you love your dress.

sam.4000 - does parsnip wine taste of parsnips? I love wine but hate parsnips.:rotfl:
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • FizzWhizz
    FizzWhizz Posts: 939 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hola Beauty Queens :wave:

Thankyou for the warm welcome back :) I have a few UUs for you.

L'Oreal Skin Perfecting Cleansing Oil; WBA, in fact I already have :o
    Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Facial Wash; WBA, and again I already have. I use this a couple of times a week after the cleansing oil, it contains salicylic acid which I think has helped to keep my blocked pores somewhat at bay
    Rituals Infinity Hand Lotion; WMBA, this is really lovely stuff, nourishing without being greasy but it's something like £8 for a 75ml tube. I got mine at TK Maxx for about £3 and if I could find it again at a similar price I'd definitely go for it
    TBS Absinthe Hand Cream; WBA, I got this as a freebie with an order of home fragrance oils, I wasn't too keen on the smell to begin with but I grew to like it and the formulation was lovely too.
    Agave Healing Oil sample; WNB, came from a Birchbox, I think the name is somewhat misleading as it's chock full of silicones, made my hair more frizzy if anything

I have a few days off work :T so I'm going to empty out my hair drawer and my bathroom cupboards and see if there's anything which needs to go. I'm in the mood to *fling!* I'll also try and put a PP list together.

Oh, and one last thing, which can only be classed as enabling so I'm going to white it out…

Sephora US is now shipping to the UK. I think it's a flat rate of £6 shipping for orders over £75, they also promise no extra charges at customs etc

Rightiho, move along now, nothing to see here :D
  • city_girl_258
    Options
    Welcome to April everyone!

Nice weather we're having eh? ;)

One UU which was actually from yesterday but i'll include on here:

Molton Brown orange and bergamot body lotion - WNBA - nice but nothing spectacular.
    The only scent of theirs that I think is amazing is the pink pepperpod, all the others are nice but nothing special.

2 GA to Mum:
    Dior eyeshadow palette - all quite pastel colours which I know i will never use.
    Lancome 9 colour palette - again colours i will never use. I barely use eyeshadow as it is, only generally use it for smoky eyes which neither of these palettes cater for.

On my PP List for April:

Body Shop coconut shimmer body butter - in the past i've used this as a foot cream as it's too shimmery for my legs so i'm going to start this up again. No one outside the house sees my VERY shimmery feet in the winter :D
    Hotel Chocolat body lotion
    National Trust body lotion
    This Works Sleep solutions roll-on
    Molton Brown orange & bergamot shower gel

I'm also going to start trying to remember to put perfume on every day! I know this sounds strange but I do forget rather often and it's not a habit so this is my mission for April.
  • FizzWhizz
    FizzWhizz Posts: 939 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I'm another one who frequently forgets to wear perfume -- such a shame as I have some lovely, lovely smellies!

Emptying my hair drawer didn't take half as long as I thought it would. I have chucked a few styling products which I have had for eons and realistically won't use again. I've also amassed a small pile of "use it or lose it" styling stuff which I need to give a fair try and decide whether they're worth hanging on to or should be *flung!*

I had a root through another drawer and rediscovered a huge pile of tealights, smelly candles, six (yes SIX) reed diffusers, and thirty three bottles of oil for my two aroma diffusers :eek: I think it's time to admit I have a home fragrance products problem :o

The bathroom cupboards are in disarray (I blame DH ;)) but there's not much in there which I can chuck. I did fling a S&G exfoliating mask which has separated and a conditioner which made my hair smell like pesto _pale_

Behold! I'm targeting my face…

April PP List

Superdrug Naturally Radiant Day Cream
    Lacura Restorative Eye Cream
    Balance Me Cleanse and Smooth Face Balm
    Garnier Moisture Match Ultra-Hydrating Rich Cream
    Meaningful Beauty Wrinkle Smoothing Capsules
    Estee Lauder Perfectionist Serum
    Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation
    TBS Vitamin E Moisture Mask sachet
    Vichy Idealia Serum sample sachet
    Vichy Idealia Eyes sample sachet
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 March at 4:03PM
    Options
    Welcome to April everyone!

Nice weather we're having eh? ;)

One UU which was actually from yesterday but i'll include on here:

Molton Brown orange and bergamot body lotion - WNBA - nice but nothing spectacular.
    The only scent of theirs that I think is amazing is the pink pepperpod, all the others are nice but nothing special.

I'm also going to start trying to remember to put perfume on every day! I know this sounds strange but I do forget rather often and it's not a habit so this is my mission for April.

Hi, thanks to Deleted_User for starting us off again.

Weather is atrocious. Am off work this week and have been stuck around the house cos it's so awful. Plus I need to seriously save some money.

Was MB Orange and Bergamot Naran-Ji in it's past life? If so, I don't like that one either. The only one I love is the Thyme and White Mulberry hand lotion. Have this on my desk at work now and my friend says it smells like tea.

I've got into the habit of wearing fragrance every day and taking it to work to top up.

OK my totals for March are fairly shocking. I succumbed to Boots, QVC and Liz Earle offers. Should feed my credit card through the shredder.

25INS which were solely for my use
    9 INS make up items which I don't count for this challenge but were still money spent!
    6 INS which are for family use/gifts for others.

UUs: 17.

Echoing my old school reports : "must try harder".

OK PP list for this month:-

Nina Ricci - Ricci Ricci shower gel (have established this cannot be multipurposed as body lotion).

Radox Shower Smoothie (another product bought by Emma and relegated to the bathroom cupboard in a half full state)

Boots Extracts Strawberry body butter.

Elemis Frangipani Monoi oil.

Vaseline cocoa body lotion

L'Occitane Whipped shea hand lotion.

Liz Earle Chamomile C&P

Clinique eye cream

Tresemme shampoo

Tresemme conditioner.

Trying to aim not to buy anything other than cotton wool!!!
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've sorted out my makeup basket for April today. I was changing my eyeshadows on a weekly basis but have decided to pick one palette or combination of shadows and use them for the whole month in a bid to get some finished. These are the products I will be using for April and I will only change things if something runs out or causes any problems:

Witch Primer
    Estee Lauder Double Wear Light
    Garnier 2 in 1 eye roll on - undereye concealer
    ELF Translucent Powder
    No7 Mineral Blush in Rose Pink mixed with Bare Minerals blush in Vivacious
    Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer
    Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes
    L'oreal Liquid Liner
    Urban Decay Zero Liner
    Benefit Roller Ball Mascara
    S&G Archery Brow Pencil
    Maybelline Brow Drama
    Bare Minerals Brightening Eye Primer

Wow that looks like a lot.

Lip products do change a bit but I am using a Nivea Lip Butter and for colour an Avon lipstick in Pout topped with Rimmel Stay Glossy lipgloss in Non Stop Glamour.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • chocolatelover93
    Options
    This thread really helped me last month so will be doing it again this month!!
    Didn't post a list of everything I had last month so will be posting one this month, hopefully tonight or tomorrow (when I get round to counting everything!!)
    x
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • ma-ri-ella
    ma-ri-ella Posts: 980 Forumite
    Options
    in for another month :P
    aims this month are to use up loads of things that are spluttering/nearly done and have no other ins apart from the lookfantastic beauty box :P
    £365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty?? who knows where I am
    20,000 step a day challenge
  • CookieMonsta
    CookieMonsta Posts: 296 Forumite
    Options
    3 OUTS - Sanctuary Damask Rose and Lily items which were bought for me as a gift. I hate the scent so I'm never going to use them. Donated to charity.
    Decluttering 2015: 2162/2015
  • Upsy_Staffordshire
    Options
    Oh dear I have 5 INs to start the month off! I won them though at least! 5 Colab dry shampoos. Not used dry shampoo before so I'm looking forward to trying them out.
    Thank you to everyone who posts on here :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure