Cheap London 1 or 2 nights

Options
I need to book a last minute trip for a meeting in London on Sat 25th. I would like to go down Friday so I am ready rather than travel down the same day. Ideally I would like to spend 2 nights and return Sunday but trains seem out of the question as they are so expensive. I could drive down but the last time I drove it was quite horrendous but I could go early hours. Even the M6 toll road didn't make much difference.

A cheap hotel offer for the two of us with a tube station nearby as contactless is pretty cheap to get around.

Any help or offers I would be grateful to know. Thank you.

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,826 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Where are you travelling from ?
    Will you need parking ?
  • hubb
    hubb Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    Where are you travelling from ?
    Will you need parking ?

Sorry, I forgot to say. Yes, I will need parking (avoiding congestion charge) and travelling from Cheshire.
  • hubb
    Options
    Anyone?........please
  • prenton01
    Options
    We have stayed at London Barking premier inn a few times.
    It's walking distance to tube station into London and has parking on site.

Just checked for you those dates cost is £154 for 2 nights
    Hi there! We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • hubb
    Options
    prenton01 wrote: »
    We have stayed at London Barking premier inn a few times.
    It's walking distance to tube station into London and has parking on site.

Just checked for you those dates cost is £154 for 2 nights

Ok, that seems expensive as I stayed in a Premiere last year in Harrow for £49 a night. Seems those prices are unavailable now.
  • tonyh66
    tonyh66 Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    your timeline for booking is to short, trains and hotels (premier inn) are best booked well in advance.
  • hubb
    Options
    Fair enough. Thanks.
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    edited 22 November 2017 at 6:52PM
    Options
    hubb wrote: »
    I need to book a last minute trip for a meeting in London on Sat 25th. I would like to go down Friday so I am ready rather than travel down the same day. Ideally I would like to spend 2 nights and return Sunday but trains seem out of the question as they are so expensive. I could drive down but the last time I drove it was quite horrendous but I could go early hours. Even the M6 toll road didn't make much difference.

A cheap hotel offer for the two of us with a tube station nearby as contactless is pretty cheap to get around.

Any help or offers I would be grateful to know. Thank you.

Is "the two of us" colleagues needing separate rooms, or partners who can share a room?
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Options
    I was going to check out some hotels on booking.com but as you haven't replied regarding your requirements I don't know what you want. Had a quick look anyway, and there's one twin ensuite room left in the Fox & Goose which appears to be near Ealing, and on my account is showing £162 for the two nights Friday and Saturday, but that might include my "frequent booker" discount.

Anyway if it's any good I would grab it while you can!
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,826 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    hubb wrote: »
    Ok, that seems expensive as I stayed in a Premiere last year in Harrow for £49 a night. Seems those prices are unavailable now.

Unfortunately Friday and Saturday nights are probably the most popular nights in London, and as tonyh66 says, you usually get the best prices in chains like Travelodge and Premier Inn by booking well in advance.

You could look further out - what about around Heathrow if you are coming in along the M4 ? Loads of hotels there, and there are train / tube links into central London.

Or Watford Junction if you are coming from the north - there is a Holiday Inn Express close to the train station, with fast frequent trains into Euston
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure