Have YOU managed to secure car finance?

Options
124»

Comments

• BossKy
    BossKy Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Had 2 defaults and behind on mortgage but was accepted with advantage finance. They were really nice to deal with. It was a £7000 mini. Monthly payments were £220 over 4 years so pretty high. Got rid after 2 years though.
    Previously with billing finance . stay away they were horrid! Rude and treat you like dirt and talk down to you.

Hey, you say 'got rid' after 2 years but how so? If it was a 4 year contract did you end up paying outstanding balance and settling early? Or did you default? or hand the vehicle back under early termination clause?

thanks!
  • BossKy
    BossKy Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Lau0707 wrote: »
    Hi,

I had a car 2 years ago on finance, second hand, 32% APR, high repayments :( last year, it blew up, and I was left with owing 4k, and 2.5k repairs on a car that wasn't worth it....

Last March, I walked into Suzuki, thinking they can't help me, I walked out with a 0% 4 year agreement, they bought my outstanding debt from first response which settled at 2.9k, added it on top of my finance, and I got a brand new Suzuki Swift, with Black Horse. £1700 deposit, at the time, my experian credit score was poor.

I don't know how it happened, but it did lol. I have been working on my credit score for 3 years now, and my defaults are due to drop off next year. Hope this helps.

wow, thats great
  • Sparklestar1127
    Options
    Barclays Partner Finance for an APR of 34.9%. Not responsible in my opinion and i'd never go there again. Only just got rid of them. Was my Husbands before we met and he had defaults at the time of application.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure