Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Yorks64
    • By Yorks64 10th May 17, 1:25 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Yorks64
    PPI Where To Start
    • 10th May 17, 1:25 PM
    PPI Where To Start 10th May 17 at 1:25 PM
    Hello Folks

Finally taking the plunge and looking to recover PPI, but how to go about it?

I've had various cards and loans from different companies and don't have much of the detail for older ones. I read the step by step guide and it seems the first thing is to call the company. But what am I asking for? Is it simply whether I've had PPI with them, or something more?

Thanks
Page 2
    • lovinituk
    • By lovinituk 11th May 17, 4:59 PM
    • 5,372 Posts
    • 6,028 Thanks
    lovinituk
    OP first needs to establish if there was any PPI...
    Originally posted by Moneyineptitude
    That's kind of the point I was working towards. If they can't remember if they even had PPI in the first place, how can they possibly remember that it was missold?!

Mr Lewis has a lot to answer for!
    • societys child
    • By societys child 12th May 17, 4:17 PM
    • 4,410 Posts
    • 4,645 Thanks
    societys child
    Can you remember how they were missold?
    Originally posted by lovinituk
    Don't cause confusion with minor details . .

• penycwm
    • By penycwm 23rd May 17, 4:51 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    penycwm
    I have recently made two claims for PPI one to Nat West who have responded and another to Blemain Finance who have not responded, how long do they have to respond? and what should I do if they don't respond?
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 23rd May 17, 5:59 PM
    • 88,783 Posts
    • 54,126 Thanks
    dunstonh
    I have recently made two claims for PPI one to Nat West who have responded and another to Blemain Finance who have not responded, how long do they have to respond? and what should I do if they don't respond?
    Originally posted by penycwm
    You should have a response within days.

Phone them up and check they received it. Or it may be that they are not liable and they have sent it to the broker involved.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

100Posts Today

2,209Users online

Martin's Twitter