Boiler Replacement Scheme Form (Northern Ireland)

Options
sykoactiv8d
sykoactiv8d Posts: 2 Newbie
I'm going to be applying for a grant to replace an old boiler.

Part of the form is about annual income.

Do I fill in what I have earned in the previous year?

Or do I fill in what I expect to earn this year?

The 2 amounts are vastly different, and depending on which is correct to declare, I may or may not be entitled to the full grant amount.

Comments

• matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 16 June 2017 at 6:11PM
    Options
    The only one they can check up on is last years although if you've changed jobs or been made jobless since then, then you might have to discuss it with them.

Conversley of course if you are going to be earning considerably more this year then is it ethical to take more than you might be entitled to.

You might think so, but others may not.

Dont forget that all gov't departments talk to each other and share information so it's best to be open & honest rather than get caught out and have to suffer any grief
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • sykoactiv8d
    Options
    Basically within the last 18 months I was suspended without pay for 12 months so had £0 income, then finally got terminated from contract and claimed Jobseekers Allowance for 22 or so weeks.

So for roughly 5 months I've been on benefits, 7 months before that £0; I'm starting a new job tomorrow but it's a 16 hour weekly contract at minimum wage.

So what do I declare, the benefits I claimed in the past year, or the 16 hour weekly job I expect to have for a year? I've also applied for other jobs at 35+ hours a week, and there's a 95% chance of at least another 8 hours overtime weekly, and it could be as much as 40 hours weekly.

But that's all IFs and BUTs so I don't know what to do because I don't know what the question is trying to find out, what I earned in the past year, or what I expect to earn in the coming year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure