What's the point??

Options

Comments

• RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,907 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I would never have thought of Peterborough being in "the middle of nowhere".

Many people do not regard Peterborough as part of Cambridgeshire and Cambridgeshire County Council does not include Peterborough. I cannot say for sure but I believe that most Peterborough residents do not think of themselves as part of Cambridgeshire.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    RG2015 wrote: »
    Many people do not regard Peterborough as part of Cambridgeshire and Cambridgeshire County Council does not include Peterborough.
    What will the new Mayor of Cambridgeshire make of that when he gets into office?
  • RG2015
    Options
    What will the new Mayor of Cambridgeshire make of that when he gets into office?

Ha! That's what a lot of Peterborough folk are saying!

At the risk of being pedantic, the election is actually for the "Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough"
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ha! At the risk of being pedantic, the election is actually for the "Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough"
    However while Peterborough, like many similar unitary authorities, may not be controlled by the county council it still lies within the county of Cambridgeshire. Similarly, for example, Milton Keynes lies within the county of Buckinghamshire even though MK has its own unitary authority.

If Peterborough wants to be totally outside of Cambridgeshire I suggest they approach neighbouring counties to see if they can join them. I doubt Ladbrokes would give them good odds of it actually happening.
  • RG2015
    Options
    Have a look at the Peterborough page on Wikipedia. The first paragraph states:-

"Peterborough ......Historically part of Northamptonshire..."

Most counties' boundaries are just random and have often changed over the years.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a look at the Peterborough page on Wikipedia. The first paragraph states:-

"Peterborough ......Historically part of Northamptonshire..."

Most counties' boundaries are just random and have often changed over the years.
    Much like the contents of Wikipedia then! ;)
  • silvermum
    silvermum Posts: 223 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to crash the thread, but re needing to have the FlexDirect open for 3 months before getting the Flexclusive - I am having the same issue! Where did you see this isn't true? Has it changed perhaps?
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You don't need to wait 3 months with the FlexDirect, you are confusing it with the FlexAccount

You need to be 18 or over and a main current account customer with us. This means you must either:
    • Hold a FlexOne account and be aged 18 or over, or hold a FlexAccount and:
      • have been paying in £750+ a month for the last 3 months (excluding transfers from any Nationwide account held by you or anyone else); or
      • completed an account switch to us (from a non-Nationwide account) using our Current Account Switch Team in the last 4 months; or
    • Hold a FlexStudent account and have paid in £1,500 in 2 or more transactions in the last 12 months.
    • Hold a FlexDirect or FlexPlus account.
  • RG2015
    edited 30 April 2017 at 5:59PM
    Options
    silvermum wrote: »
    Sorry to crash the thread, but re needing to have the FlexDirect open for 3 months before getting the Flexclusive - I am having the same issue! Where did you see this isn't true? Has it changed perhaps?

Hi silvermum,

I applied for a Nationwide Flexdirect current account on 19th Dec 2016 and received an email on the 20th Dec saying that I had been successful. However I had to wait until 28th Dec for the account details to arrive in the post so I could deposit £2,500. I opened the Flexclusive regular saver on 28th Dec and deposited £500.

I also deposited £500 on 3rd Jan 2017 by standing order with subsequent payments on 1st of every month. Therefore I will have accumulated £6,500 plus interest of £183 by the time the account closes on 27th Dec 2017.
  • silvermum
    silvermum Posts: 223 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ColdIron wrote: »
    You don't need to wait 3 months with the FlexDirect, you are confusing it with the FlexAccount

You need to be 18 or over and a main current account customer with us. This means you must either:
    • Hold a FlexOne account and be aged 18 or over, or hold a FlexAccount and:
      • have been paying in £750+ a month for the last 3 months (excluding transfers from any Nationwide account held by you or anyone else); or
      • completed an account switch to us (from a non-Nationwide account) using our Current Account Switch Team in the last 4 months; or
    • Hold a FlexStudent account and have paid in £1,500 in 2 or more transactions in the last 12 months.
    • Hold a FlexDirect or FlexPlus account.

Thanks, but I'm not confusing it, I had a message online saying that I needed to pay in £750 for 3 months to open one. Anyway, I've posted another thread about it and it appears that it's a known issue and I'll probably have to wait until after the Bank Holiday to sort it out.
    Those T&Cs are exactly why I was confused about why I'd been declined!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure