PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Threatening letter from Amazon seller, can you advise please?

Options

Comments

• helcat26
    helcat26 Posts: 1,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Be calm these are empty threats from a nasty person.
    A few points
    1. What they have done is against amazons conditions of use so they should be reported
    See section 8 communications
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201909000

2 How to report
    I suggest online chat
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_search_rd_gw?__mk_en_GB=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&help_keywords=contact&search=true&nodeId=508510&kwHidden=true&sprefix=&locale=en_GB
  • Aura
    Aura Posts: 260 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How do I get to the chat please?
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,808 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The blue text in the post before yours is a link
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Aura
    Options
    The seller has put their landline phone number on their feedback page, which is a stupid thing to do, because anyone can call that number now. What area is 01226 please?
    The blue text in the post before yours is a link

where is that please?
  • springdreams
    springdreams Posts: 3,623 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Car Insurance Carver! Home Insurance Hacker! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Aura wrote: »
    The seller has put their landline phone number on their feedback page, which is a stupid thing to do, because anyone can call that number now. What area is 01226 please?

where is that please?

Scroll up a few posts in this thread ....

And I don't think it was a good idea to change your feedback. It lets the seller think that they can get away with threatening people, because it has the exact effect that they were hoping for.
    squeaky wrote: »
    Smiles are as perfect a gift as hugs...
    ..one size fits all... and nobody minds if you give it back.
    ☆.。.:*・° Housework is so much easier without the clutter ☆.。.:*・°
    SPC No. 518
  • Aura
    Options
    Can't see where to get to live chat I might have to google it.

The feedback I left is gone anyway.
  • helcat26
    helcat26 Posts: 1,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Click on this
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_search_rd_gw?__mk_en_GB=ÅMÅŽ %C3%95%C3%91&help_keywords=contact&search=true&nod eId=508510&kwHidden=true&sprefix=&locale=en_GB

Click on contact us

then you should get chat.

You strike me as an agitated person, so maybe write out what you want to say in advance so you can cut and paste it in the chat window.

I bought ***
    On this date ***
    From this Seller****
    I did not receive it until ***
    I left this feedback****
    I go this threat ****
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    helcat26 wrote: »
    Click on this
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_search_rd_gw?__mk_en_GB=ÅMÅŽ %C3%95%C3%91&help_keywords=contact&search=true&nod eId=508510&kwHidden=true&sprefix=&locale=en_GB

Click on contact us

then you should get chat.

You strike me as an agitated person, so maybe write out what you want to say in advance so you can cut and paste it in the chat window.

I bought ***
    On this date ***
    From this Seller****
    I did not receive it until ***
    I left this feedback****
    I go this threat ****

That sounds like the best approach to take to me.

Amazon must know that firms get in touch with customers and try and change feedback. But it's more usual to use bribery than threats I would have thought.

I know one seller sold me a book (not one of the 1p plus postage ones either) that turned out to be worthless when it turned up. It was literally falling to bits - so I managed to read it and would then have had to throw it away (as it certainly wasnt keepable condition by any stretch of the imagination). It must have been described by them as being in at least "good" condition - as I don't order books that are worse condition than that. I put up bad feedback. The seller promptly contacted me and gave me my money back/told me not to bother sending the book back to them/gave me my choice of a free book from the others they were selling - provided I removed the bad feedback.

Just goes to show how sellers really do not want bad feedback. Understandable - as I've often decided not to buy something after all because of bad feedback about it. I was rather annoyed the couple of times I'd bought an item with pretty uniformly good feedback - only to discover there should have been some bad feedback too (as the item wasnt as good as the good feedback claimed it was).
  • Aura
    Options
    You strike me as an agitated person,

I have mental health issues, and I'm even more agitated after getting a bullying letter like this. Will try and get onto chat. many thanks and I will let you know how I get on :)
  • vodkawitch1
    vodkawitch1 Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Options
    Just let amazon know and forget about it. You will just create more anxiety for yourself. Not worth getting ill over.
    Make £2 a day challenge - doing well so far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure