NST March: Marching to a different beat

Options

Comments

• Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Another NSD yesterday - went over to a friend's to watch a film and brought a bottle of wine and baked flatbreads and made hummus out of some chickpeas we had in the cabinet instead of buying anything from a shop. Now need to replace bread flour but it's much cheaper than pre-made bread!

Sounds lovely never made flatbreads I want to try :)
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Calling14
    Options
    Morning freezing in this office today.:(

Hope everyone is still upbeat and survived the beast from the east.

Thinks looking up today. :D

Plumber may come and look at my oven tomorrow.:D

My electric shower which kept dripping after turned it off yesterday, then went to much heavier drips by the evening. However after a shower this am stopped dripping. Was trying to find an isolation valve last night to turn it off but it must be in loft, under my insulation which is double what was needed I put all the leftover roll down. Didn't fancy jumping up there off a ladder yesterday after a couple of glasses of wine. Hoping it stays off and I don't need a new shower.:cool:

Appointment made with Dr's for anaemia, have to cancel my hair appt though only time they could fit me in.

Bag (half full) and picture left out for charity collection today. Starting my de-cluttering month.:)

Took all my used batteries to Lidlee. :o

Yesterday ended up paying for lunch out:eek:. To be fair bf always pays and was throwing money at me but just felt bit better paying my way for a change. Plus saved money by not going to Manchester for my gig last week.:)

Abundant - Hope you find a better way to socialize. Had to laugh yesterday bf bit of a loner, extremely shy with new people, came up with that I am probably the only normal person he talks to:rotfl:I actually find that quite disturbing.:( There is a lot of lonely people about.

Budgets

SFD 3/18 including today.
    Food £20/£100
    Going out £33/£100
    Petrol 0/£40
    House repairs 0/£100 - newly added for cooker/ new taps?/ washing machine problems- under estimated I think but will try and make do with some until April.
    Hair/ make up £0/£50
    Bdays £0/£60
    Fitness - won the weekend fitbit challenge with my dd and her friends. Fit old bird:D

Onwards and upwards off to update my debt totals.:)
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • archwaysaver
    Options
    Calling14 wrote: »
    Sounds lovely never made flatbreads I want to try :)

It was really easy! I used a recipe but it's basically: packet of instant yeast, around 450g bread flour, teaspoon of sugar, teaspoon of salt, splash of olive oil, maybe a cup? of warm water. Mix, knead, cover and let rise for an hour, separate into 8 balls, roll out and fry on a very hot pan. The pan is the important part as it gives the bread nice bubbles. I'd never made them that way before and they were tasty!
    Bring lunch to work March: 5/13
    NSD March: 6/18

Goal by Sept 2019: £20,100
    So far: £3,749.89
    (tuition £1,920/4,100, cushion £456/1,000, dream £1,300.44/15,000)
  • Calling14
    Options
    Thanks archwaysaver tummy is rumbling away here. Will have to give it a go. Get ingredients on my next spendy day ;-)
  • lauradora
    lauradora Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Had my first NSD yesterday and hoping for another one today...just got to trust hubby whilst he is at work :o

Checked all spreadsheets this morning, all good.

First day of mat leave today, feet up and telly on :)
    On a mission
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Worked extra hours today - received a text at 7.20am to say someone was poorly and could I work extra . As I was there all day I had lunch provided :j - and will have more money in pay at end of month :j
    • · for the plodders: 15 NSDs 3/15 so far... Another one today
    • · Set your budgets before the challenge starts
      * Food - 67.27/420 -
      * Fuel (me) 0/65
      * School 0/25
      * Social 0/50
      * Clothes 0/75
      * Gifts 0/75 (includes Mothering Sunday and several bdays and maybe some prep for DS1's bday in April)
      * Toiletries 3.98/10
    • · Be generous !!! Do not forget to give to your choice of charity. - monthly DD. Will also donate to foodbank/ animal foodbank collection at supermarket
    • · [FONT=&quot]Pay towards your debt first! .[/FONT] 'General' CCs always paid off in full. Car and min pyments to 0% CCs paid by DD. Extra monies then go to OH's 0% CC - £65 extra so far

Today I am thankful for:
    * extra hours - although not for colleague being ill
    * lovely colleagues
    * OH doing school runs, enabling last minute extra hours
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Turtles

The snow has almost gone now but I still haven't gone out so NSD No 5 (this is unheard of)

I've spent the day planning a holiday next January/February and reserving hotels but haven't paid for anything yet. Really must get myself in gear to sort this house out!

Loads of curry left from last night so that's dinner for the three of us sorted.

The washing experiment certainly worked. Most things didn't really need ironed and it must have taken me all of 10 minutes to do which did.

Debtfree - I would have thought your landlord should replace the smoke alarm too.

Hope you're all nice and warm.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    NSD today 3/18
    Not feeling to great, so was off work today. Told the agency I would not be going in tomorrow either. Chesty and felt weak. Coughing throughout the day.
    Just took it very easy today. Took painkillers, steamed and put root ginger into hot water.
    The people doing my Mum's gravestone phoned today saying if I paid off the balance over the phone they can put the gravestone in tomorrow afternoon as they are going to be there tomorrow. Already received the paper copy of the invoice today as well. Am not counting that as a spend as I am using the money my Mum left me. I am sure that my Mum helped me out today with the phone call and not going out to post the cheque off. I know this may seem strange to people, but it means something to me.
    Grateful for:
    Rest I got today.
    Getting the gravestone sorting. Got it done before Mother's Day and St Patrick's Day.
    My friend's result from the hospital saying it is something else(which is treatable with antibiotics) and not the C word.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for dry weather, for speedy buses, for cheerful colleagues, for finding 6p roadkill, for a good book, for yummy food, for getting things done at work, for dd finishing 2 pieces of homework, for dd's love of reading, for plenty of walking.

Kerry woman - take care. Glad your friend can be treated with antibios.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    A NSD. A bit difficult as any 'wrong' movement has made me yelp and you don't know which movements are wrong until you do them. Read something in my current novel about stopping to look around before decidng where you are going. Think I need a bit of this (although part of me thinks if I slow down any more the snails will overtake me).

Just need to get back into a basic 'life is simple' mindset. Sleep, eat, breathe, walk. Get up, get washed (I have had a bath, early on and am wearing a clean nightdress - I may have clean clothes but they aren't dry), get dressed, make something to eat. The crisis (feeling overwhelmed) article I read recently started with getting dressed, working out what to eat today, putting on a load of washing (presumably so you have clean clothes/ deals with some of the mess/ making a start on the chores with little imput from self) then when you have tiime to sit down and plan for the week ahead.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.

For today I am grateful for hot baths, for painkillers, for having a plan (only half a plan but I have somewhere to start).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport