Anyone used the Shpock app?

Options

Comments

• DWP666
    DWP666 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I recently downloaded the app Shpock not really knowing much about it.

After reading and seeing how easy it was to sell stuff, I thought I'd give a go! why not. some people were selling some awful products on there admittedly. but I'm off go. take genuine pictures and descriptions and what not. week later I thought aah well its useless.

Kid you not, woke up the next morning and I had sold three items. real easy via paypal and exchanged via whatsapp as me as the seller and the customer wasn't really sure how it worked. so together we figured it out and now I feel safe and confident to sell my belongings on this app.

the plus side is shpock do NOT charge anything for selling on their page only Paypal take a percentage. I requested £33 from my customer for 2 Thrasher skate T shirts and Paypal gave me £31.70. (not a bad deal at all)

Happy Seller and Happy Customer!

I speak highly of Shpock and will continue to sell old items i do not wish to keep anymore.

Feel free to check what I'm selling and feed backs etc. :T:j
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DWP666 wrote: »
    I recently downloaded the app Shpock not really knowing much about it.

After reading and seeing how easy it was to sell stuff, I thought I'd give a go! why not. some people were selling some awful products on there admittedly. but I'm off go. take genuine pictures and descriptions and what not. week later I thought aah well its useless.

Kid you not, woke up the next morning and I had sold three items. real easy via paypal and exchanged via whatsapp as me as the seller and the customer wasn't really sure how it worked. so together we figured it out and now I feel safe and confident to sell my belongings on this app.

the plus side is shpock do NOT charge anything for selling on their page only Paypal take a percentage. I requested £33 from my customer for 2 Thrasher skate T shirts and Paypal gave me £31.70. (not a bad deal at all)

Happy Seller and Happy Customer!

I speak highly of Shpock and will continue to sell old items i do not wish to keep anymore.

Feel free to check what I'm selling and feed backs etc. :T:j

Just remember to use the correct postage when sending items, PayPal protection works for the buyer both on and off eBay.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Chyna-s
    Chyna-s Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I thought Shpock was for local people and items are collected? Do I have to state collection only? I do not want to package items up and post.
    Thank you all who post.
  • ballisticbrian
    Options
    Kid you not, woke up the next morning and I had sold three items. real easy via paypal

... and .... you were really "shpocked"? :D
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • soolin
    Options
    Chyna-s wrote: »
    I thought Shpock was for local people and items are collected? Do I have to state collection only? I do not want to package items up and post.

It is meant to be for collected items, however that doesn't stop people wanting things posted. Just politely say no and insist on the buyer collecting .

As for feedback- I listed 5 things about 2 weeks ago and sold 2, listed another 3 at the weekend just gone and have someone collecting as soon as I get back from holiday. So for me this has been quite successful based on a mere handful of listed items. I intend to list wuite a lot more on my return.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Chyna-s
    Chyna-s Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Soolin. Just had someone from London offer on my item and I live on the south Coast. I politely declined to post.
    Thank you all who post.
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I've posted a few things. DH is working through his late Dads 'widget' collection and he's posted most of those. He asks for Paypal friends and family.
    I'm having more success on Shpock than the local FB selling pages at the moment.
  • Moogles444
    Moogles444 Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have tried to sell on there but wasn't very successful. I think deepop is a little better for me but might just have been lucky.
  • EzeJ
    EzeJ Posts: 8 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    How do you send private messages on it.

You can only send private message when you send the seller a private offer. What i usually do is send an offer of £0 if I am only looking to send a private message. However most people might think you are messing about if they see £0 offer so it might be best to explain in the message that you have sent £0 offer because you were only looking to ask question. Then you can always send actual offer if you are interested.
    It however has an Ask Question button so if the question is general you can just use that instead.
  • soolin
    Options
    Shpock seems very active this weekend, I've had 2 sales and in fact I had two people after the same item at one point. I also sold something during the week that was posted.

Considering how little I have listed it is surprisingly profitable. One of the items I sold this morning had been on etsy for 8 months, and I sold it on Shpock within 2 hours of listing it and for more then the etsy price. Buyer also paid via bank transfer, her idea , not mine, and I'm posting on Tuesday.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback