The 'Happy Halloween' October NSD Challenge

Options

Comments

• Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I am afraid I am not one of the Magnificent Eight as today was not a NSD. Although I only spent money on parking and posting a parcel. My DS is home for the weekend and I suspect some food shopping for his store cupboard may be happening tomorrow. Sunday maybe? Monday definitely a NSD, slap my face and call me Doris if it isn't!
    One life - your life - live it!
  • BeTheChange
    Options
    You might want to change the year too as we're still only 2016.....? :o

Oh Lordy! One thing I am certain of is that my debt will not be at that level in 2017 :D

So NSD 5/18 in Oct 2016 Moths will definitely be my new pet as I am still holding on to the £20 in my purse that has now been there untouched since last Tuesday. That I am sure is a personal lifetime best :T
    Debt @ Sept '16 = £51804 Oct '16= £51,095 1.37% paid off
    Oct grocery challenge = £229.05/£250
    Oct AFD challenge = 20/31
    Oct NSD = 13/18
    Emergency Fund member #209 = 376/1000
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    Good morning all! :wave:

Yesterday was #6 for me.Today should be #7.

I still need to sit down and go through my budget as it's not all adding up i.e. my outgoings are higher than my [STRIKE]shortcomings[STRIKE][/STRIKE][/STRIKE],no,my incomings.....you know what I'm trying to say.
    Seriously though,I need to take stock and be sensible.I'm slowly reacquainting myself with the local moth mob.They're a friendly bunch fortunately.
    Juggling,now that's an interesting pastime that I need to master.
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    All your lovely numbers are jotted down and I will update later.

Have a good day people and non spendy if possible of course. :money:
  • BeTheChange
    Options
    NSD 6/18 - keeping nicely on track :)
    Debt @ Sept '16 = £51804 Oct '16= £51,095 1.37% paid off
    Oct grocery challenge = £229.05/£250
    Oct AFD challenge = 20/31
    Oct NSD = 13/18
    Emergency Fund member #209 = 376/1000
  • ab_saver
    ab_saver Posts: 334 Forumite
    First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Spend day today.

Parents sent me £20 with strict instructions to spend it on a steak dinner for myself... so I went and treated myself at Mr W (I did use a coupon I had though!) so I spent £6.20 of it on the steak and the remainder will go into general pot. Whilst I was there I did buy my top up shop and got a few reduced bargains. Now I've spent I'll go and buy I train ticket I need but have been saving until a spend day.
    House fund: ~£5000 / £10,000 :D_£1000 emergency fund #208 - £151.74/ 1000 _
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    ab_saver wrote: »
    Spend day today.

Parents sent me £20 with strict instructions to spend it on a steak dinner for myself... so I went and treated myself at Mr W (I did use a coupon I had though!) so I spent £6.20 of it on the steak and the remainder will go into general pot. Whilst I was there I did buy my top up shop and got a few reduced bargains. Now I've spent I'll go and buy I train ticket I need but have been saving until a spend day.

Personally I wouldn't count spending the £20 as a spend as it was a gift IYSWIM.
  • ab_saver
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't count spending the £20 as a spend as it was a gift IYSWIM.

I like the thought. :D I still have to buy the train ticket which is a spend and not what the gift was intended for...:(
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    ab_saver wrote: »
    I like the thought. :D I still have to buy the train ticket which is a spend and not what the gift was intended for...:(

Thank you.Many past nsders would agree TBH.

Mind you,once the money's in your hot little hands,it's yours to do as you like.To be fair you did have a steak.
  • ab_saver
    Options
    Well I'll call it a low spend day, as the total cost of the top up shop (incl steak) and train ticket aren't much more than £20.... :)

To be honest I'm quite pleased with my NSD progress so far and I got my 4 in a row, so I'm not getting too worked up about it. AND I get to have an unexpected treat tomorrow :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport