What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 2nd October?

Options

Comments

• mumofthetwins
    mumofthetwins Posts: 1,111 Forumite
    Options
    man that is the easiest dilemma EVER! Of course chilling out wins, hands down. It's what you desire so will bring you joy and energy. Who knows you may be so energised you get a few jobs done later on. Man if you are in an accident on Monday and are lying on your death bed (sorry for the phrase!) you are not going to be saying "thank goodness I did those chores yesterday"!

DNM .. yep you've convinced me .. I've really been wanting to watch American gods as I've heard good things about it but I never seem to have tome :T
    DFW
    January £0/£11,100

NSD
    January 1/31
  • dizzyblnd
    dizzyblnd Posts: 449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nsd #2 today.
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    mumofthetwins definitely what determined said :rotfl: no brainier given half a chance!

Today’s list:
    Checked banking, updated sheet
    Updated present list with some gifts I’ve bought, do a bit of research on a few more
    One week until payday, check next months budgets.
    Quick tidy round, didn’t manage hoover yesterday
    No washing today but will put a load on ready for overnight as tomorrow is meant to be dry
    More tidying of spare room
    7 items due to finish on fleabay tonight, will be watching in anticipation quite a few have a number of watchers, let’s hope they turn to bidders :rotfl:
    Walk or maybe out on my bike later if I get the chance.
    Freeze half the cake I made yesterday
    Butter wrapper in the fridge to use to grease cake tins

Enjoy your day everyone.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Awwww thank you DNMS. Would quote what you have said but I don't know how to do it:o!!!!!
    Thank you to all u lovely guys that took time to comment. Not playing on my mind now so much as I just think at least it didn't hit the mum and toddler.

Have been told I can get the car fixed for £100 but then I have to wait to get the £100 back. Said no thanks I would wait, especially with Christmas speeding up on us at a fast rate.

I have now got a cough and im chesty-this is my body's knee jerk response to extreme stress. Had to get up at 6am even though I really didnt want to but I was really really needing a cuppa-4 cuppas later and im much happier:D.

Sold a book on Amaz@n last night. I was gobsmacked, esp as I don't know how I ended up with the book in the first place:rotfl::rotfl: and it was missing a 'CD' part to it.
    Didn't sell for a lot but every little helps.
    Going to get ready to go out in a minute for cat litter. Need to update my spends book today.
    Treated myself to a YS Indian meal for 2 yesterday. That will do me a couple of meals. Really looking forward to it, hopefully it will clear the tubes and get rid of the chestyness as generally i feel good in myself.
    Miserable and drizzly outside so had to put the heating on this morning but I'm going to switch it off in the minute. I can't cope with it on all day.
    Did my cat food top up yesterday and also got one item for my Christmas stash-the half price chocolates down to £1.50(used my voucher aswell £3 off). I try and get one item a week to go in my Christmas cupboard- that usually lasts me well into January. I didn't realise but DD is home for a lot longer on January than expected. I'm still thinking 'school' not 'uni' so extra stocks are definately going to be needed:rotfl::D
    Have a great day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 7 October 2017 at 3:22PM
    Options
    Morning all

HK - sorry to hear about the car stress.
    Big hugs to everyone else

Ended up being a busy "weekend". I'm not sure why but it was one of those ones where you're just going around places all the time. Took a trip into nearby small city for yarn for the October instalment of sunshine and showers (got to the end of the row last night and realised I'd miscounted and had to frog the whole thing. *sigh*). Tried on a pair of incredibly joyful boots, but they didn't sit right, so money saved there.

Yesterday drove to popular Victorian seaside town to get OH's hair cut. It's an hour drive, but an interesting one, which we do every 6 weeks for OH.

All the meal planning/calorie counting is incredibly MSE. Can't even have a hot choc, let alone a meal out so only spends are a couple of black coffees! Expecting higher utility bills though from all the cooking and washing up hahaha.

today's mission:
    • Meals from plan
    • Log cals in free counter - done
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Tell time wasting FB buyer that I'm going to sell the item to someone else. 4 NO SHOWS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE
    • Run at lunchtime before the rain really sets in - no way. It's miserable out there!
    • Rare Sat night off for OH so do something fun together (OH wants to have a gaming night)
    • No drinkies (over 2 weeks now and still not feeling hard done by)
    • Hopefully OH will do some cleaning because the house is a pigsty
    • Look up how to fix the gmail push notifications on Android Nougat - done
    • Relist some ebay/FB items - done
    • download new freebie chores app as am not getting notifications from the current one. - done. Seems to work so far. Am putting the chores into it
    Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning guys :) ahhhhhhhhh breath, it's the weekend!

Have been to the lottie this morning :) picked raspberries - I have discovered these are my favourite thing to grow at the moment :) - more runner beans, 2 little courgettes (can't believe these are still fruiting!) and a whole load of chard to eat today :) Dug for about an hour, did a good bit of clearing. It's starting to not look like a weedy jungle

Have done a load of washing. Think I'll hang it out but little hope of it drying, although now I've said that the sun looks like it's trying to come out :D

Have been sat knitting while oh & madam play snap

Going to get ready and go for a walk along the sea front and stop at park about 1/2 way. Madam scooting :)

Might have a games evening/film with oh

vacuum d/s

think I'll bake a velvet cake later :D

ah just as I like it. Mostly relaxing things :)
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

Sounds like a lovely day DNMS!

I'm not long home - staying at a pal's house last night after my other pal's 40th. Was a lovely night, but gosh what a mix of drinks I had :o Such a headache now. :(

The house is a complete tip but I just don't have the energy for it... :o Might join you on the box set business mumofthetwins! :)

I need to sort banking/YNAB and see where I am - I took cash out last night but then ended up switching some bits as I had no change...

Hmmm, not much else tbh!!!
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

Sounds like a lovely day DNMS!

I'm not long home - staying at a pal's house last night after my other pal's 40th. Was a lovely night, but gosh what a mix of drinks I had :o Such a headache now. :(

The house is a complete tip but I just don't have the energy for it... :o Might join you on the box set business mumofthetwins! :)

I need to sort banking/YNAB and see where I am - I took cash out last night but then ended up switching some bits as I had no change...

Hmmm, not much else tbh!!!

Fizzigood make feel nice!

(for those of you unfamiliar with Black Books, that means I recommend Alka Seltzer!)
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    a whole load of chard to eat today

I'm sure that you're totally on it, but I like to shred the chard and freeze it. It's great for chucking into soup, omelettes and scrambled eggs and things then.
  • MagicBeans
    Options
    Afternoon all!

Gosh where did today go? Didn't wake up till 10.30 as I fell asleep on the sofa last night then didn't really get to bed "properly" until about 3.30am. Felt like the days was half gone before it started (....almost!!!!).

Have been having a day trying to clear the sky box as planned. Just finished the last 4 episodes of the strain that we've had for about 9 months, before finding out that they're not even planning on airing season 4 in the UK anytime soon. It's already on in the us. Hope someone picks it up spon. :mad:

Not sure what's up next. May watch the Movie Creed. :p

Still not made my spagbol. Still having it but will be a late one as just about to get soup for lunch due to getting up so late. :o
    I am going to bake the mince in the oven this time. Never done it before but per my research 180° for 60 minutes seems right? Any other tips for oven cooking steak mince aside from this?

Lunch will be the seasonal pumpkin soup from cov garden which was half price. Been waiting all year for it to come out. :j

Not really leaving the house today so I guess nothing else too mse on the horizon.

Wishing you all a lovely Saturday afternoon and evening. :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport