What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 2nd October?

Options

Comments

• Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had a real slob day yesterday which really did recharge my batteries and do me the world of good:)
    I had to go into town late afternoon and going up the pedestrian street that is opened up to cars later in the day, on my way back home I slowed my car down as there was a lady with a toddler who was having a tantrum. I waited but in the process of waiting a big blooming delivery lorry shoves a big metal storage container out of the lorry which bounced off my new car causing damage:mad::mad:. I parked up went to see one of the guys unloading who wasnt bothered:mad:, just exchanged details and then he says to me it happens all of the time:mad:. I pointed out a couple of times that it could have hit the mum and toddler but he didn't really say anything. Didnt get a sorry but i was quick to point out that where we were there would be CCTV everywhere in case of dispute. So a good day went south later on so hasnt been a good week all in all:(
    Have been to an event today-free lunch and cuppa:)
    No money spent today but will need to top up tomorrow.
    All banking and d.debits checked and up to date:T
    Hope everyone has had a good day x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Grrr that is really annoying HK! :mad:
    And as you say, it could have been dangerous :(
    Hope the insurance companies do what they are supposed to do!
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    That sucks, HappyKitties, be sure to get the CCTV quick before its wiped.

I was back to new job today which I'm still enjoying and finished just in time for the bakery reductions.

I wanted to cook a roast tonight but my feet ache too much, I might have to have a rethink.

I need to check on Amazon whether my stuff has arrived and is live yet, fingers crossed! Next batch isn't arriving until Monday, hopefully I won't make the same rookie error next time.

One of the adult fish has died and the tiny baby escaped the nursery pen and was happily swimming around with the big fish! I finally managed to catch the other tiny baby so they are both in there now fending for themselves!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Hi everyone - HK how infuriating! I'd be hopping mad! Hope it's sorted quickly

Been to work today, got through it. Not as bad as I had thought it would be but was on edge until after lunch when I went for a walk and discovered a lovely walk way with fields & with about 20 horses in one :)

* NSD :)
    * went for a walk at lunch good for my wellbeing & soul :)
    * made note of mileage and submitted expenses
    * got free biscuits as did a drop in thing today
    * knitting part 4! Argh I might just give up on trying to knit socks, but the determined streak I have is very stubborn!
    * oh having ys steak pie & chips for tea. I'm having chip butty with the last slice of ys bread :)
    * madam went to mil's after school - no wrap around here :) (no offense to anyone who does have wrap around!) £3 saved :rotfl:
    * going to watch the last episode of Dr Fisher in a bit
    * One of madam's xmas gifts arrived today - junior monopoly from fleabay :)
    * checked bank and paid cc in nick of time. Didn't do it until 4.50 (I like to live dangerously! :rotfl:) and today was the payment date. Received email to say it's been received. Phew!

That's all x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    Options
    Hi gang :wave:

HK - how annoying!! The issue will be that the guy doesn't care because it's his work's van etc and not his own :mad:
    DNMS - sounds like a lovely lunchtime walk for you!
    MagicBeans - gosh, I'm c rap at NSDs :rotfl:

Well, it's going to be a long, busy day today for me... :o Out this morning (long story), then back to work for the afternoon (full day's work in half the time and boss is off so please can I do his job too...!), quick change, catching a train @ 5.59, meeting friends at the other end @ 7.10, out for quick dinner, go to friend's 40th, back for last train @ 10.38 - I can't actually get home on this train so staying at a friend's house... Also need to go to post office to collect a parcel...

I've checked banking and sorted YNAB :cool:

Logged stuff for biz - two newbies last night :T

Right, must dash!!
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,136 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning Frugal Friends,
    I've woken up with a headache this morning but am hoping a combination of codiene, coffee & 'Kalms' will shift it. Not too busy a day planned today but am feeling motivated on the money saving:
    *Finish shopping list.
    *Take home made soup & roll out of the freezer for lunch.
    *Clean house using minimal products & washable cloths.
    *Am waiting in for a delivery so will not be tempted out to spend money (3 gifts, which I ordered last night using that unexpected £28 survey payment).
    *Continue with my list of outstanding Christmas/birthday gifts. Am adding prices this year, so if I find I have a little underspend on a budget, I can use it to pick up the gift nearest in price.
    *Check for surveys.
    *Bake pear & ginger muffins....some for freezer & some to take to Mum's tomorrow.
    *Weigh & bag up glass beads to list on ebay.....too nice to chuck. Might be useful to crafters. Photograph another ebay item too, ready for listing.
    *Finish 3rd pair of socks for my sales basket & cast on another pair.
    That will probably do, as I intend to have a bit of a pamper later, wash my hair, face pack, paint my toenails, all those things we need now & again to give ourselves a bit of an MOT. Think the £2.99 moisturiser I bought (to keep me going till I can justify the expense of my favourite one) is going to be false economy as I am having to use double the quantity. Still a saving though on a tight month.
    Wishing you all a peaceful & productive Friday.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    Options
    DNMS the damage to my car has really played on my mind. The hassles of phone calls are now beginning but I couldn't sleep last night for thinking about it.
    Today, banking all checked and d.debits up to date
    Cat cleaning all done.
    Got to go into town this morning to do some bits and post a parcel-postage already paid with RM survey stamps.
    House a state so hoping to get the kitchen sorted at least.
    Some paperwork to do
    Nearly forgot, have to go and do my cat food shop stock up-have a voucher towards this.
    Have a good day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello: Hope you get the car sorted soon HK and your headache goes foxgloves This recipe is lovely for pears :

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2852/apple-pear-and-walnut-crumble

My list for today:
    check banking, yesterday turned out to be a bit spendy, albeit from various 'pots' so no effect on overall budget but I need to get straight and put all the money where it should be
    WFH again, so should be able to squeeze in a few jobs
    Meals from stores
    Washing out, 2nd small load in
    2 dry loads from outdoors yesterday to go away
    Make a quiche (or at least the pastry case for it)
    Make a cake
    Knitting tonight, didn't manage any yesterday as forgot I was walking with a friend
    Some sort of free exercise
    Quick vacuum through
    DH has taken my car to work so no dent in our fuel budget :T
    Write up what I want to plant where now I have taken out some big weeds/unwanted plants. See what I can add to my christmas list and what I need to budget for

Think that's all for now:D
  • MagicBeans
    Options
    Hi all,

Just checking in.

HK: how awful, hope it gets sorted soon.

So today's list is pretty much the same as ever;
    ~ lunch taken into work from home,
    ~ dinner from stores,
    ~ log cals in free app,
    ~ walk to and from work,
    ~ stay in this evening, chill and watch Tele and Amazon Instant Video. At £5.99 a month I find it a very valuable tool for my sanity :D:rotfl: and it stops us going out all the time too.

Boiler man actually came last night so we now have a hopefully, correctly working boiler (it was leaking before), and a nice shiny new thermostat. :D:cool:
    As he was super early and we had the evening free we also decided to go out and do our weekly shop. For us this consisted of 5 different shops, as we shop around to ensure we are getting the best prices for things. And it took around three hours!!!! :eek: all done now though and just in budget.

:money:

As shopping is all done this means we don't have to move the car till next week that will save some fuel. We also filled the tank last night as petrol prices were just slashed by 2p. Every little helps and all that.

Plan for the weekend is to use some Tsco Finest Aberdeen Angus Steak Mince that I got YS for 40p a couple of months ago to make some spaghetti Bolognese with the copious amounts of wholewheat spaghetti that I also have lurking around. I plan to add some stuff to the sauce to jazz it up but I don't know what. Suggestions? The sauce is just a big jar of mushroom pasta sauce that i picked up as it's all I could afford and was good value. Will this do or do I really need a Bolognese sauce? To add to it I have some peppers, maybe a tomato, mushrooms, olives (not sure how well they would go...)....... hopefully it will turn out ok as I'm planning to make enough for 2 days. Gonna add some cheese on top which should improve the taste. :j;)

Other than that maybe a little walk to the nearest retail park as I really need a new work bag. Mine is literally falling apart. I have the big ones so they can work out quite pricey. Not even bothered about brands so it's shocking. :eek:

Also going to watch some of the stuff on the sky box as my programs start soon and I like to record them all at once and then binge watch them. :D

Hope you all have lovely weekends planned. :)
  • baggybreeches
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry been busy with work this week (which is great). I had to buy lunch twice this week but stuck to a £3 meal deal which I know I could have got cheaper elsewhere but I don't feel so bad (it's not like I spent £6 a day a McDs!) Slightly expensive week ahead as new kitchen is arriving and we have a pre-planned weekend visit to Somerset this weekend. I suppose it will be good to blow away the cobwebs before the winter blues set in.
    Still got lots of things advertised on selling sites and stuff is selling on a near daily basis. I've also heard from a couple of lenders regarding refunds of charges so that is always good news :-D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure