IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Tower Road Car Park, Newquay, Parking Eye Charge Notice

Options
Wolves19797
Wolves19797 Posts: 9 Forumite
edited 7 October 2016 at 10:25AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hello,

New to this and desperately hoping that someone can help or offer advice in my circumstances.
I must say I was annoyed enough at being issued a notice despite having paid and displayed as per rules, but to see the level of complaints of people in similar circumstances beggars belief and I have to ask who is governing this process? They may as well have nicked my purse!
I parked in the car park in July but have only just received a notice as I'd moved house and they have found me through credit reference agencies (still waiting for new log book) . Though I must say, the notice still went to an old address and was redirected here.. does this count in terms of how long they have to serve notice?
I have appealed via the online form, explaining what happened. I am the registered keeper but was not the driver on that day. By my explanation I have confirmed that I was there, does that matter? Needless to say I don't still have the ticket.....why would I!
When we arrived at the car park I attempted to pay by phone as the options suggests. After getting half way through, the call cut off. In the meantime my husband had found the correct change so we p&d. I absolutely did leave the car park within the 'paid time' and actually my daughter was in another car, paid the same amount, arrived and left at the same time, yet has not received a notice....probably because its not eligible to be served and neither should mine have been. I wondered whether the incomplete phone purchase has prompted my notice? Even though I bought a ticket afterwards from the machine, but I have no proof. But by the same token they have no proof that I didn't, does that stand?
any advice gratefully received and good luck to all others in similar predicaments.
:mad:

Comments

• surveyor_101
    Options
    This carpark is known we get at least 1 a week for towergate.

Parking Eye use anpr and produce tickets often when people have paid, they don't as far as I know have any staff at this carpark and rely on anpr.

see the newbies thread, you need to write to them but don't pay it.

Sample letters can be found, also worth contacting the landowner, was it the golf club you visited?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I have to ask who is governing this process?
    No-one. The BPA and are not a regulator but a network of PPCs.

Here is who to complain to (NOT just Newquay Council and the golf club who own it):

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5524754

does that stand?
    No, you need more than that. Have you given away who was driving?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Wolves19797
    Options
    yes it was the golf club. Waiting to hear back from them.
  • Wolves19797
    Options
    No I haven't given away who was driving. It actually was not me anyway. But I have confirmed that I was in the car.
    Someone at the golf club has suggested that the reg number may have been entered into the P&D machine incorrectly. I cannot confirm or deny that and given the time elapsed have no proof. I can understand ANPR being used in a 'free for 2 hours' car park. But not in a car park where you can pay and display (as we did) for many hours far exceeding the time we were there. I'm at a loss as to how I can prove anything further now. I know for certain we didn't out stay my ticket as we had to leave for work commitments.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    yes it was the golf club. Waiting to hear back from them.

No point waiting - they WILL fob you off, it's just an exercise to add to the pile.
  • Wolves19797
    Options
    I have spoken to Parking Eye on the telephone as the address they hold is wrong and I did not want to delay receipt of the decision.
    I have been advised that the reason for notice is because I paid for 3 hours but was in the car park for 3 hours and 19 minutes. I confirmed that that time was spent driving around for a space and being stuck on the phone to the pay by phone company.
    they said you have 10 minutes to find a space...not sure I remember that being advised on the notice board??? I asked what about the phone payment delay, they said that is a different company.
    my suggestion to them..as you are advertising the use of their service you must have agreements in how you mitigate against problems?
    so the long and short of it I am being sent notice because
    :- 1) it took a while to find a space
    2) the advertised pay by phone service was unreliable!!!

:mad:
  • Wolves19797
    Options
    I have spoken to Parking Eye on the telephone as the address they hold is wrong and I did not want to delay receipt of the decision.
    I have been advised that the reason for notice is because I paid for 3 hours but was in the car park for 3 hours and 19 minutes. I confirmed that that time was spent driving around for a space and being stuck on the phone to the pay by phone company.
    they said you have 10 minutes to find a space...not sure I remember that being advised on the notice board??? I asked what about the phone payment delay, they said that is a different company.
    my suggestion to them..as you are advertising the use of their service you must have agreements in how you mitigate against problems?
    so the long and short of it I am being sent notice because
    :- 1) it took a while to find a space
    2) the advertised pay by phone service was unreliable!!!
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    "they said you have 10 minutes to find a space"

and neglected to say ' 10+ minutes to leave" !

consider a complaint to the BPA that ParkinLie (we don't call them that for nothing) are breaking BPA rules .....

read up on 'grace periods'

keep up the good work

and

good luck

Ralph:cool:
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    No I haven't given away who was driving. It actually was not me anyway. But I have confirmed that I was in the car.
    Someone at the golf club has suggested that the reg number may have been entered into the P&D machine incorrectly. I cannot confirm or deny that and given the time elapsed have no proof. I can understand ANPR being used in a 'free for 2 hours' car park. But not in a car park where you can pay and display (as we did) for many hours far exceeding the time we were there. I'm at a loss as to how I can prove anything further now.

I parked in the car park in July but have only just received a notice as I'd moved house and they have found me through credit reference agencies (still waiting for new log book)
    So you have replied to the 'tracing' letter and got a POPLA code? The tracing letter offers appeal on the back page.
  • Wolves19797
    Options
    i have responded to the letter that i have received and appealed on line.
    is that what you mean? i havent had a response yet, i only did this yesterday so no popla code yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure