IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

KNOCK KNOCK Mrs May, anyone at home ??? what are you doing about these CCJ's

Options
beamerguy
beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
Whatever you think about Brexit or the landslide win by Donald Trump, it is clear the people no longer accept the establishment and just as Trump has whooped the establishment, Mrs May will probably be next unless she gets her ministers in order and indeed her own act in order ...... just try a general election Theresa ???

Theresa May has pledged to root out abuse of county court judgments following a Daily Mail investigation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3786132/I-ll-end-credit-rating-scandal-pledges-PM-acts-Mail-exposes-rulings-ruined-lives.html

Is Mrs May really up to the job ??

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    A shot in the arm for Michael Green, bad news fir the PPCs. Has he reached his number yet?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    A shot in the arm for Michael Green, bad news fir the PPCs. Has he reached his number yet?

I would suspect Mr Green will get the number he wants now.

This is a wake up call to the SRA regarding those solicitors who practice their threats of CCJ's.

Wonder what the BPA will do about it since they ignored the Pranksters advice, the BPA are just as involved
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »

Only just. 281/250 - hardly the 10,000 he is predicting, and it's already taken a few months to crawl up to 281.
    He believes as many as 10,000 people will join the case and hopes each could receive £5,000.
    I have to say that Michael Green has been full of good intentions, has received significant media coverage for his campaigns, but has delivered on nothing yet. :(
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • catfunt
    Options
    "A spokesman added: ‘ParkingEye would be happy to cooperate with any proposed government review. ParkingEye does everything it can to ensure we use the correct details when contacting motorists. Every case is carefully reviewed before we decide to pursue legal action.’"

Utter bollox.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    catfunt wrote: »
    "A spokesman added: ‘ParkingEye would be happy to cooperate with any proposed government review. ParkingEye does everything it can to ensure we use the correct details when contacting motorists. Every case is carefully reviewed before we decide to pursue legal action.’"

Utter bollox.

Yes, total rubbish statement by Parking Eye, doubtful they ensure anything apart from getting their pound of flesh

The government should actually investigate the inner workings of Parking Eye and their owners Capita, they may get a shock
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Hopefully the 'May' part of Theresa is a 'Will' in this case.

And while she's at it, she should be putting a [STRIKE]boot[/STRIKE] stiletto up the @rse-end of the DCLG to publish the report that I and many here put in the effort in responding comprehensively to their consultation. I find it reprehensible that they have not only failed to deliver this report, but they do not have the basic courtesy to update those who contributed with any reasons for the delay.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Umkomaas
    Options
    catfunt wrote: »

Utter bollox.

It's amazing how they can so easily find the correct details for contacting the motorist after the CCJ has been obtained!

• beamerguy
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    It's amazing how they can so easily find the correct details for contacting the motorist after the CCJ has been obtained!

That is a very good point, the Daily Mail should take this on board
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    A good start would be to make the timescale much shorter. I'm constantly amazed how people can remember a parking event from 5.9 years ago, I have difficulty with 6 months. The ppc always has a head start due to a paper trail (fictitious or not)

Maybe as an add on they could sort out the farrago that is ANPR, time on site and the double dipping.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Parking contractors obtained a county court judgment for almost £2,000 over a £60 ticket.
    Nicholas Diable was handed the parking ticket in 2013 when living in staff accommodation at Oxford University Hospital, where his wife Laura was working as an NHS therapist.

The 36-year-old lawyer contested the ticket and mistakenly thought the matter had been dealt with. Further correspondence did not reach him because he moved out of the hospital to a new home.

The fine increased from £60 to almost £2,000 because the contractors imposed deadlines for payment and increased the amount steadily each time.
    Mr Diable eventually paid the fine and extra costs. He says the hospital should have realised he and his partner had changed address.
    Not sure I'd want him taking care of my legal affairs. He seems to have been woefully laissez-faire about the whole issue, especially when his professional knowledge/experience should have ensured he was all over this until a satisfactory and final conclusion was reached.

Unfortunately a final conclusion has now been reached - but not a satisfactory one - 2 grand please, kerching! Ouch!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport