Combined heating & power (CHP) Loka Energy

Options
Good morning all,

I am new to this and couldn't find anything on the forum for CHP or Loka so apologies if this has already been covered

Here is my question:-
I moved into a new build property in December 2015, the estate is serviced by a combined heating and power provider Loka Energy. This only provides heating and hot water.
I completed the DD details as part of the purchase and was returned via the solicitor.

As part of the induction to the property, I was handed a business card with the Loka reps details and noticed at the beginning of Feb that no DD had been paid.

I contacted the rep who stated that they did not receive the form and emailed me another DD form to complete. Completed the form and sent back via post.
I did not receive any correspondence so contacted them again and completed another form and emailed it back this time.
The story continues, they couldn't find this one find it. I have completed the form and have scanned it back 3 times and finally an engineer came out last week to "confirm details" with the CHP unit that is installed in the property. He informed me that the smart meter that should have been installed as part of the installation had not but would send me one in the post. Not received as yet....

Anyway it's July and still haven't paid a penny. I have put money aside each month but it shouldn't take several months to sort out. Note that there has been no proactive correspondence from Loka in terms of register your meter or payment demands.

Is there anything I can do in terms of compensation?

Thank you in advance. :)

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 3 July 2016 at 2:07PM
    Options
    I can't help with your specific questions, but I suspect that the missing item is the In House Display. Smart meters are installed not sent out through the post.

Edit: I have just read their Charter. Make a complaint in writing and see what happens.

Complaints handling

We will acknowledge complaints and act upon them quickly and efficiently.

Our Customer Service Team will aim to resolve your complaint efficiently the first time you call us. If this
    isn’t possible, it will be passed to our Operations Director, who is then responsible for resolving your complaint.
    If we have not resolved your complaint to your satisfaction within 8 weeks, you may contact the independent Ombudsman for Energy: https://www.ombudsman-services.org/energy

Alternatively, we may appoint a third party arbitrator (independent of Loka) with the authority to resolve your complaint.
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Compensation for what????

Have you suffered a finacal loss of some kind?

It seems to me, on the contrary, that the money you should have been paying them you have 'put aside' (very sensibly), so you are presumably earning interest on it.

You have gained, not lost!

Or is your question actually "Is there anything I can do for Loka in terms of compensation?" If so, yes - you can give them the interest you've earned.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    As stated above, you have not lost anything.

I suggest you now sit back and wait until the company sort things out. When the inevitable large bill arrives, you should be able to negotiate a goodwill reduction for the inconvenience.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure