Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    Good customer service from Wilko they phoned me back to say they had not found it at least I know.

Sainsbobs was first stop after Patisserie Valerie and they checked their lost property book while I was on the phone, Wetherspoons on the other hand said they would look and phone back but nothing yet, I guess they may not even phone if they don't find anything.
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Pray to St Anthony said TS. :)
    Try phoning the same shops later, as I wonder if sometimes they do really search for you. I once took my mum swimming and she accidentally left some clothes out. I went to reception and the bloke said nothing had been handed in, so I had to do a quick run to the nearest clothes shop which happened to be a charity shop and get some clothes for mum:o
    Following week when we went swimming again, I asked again incase her clothes had been handed in. Oh yes, said different person. Here they are under the counter. I'm sure the first bloke hadn't even looked there :mad:
  • Tinyshoes
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Pray to St Anthony said TS. :)
    Try phoning the same shops later, as I wonder if sometimes they do really search for you. I once took my mum swimming and she accidentally left some clothes out. I went to reception and the bloke said nothing had been handed in, so I had to do a quick run to the nearest clothes shop which happened to be a charity shop and get some clothes for mum:o
    Following week when we went swimming again, I asked again incase her clothes had been handed in. Oh yes, said different person. Here they are under the counter. I'm sure the first bloke hadn't even looked there :mad:

Thanks gocat, it's amazing how many places I have been to since Sunday. :eek:

The shopping centre management have taken my number just in case it gets handed in at a later date. Most of the stores I visited seem to have lost property books.

Wonder if I actually lost it in Ts this morning, guess I best ring them too. :o
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    TS,
    Prayer said- have you looked under the car seats, under the car mats, glove compartment, side door pockets of the car, or any carrier bags you may have used, did you buy any frozen items- could it have got stuck to them?
  • Tinyshoes
    Options
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    TS,
    Prayer said- have you looked under the car seats, under the car mats, glove compartment, side door pockets of the car, or any carrier bags you may have used, did you buy any frozen items- could it have got stuck to them?

Thanks HILLBERN, car is a good point because we actually went out in Mr TS's on Sunday as we were getting the gro bags from Wilkos. He drove there and I drove back so it could have fallen out of my pocket if I had put it in there I really can't remember. :o

I will ring him and see if he can have a quick check. But I might have to wait until he comes home for that.
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :)

TS - if found hopefully it would be posted back to you as has your address on it - fingers crossed.
    Have you tried the patisserie shop - maybe behind counter?

I'm killing time here, may go & finish my book :)

Case weighs 16 kgs & hand luggage 3.4kgs - I'm alright. Plus Fourp has tons of room in his barely ½ full case - so I've transferred over some of my shoes etc ;)
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Tinyshoes
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »

TS - if found hopefully it would be posted back to you as has your address on it - fingers crossed.
    Have you tried the patisserie shop - maybe behind counter?

I'm killing time here, may go & finish my book :)

Case weighs 16 kgs & hand luggage 3.4kgs - I'm alright. Plus Fourp has tons of room in his barely ½ full case - so I've transferred over some of my shoes etc ;)

Yes I tried them first snap, they are not actually a shop just area in the middle of the shopping centre, they said they had nothing handed in and gave me the shopping centre management number. I would have thought if it had been handed in there they would have had it by now...

I did rush to the front door when I heard the postman half hours ago. ;) Would be nice if someone has posted it to me. Trouble is it probably looked like a bit of rubbish in the old plastic wallet might have just been swept away. :o

I might actually pop in Wetherspoons later when I pick up DD as that was same day as patisserie Valerie.

Hope you and Fourp have a lovely holiday Snap. x
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »

Well we are all packed & ready to go but.... we don't leave until after 7pm :( My friend has to go to running club (????) but what will be will be.

tweets need you tomorrow please for QUIZ :A

Enjoy your holiday Snap :)

I am ready to do the quiz from tomorrow :D
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Thanks HILLBERN, car is a good point because we actually went out in Mr TS's on Sunday as we were getting the gro bags from Wilkos. He drove there and I drove back so it could have fallen out of my pocket if I had put it in there I really can't remember. :o

I will ring him and see if he can have a quick check. But I might have to wait until he comes home for that.

don't give up hope yet. I lost a wallet in sainsbobs and I rung them next day but no sign of it so next time I was in I asked at customer services but the answer was still no. Another week went by and I asked again at CS and it had finally been handed in :j - I must have left it in the trolley and it was just at the back of the line and it had only been used again when all of the trolleys in front had been used on a busy weekend
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • russetred
    russetred Posts: 1,334 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Could any kind soul point me in the direction of a MrTosser wine code. I can't seem to find one. Mucho Gracias.
    "Sometimes life sucks....but the alternative is unacceptable."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport