Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Options

Comments

• LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    I like sherry. ;) Although I think Dave does too. :rotfl:

Medium sweet ....and the bottle looks like it's already done 10 rounds with the local vagrant....

I'm wondering if I could give a trifle a go...the only problem is it's the sherry in a trifle that I dont like!
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    Its actually the worst presented set of bottles I have ever received from them....There isn't a bottle across the 2 cases that hasn't got major label damage or a squashed top and most of them look like there were near cases of red when there was a huge explosion ...so nothing that I think can be gifted in any way...

We'll get through them and have a few laughs on the way as we usually do.

I actually think the 0% ones are really cheeky as you are paying your good money for wine not fruit juice. :o
  • LEJC
    Options
    I actually think the 0% ones are really cheeky as you are paying your good money for wine not fruit juice. :o
    I put my point across to that effect with CS ....he was understanding that a case of white wine really should contain some fermentation and not "wine style" drink....and that white wine well...should be white

I still love em!....and £48 for 24 bottles isn't bad

• Tinyshoes
    Options
    Medium sweet ....and the bottle looks like it's already done 10 rounds with the local vagrant....

I'm wondering if I could give a trifle a go...the only problem is it's the sherry in a trifle that I dont like!

That will do me it's the really dry ones I don't like got some Ts finest ones once and they were yuk. :eek:

I'm a funny so and so as I like a dry fizz, can't stand anything red but will drink a sweet sherry. :rotfl:

Sherry trifles are the business. :D

I had a box of reds that had really sticky and damaged labels once but luckily they were all pretty decent wines, nothing extra special but nothing to moan about either. :cool:
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning underperky :D. You need to do a c&c order for the bogof pampers nappies. It will charge you £4 because your order will be under £40 but then the code on this link takes £7 off
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/deal-code-stacking-8-cartons-quality-street-celebrations-5-that-s-2kg-chocolate-2515487
    So two packs work out @£5.

I get a £2 service charge added.
  • Tinyshoes
    Options
    I put my point across to that effect with CS ....he was understanding that a case of white wine really should contain some fermentation and not "wine style" drink....and that white wine well...should be white

I still love em!....and £48 for 24 bottles isn't bad

You have done really well getting the whole box refunded well done. :beer:

Hope mhoc gets a good selection tomorrow, I love hearing what everyone gets in their boxes even if I haven't done an order, it's still fun. :D
  • LEJC
    edited 22 September 2016 at 1:02PM
    Options
    case 1 had a bottle of Codorniu sparkling in...so it was a really mixed lot!

If I didn't have to go out tomorrow I'd order 2 more boxes just for the fun factor.

• Tinyshoes
    Options
    I best not swear otherwise bubbs and westie will be after me but I have had my licence since I moved here 21 years ago and I lose it for the offer of cheap cake that I didn't even enjoy. :mad:

Really don't know where else to look now. :(
  • chocaholics
    Options
    I don't suppose few Elite could help me out with some prayers to St Anthony. :o

I've only gone and lost my old style paper driving licence, I thought I was going to get away with the renewal fee every 10 years. :eek:

Last time I remember getting it out of the zipped pocket of my handbag was on Sunday when I went to Patisserie Valerie as it said you needed ID for the voucher. I think with the confusion over whether it was 241 or £6.50 to pay I didn't zip it back in the pocket and just stuffed it in my bag. As they told me to go and sit down until they had resolved it.

I have phoned every shop I have been to since then when I would have gone to my handbag. I got out a credit note from the zip pocket in M&S on Monday but didn't notice it was not there then. I also went to the pocket yesterday as there is a little wallet I keep there and I put my JL vouchers in again not noticing it was missing. It's in a dogged eared building society passbook cover. It was only when I went to show ID for my Ts order today I noticed it was gone. :(

Have you looked in the pocket of whatever you were wearing that day?, prayer already said to St Anthony.
  • Tinyshoes
    Options
    Have you looked in the pocket of whatever you were wearing that day?, prayer already said to St Anthony.

Thanks chocaholics, yes I have looked in both the jacket which I also wore today and the denim shorts I wore on Sunday, they hadn't been through the wash yet so I was hopeful but it's not there. :(

At first I thought maybe it had fallen out at DDs last week but then I remembered getting it out for the Patisserie Valerie. :o The pocket was unzipped when I went to it today. :eek: That would have been putting the JL vouchers away yesterday afternoon, can't understand why I didn't notice then. :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure