IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Hand written permit instead of printed - Horizon

Options
2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You could certainly write your own appeal, but please please please do not say who was driving or who wrote out the piece of paper or who went to the lecture then returned & spoke to the employee ticketing drone.

You look in danger of throwing away your winning appeal point of 'no keeper liability' the way you are so focussed on telling the story. Looks like you will imply who was driving so please don't submit anything without showing us the draft first.

Basically write it in the third person when talking about the 'driver'. And don't do it yet, 26 days in, the reason for waiting is given in the NEWBIES thread and again protects your best appeal point, no keeper liability. Horizon don't issue any NTK (usually) in cases where a person appeals just before the 28th day, so then you win due to no NTK.

An admitted driver throws ALL that in the bin!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • sm95
    sm95 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    You could certainly write your own appeal, but please please please do not say who was driving or who wrote out the piece of paper or who went to the lecture then returned & spoke to the employee ticketing drone.

You look in danger of throwing away your winning appeal point of 'no keeper liability' the way you are so focussed on telling the story. Looks like you will imply who was driving so please don't submit anything without showing us the draft first.

Basically write it in the third person when talking about the 'driver'. And don't do it yet, 26 days in, the reason for waiting is given in the NEWBIES thread and again protects your best appeal point, no keeper liability. Horizon don't issue any NTK (usually) in cases where a person appeals just before the 28th day, so then you win due to no NTK.

An admitted driver throws ALL that in the bin!
    Okay thank you for that, I'll wait it out and I'll post back with a draft of what I'll send closer to the date.

So if the ticket was received on 14/10, the 26th day to appeal would be 08/11 correct?

Thank you again!
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sm95 wrote: »
    Okay thank you for that, I'll wait it out and I'll post back with a draft of what I'll send closer to the date.

So if the ticket was received on 14/10, the 26th day to appeal would be 08/11 correct?

Thank you again!

The date of the alleged event is day zero, so day 26 would be the 9th, but it is more important that you don't miss the deadline than sending it on day 25 or 26.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business