The Compers Inn Part 39

Options

Comments

• lomaxsylvia
    lomaxsylvia Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Firefly/Aflie, glad it's not just me that talks to everything and anything that moves (or not as the case may be). I talk to my orchids and other plants etc. Now you will think I am losing it won't you.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUzZ6wGtVI9cLJqUxgCf46ZfANEzukqzWS26fQXg8dO7-3LXY_rA
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQb1GenoNbjmntvSIhHgo1SBs6Exb1xJYtcf5bKwnnXRzzsO96o3g
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRg0SQK_MF6RS5yV6YMDe2Kg32708IYzmdWmB9XHWz-d_r1czke

SYL
    BIG THANKS TO ALL WHO POST THE COMPETITIONS
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,840 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Firefly/Aflie, glad it's not just me that talks to everything and anything that moves (or not as the case may be). I talk to my orchids and other plants etc. Now you will think I am losing it won't you.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUzZ6wGtVI9cLJqUxgCf46ZfANEzukqzWS26fQXg8dO7-3LXY_rA
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQb1GenoNbjmntvSIhHgo1SBs6Exb1xJYtcf5bKwnnXRzzsO96o3g
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRg0SQK_MF6RS5yV6YMDe2Kg32708IYzmdWmB9XHWz-d_r1czke

SYL

:T:T:rotfl::rotfl:brilliant post sylv :rotfl::rotfl:
    i don't think you're losing it :D truths coming out now think we all do it :D
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    2974346592154c418671802fcdd4e0b4c41.gif

Syl.... I normally (at home) say "puss, I better do this or that" question etc. Today (outside) for the first time I said under my breath "puss, what's the date"?

Am I on the road to the funny farm? th_DancingKittty.gif
  • AlfieBlue
    AlfieBlue Posts: 14,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Sounds like the norm to me Sylv!! Join the club!! :D :rotfl::rotfl:

I talk to me plants inside and out, give them what for if they're not performing well, praise them if they are!!! The tomato plants got a right talking to last summer!!!! (Prince Charles talks to his plants too! :D:D)

Large to medium spiders in the house get told to stop clinging onto the walls/ceilings (slightly scared of them but could never hurt them :o). I tell them to untangle and get them legs moving into my plastic beaker which is carefully positioned under them. (Doesn't always work, if they manage to scuttle, then I'm out of there :eek:). If I successfully capture them, I lob them over the next door neighbours fence, telling them the grass is always greener etc:D. Money spiders on the other hand are most welcome - I can deal with them!!!

Don't know about anyone else but years ago we used to get HUGE garden spiders coming in, really big critters and my god could they run :eek::eek: Don't seem to get so many of them now (maybe they all vacated over to next door - safest option :D)

Have dear little field mice who visit the garden and have a nibble at the !!!!!! bird nuts. :) I speak to them in a wee squeaky voice but they don't hang around for long when they see me ........ wonder why? :rotfl::rotfl:

Alf xxxxxxxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
  • AlfieBlue
    edited 7 January 2013 at 3:42PM
    Options
    I_luv_cats wrote: »
    2974346592154c418671802fcdd4e0b4c41.gif

Syl.... I normally (at home) say "puss, I better do this or that" question etc. Today (outside) for the first time I said under my breath "puss, what's the date"?

Am I on the road to the funny farm? th_DancingKittty.gif

:rotfl::rotfl: Yep, come and join the club!!!! I talk to puddy cat all the time, whether she's in hearing distance or not!!!! :D:D Alf xxxxxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
  • ellemm
    ellemm Posts: 11,262 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Years ago I used to hill walk with my Golden Retriever Sandy and would talk to him all the time but what was perhaps more disturbing- I answered for him :rotfl:

"Will we go this way boy?" "OK Mum"
  • wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have to admit to talking to my house plant too. :o my dad gave me a cutting of a money plant and it's getting bigger! Every time I water it I ask it...."will I have a nice win today?" I call it 'Jason' (named after my hubby) as it never replies to me either! :D

Postie brought another Pringles speaker :) I knew I won another one but wasn't sure if they would send it! One for the girls as son claimed other one!
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
  • AlfieBlue
    Options
    ellemm wrote: »
    Years ago I used to hill walk with my Golden Retriever Sandy and would talk to him all the time but what was perhaps more disturbing- I answered for him :rotfl:

"Will we go this way boy?" "OK Mum"

Snap!!!! :rotfl::rotfl: We do the same with big lump of hug labrador.!!! Ask him something, and then we answer in a big deep doggy voice!!! With the cats, we also do the same, but they have high hoity-toity voices!!!

When they are altogether, we have such a laugh with them with the voices, love them to bits. Are we animal crackers? Most definitely!!!!
    xxxxxxxxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
  • AlfieBlue
    Options
    wingobins wrote: »
    I have to admit to talking to my house plant too. :o my dad gave me a cutting of a money plant and it's getting bigger! Every time I water it I ask it...."will I have a nice win today?" I call it 'Jason' (named after my hubby) as it never replies to me either! :D

Postie brought another Pringles speaker :) I knew I won another one but wasn't sure if they would send it! One for the girls as son claimed other one!

LOL - I have a money plant too Wingo, in me kitchen - that's where I lovingly deposit/errrm carefully place :D all the wee money spiders I find. Call it Miss Moneypenny! Doesn't seem to be doing much though ....... perhaps I should have renamed it Goldfinger!!!! :rotfl: xxxxxxx
    MILITARY WIVES CHOIRS
    HELP for HEROES
    <3
  • wingobins
    wingobins Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is me :D.....

299606_324523070989996_1282694667_n.jpg
    Big thanks to all who contribute to the forums. Be lucky everyone and be safe!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure