PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2017 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Doom_and_Gloom
    Options
    Since last post we have spent £21.09.

£75.85/£150
    £79.15 left.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • Ginmonster
    Options
    Well, it is with some shame that I have to admit to having gone over budget already this month. I placed an AF order which came to £61.71 which although it is all stuff I will use, was not needed. I've realised why I did it though and that's because I'm a bit stressed with work and the little one starting school and I always do it when I'm feeling like I'm not totally in control of life. I'm going to try and learn from it and think of some other way I can react if I feel the hoarding urge in future.

Meanwhile I shall allocate myself £10 a week for the rest of the month for fresh bits and bobs I'll need so I can be sensible.

£102.76/£100
  • No (grocery) spends since 2nd. I have run out of Nutritional yeast, not good, so will get some tomorrow and try to not get much more than that.
    Ginmonster wrote: »
    Well, it is with some shame that I have to admit to having gone over budget already this month. I placed an AF order which came to £61.71 which although it is all stuff I will use, was not needed. I've realised why I did it though and that's because I'm a bit stressed with work and the little one starting school and I always do it when I'm feeling like I'm not totally in control of life.
    Bl**dy AF - always used to do it for me. At least, like you say, it is stuff that you will use. If it's not going to be used in this month, you could transfer some of it onto next months budget. I used to do that when I would buy 10 Free From salad creams at once, as I rarely go Tesco. I would put them in the pantry with £1 sticker on and add them in2 budget as and when used. As for stress, instead of buying a bottle of the strong stuff, I CLEAN - not only do you end up with a clean & tidy place, its good exercise and known to be a stress buster. Good luck with the little one going school, my niece starts nursery tomorrow, she is so excited.
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am so late :o. £150 please.

PP x
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Happy_Kitties
    Options
    I'm still sticking with my usual £190 for the month from Sept 1st until the 30th. Been over the last couple of months. Don't post on this regularly but have still been monitoring all my spends in my spendy book. I think last month i went over bec of buying extra food stuffs ready for DD for uni but hopefully I should even out this month
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pinkypig wrote: »
    I am so late :o. £150 please.

PP x

Better late than never :D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,873 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Spent 19.49 at Aldi yesterday.

Still haven't done meal plans :( Feeling so depressed and can't find any motivation to do anything..think I need a kick up the proverbial.
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Spent £23 in ALDI today, got lots of bits n bobs, so my running total's now £56/120 😁
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • YorksLass
    YorksLass Posts: 1,720 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    First post this month after annual holidays, so congrats to those coming in on/under budget in August, commiserations to those who didn't and welcome :hello: to any newbies/returners. I'll catch up with this month's posts later in the week but here's my update for now.

Small spend of £3.72 on Saturday on our way back to Yorkshire from Devon for potatoes, a savoy cabbage, a small loaf of bread and 1/2 doz eggs. Those, with what I knew I had in the freezer/cupboards, fed us on our return.

Today had an online delivery of mainly cupboard staples (flour, tins of toms & chickpeas, dried fruit, pasta, rice etc), a couple of frozen items, dairy and a few household items that come out of a separate budget. The groceries came in at a modest £33.85, thanks to promotional items, 3 freebies (a small box of teabags, a bottle of soy sauce and a packet of chocolate biscuits) and a £10 MOC. :) I also got 3 useful extra-points vouchers for things I do use so they will come in handy over the next couple of weeks. :)

That leaves me with a healthy £122.43 to cover a second online order next week (don't normally do this but I have another £10 MOC to use up) plus two top-ups before the end of the month. Looking good. :D
    Be kind to others and to yourself too.
  • PennyGrabber
    Options
    Hi all,

I spent a whopping £13.53 yesterday,4 for dd to have two friends over. That was pizza for 5, chicken things and pudding, with enough pizza left over to feed us tonight. Well, it fed dd and me. Ds decided to have jacket with cheese and beans. The bonus there is that I brought home three jackets and some beans from work today, so all his cost me was a bit of grated cheese! I've had a free lunch every day since last weds now, so 5, which was unplanned, but VERY welcome! Long may it continue, although I do have stuff in my work cupboard for if there's nothing one day.

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport