Can a chair really make you pregnant????

Options
I remember when I first started working for the company that I'm at now and being told not to sit on a certain chair if I didn't want to get pregnant. I just laughed it off as you do, but I did notice that every female that sat in the chair did get pregnant.

And now we also have a weight loss chair too.....And I must confess the people that has sat on it all seem to have lost 3 stone each.

Could it all just be coincidence or could it be something else?
It's better to regret something I did do than to regret something that I didn’t. :EasterBun

Comments

• Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    We have a chair like that, it's the "chair next to Stuart". One lady in the team only sat there for half a day and, two months later, announced her pregnancy*.

*The fact she was going through IVF at the time had no bearing on the situation, honest.

I'd like a weight loss chair. Maybe you could send that one over here?
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • Lambyr
    Lambyr Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, it's coincidence.
    She would always like to say,
    Why change the past when you can own this day?
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 21 September 2016 at 6:10PM
    Options
    Reminds me of the time at my old workplace there was a desk tidy that everyone had it seemed to get pregnant, it was well known not to have it on your desk if you didn't want to get pregnant.

I do think there is some truth in it as nobody will sit on the chair/have the desk tidy who didn't want to get pregnant, therefore odds are those that have it will at some point fall pregnant.

Same with the weight loss, those sitting on it will be on diets and those that aren't will subconsciously eat less as they are on 'the chair'
  • gizwal
    gizwal Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I borrow the slimming chair after Tigsteroonie please!
  • Dill
    Dill Posts: 1,743 Forumite
    Options
    The pregnancy chair could belong to staff who did an awful job they didn't like and decided that pregnancy and maternity leave was a better option :rotfl:
  • marcarm
    marcarm Posts: 1,205 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Only if you sit down before the previous bloke gets up. :D
  • barbiedoll
    Options

I daresay it can if you have sex on it!

Not sure what's going on with the weight loss chair. Is it the one that's farthest from the fridge/biscuit tin? :D
    "I may be many things but not being indiscreet isn't one of them"
  • Mupette
    Mupette Posts: 4,599 Forumite
    Options
    joins the queue for the weight loss chair
    GNU
    Terry Pratchett
    ((((Ripples))))
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,648 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It may be that the chair in question was usually occupied by young recently married females who intended starting a family. I was told of one such chair at an office I worked in the early 1970s, but can't remember if anyone who sat at it became pregnant while I worked there.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • Bogalot
    Bogalot Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    Options
    It may be that the chair in question was usually occupied by young recently married females who intended starting a family. I was told of one such chair at an office I worked in the early 1970s, but can't remember if anyone who sat at it became pregnant while I worked there.

This is the correct answer, it's not down to luck, it's that the people sitting in said chair all have common characteristics, whether that be trying for a baby (or just getting a fair bit of action!) or trying/ needing to lose weight. Put a sixty year old eight stone woman in either chair and the luck/ superstition will end, at least until another fertile/ overweight woman sits their again.

There's little that cannot be explained by logic ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure