Windows 10: User not logged out on Shutdown

Options
Whenver I shut down my windows 10 the user is not automatically logged off.
So, when I next login, the user is already logged in.
I assume its hibernating.
This is only a problem because the computer has multiple user logins, each of which use memory.
This hasnt always been the case, Ive only noticed in the last month, so I assume its as a result of a recent update.
So far I have not found a solution to this.
Any ideas or suggestions anyone?

Comments

• grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • emptybox
    emptybox Posts: 442 Forumite
    Options
    The only answer from that link seems to be to log off then shut down from the log-in screen.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 23 February 2018 at 4:42PM
    Options
    My PC has two accounts. When the PC is started after a shutdown it boots up to the login screen, suggesting that the last user was logged off.

If the start up is after I was last logged in then my account is pre-selected but either account can be selected ... if the start up is after my wife was last logged in then her account is pre-selected, and is the only account shown. (If I want to login I have to login as her, logout then login as me. This is not new ... it's been like that for as long as I can remember with Windows 10).
  • joeypesci
    Options
    UncleZen wrote: »
    Whenver I shut down my windows 10 the user is not automatically logged off.
    So, when I next login, the user is already logged in.
    I assume its hibernating.
    This is only a problem because the computer has multiple user logins, each of which use memory.
    This hasnt always been the case, Ive only noticed in the last month, so I assume its as a result of a recent update.
    So far I have not found a solution to this.
    Any ideas or suggestions anyone?

What do you see when you start up? Does it automatically log that user into the desktop with all the apps that were running still open? Or is it just at the login but with that user name?

If its the latter then that's just Windows showing you the last person that was logged on.
  • Zandy_23
    Options
    Click window+L prior to shutting down so you can log out of the current user.
  • UncleZen
    Options
    grumpycrab, yeah I read that article, as you can see I'm not the only one it's affecting. All the solutions proposed I've tried

Zandy_23 windows + L doesn't log you out, it takes you to the login screen, you're just locking the computer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure