Three and incorrect direct debits

Options
Hi All,
Is any one having issues with Three and incorrect direct debits?

My invoice is generated on the 4th of the month for £9.90
On the 23rd of the month, they take a direct debit of £9.89

They carry the penny across to the next month.
Invoice is £9.91, they take £9.90

A month later they mark the account as over due.

I talk to customer services, they don't know why this has happened.
They credit the account by the penny to bring it back in balance.

The following month it happens again!!!
Talk to three this last time they say this is due to my actual bill being £9.89. and this is normal due to rounding. But they will not admit they have an issue!!!!

Now correct if I am am wrong, but if the invoice is for £9.90, they should take £9.90 via the direct debit. How do you reconcile accounts if invoices and direct debits are different? You can not!!

I am keeping an eye on the account weekly, I do not want them marking my file with a default due to them due to their issues.

I am thinking either they have an issue with invoicing or direct debits either way they have an issue which they are saying they don't have.

Any one else with this problem?

Malcolm

Comments

• singing.i.t.man
    Options
    An updated, spent time on phone to Three again today.

They rang me than then asked to take me through security.
    Errr No... How do I know you are really Three?

So I called them back on a number I knew to be correct.
    (good practice is never to trust a company when they call you as it could be anybody)

Anyway they say its all down to rounding and they seem to imply its normal. No matter what you say to them they say that is the way it is.

Not impressed.

In my book if invoice is for an amount, direct debit should be for the same. You can not invoice for one amount have a payment for something else, regardless whether it a 1 pence or a larger amount.

I will now be leaving Three as I am not happy with their response.

Three :mad:
  • andys265
    Options
    They did the same to me last month, the bill was for £15.16 and they took £15.15.

Before I could contact them about it, they've randomly credited my account with £45 I wasn't expecting, which paid this months bill and left me in credit.
  • Frozen_up_north
    Frozen_up_north Posts: 2,420 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 29 March 2017 at 3:29PM
    Options
    I am with Three, on the My3 app most of the monthly amounts paid are shown as being +1p over the correct amount. Clicking on the bill for that amount shows the bill and the amount on there is the correct amount, as is the direct debit on my bank statement.

Been the same for about a year, no idea why.

Another peculiarly... I set a spending cap of zero, every month they text me to say I am close to my spending limit!

Before the OP ditches Three, be very careful to check your proposed new provider for terms and conditions. We roam to Spain a lot and fancied swapping to EE for their included local (Spanish) calls, but they don't cap spending on calls and don't care either.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure