Final bill from BT

Options
I've made the switch to Sky for broadband and have received a text from BT saying they will inform me of the cancellation charge (which I've already been informed will be £103 which Sky are reimbursing me :) )

Just wondered when I should cancel my direct debit? I'm quite stringent with making sure i cancel all old direct debits. I want to pay the final fee from a different account, and I'm wary of them taking the fee via DD without any notification - can they do that? The switchover is meant to take place in 2 weeks, if they attempted to take money and my DD was cancelled would it halt the switchover?

Comments

• ibie1983
    Options
    Hi

Can you advise how you got Sky to reimburse you the £103 which BT is charging you for cancelling your contract with them? Is Sky giving me some sort of half price offer? I joined BT infinity broadband in January on an 18 month contract and my internet constantly drops upstairs where I use it. I have 15 months left on the BT contract. If I cancel, will they charge me the full monthly fee x 15 months?

Thanks
  • egrescrimp
    egrescrimp Posts: 573 Forumite
    Options
    ibie1983 wrote: »
    Hi

Can you advise how you got Sky to reimburse you the £103 which BT is charging you for cancelling your contract with them? Is Sky giving me some sort of half price offer? I joined BT infinity broadband in January on an 18 month contract and my internet constantly drops upstairs where I use it. I have 15 months left on the BT contract. If I cancel, will they charge me the full monthly fee x 15 months?

Thanks

You would be charged 15 X the amount listed next to the product you have listed on this page http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentFooterPopup.jsp?pagecontentfooter_popupid=26746&s_cid=con_FURL_termcharges

Plus they will charge you for the equipment provided.
  • Jojo55
    Jojo55 Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    They don't reimburse you with cash but with high street vouchers - works for me as i regularly shop in Iceland, Boots, Mothercare... There's such a massive range of shops that the vouchers can be used in, its as good as cash to me. They will reimburse you up to £100 if you send them your final bill and proof of payment :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure