Gallygirl's "A journey of 121,226.67 pounds begins with a single penny" diary

Options

Comments

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Well the headache had almost gone and I wanted to get the suitcase down to start sorting out clothes for the holiday - which obviously I still haven't done :rotfl:.

Still, a few days rest does no-one any harm and I'm meeting an MSE'er later today :T.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Secret_Saving_Squirrel
    Options
    Sounds hilarious but probably wasn't at the time.......
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Really Gally is a suitcase necessary? my mum was certain one only needed to pack clean knickers!
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Watty1 wrote: »
    Really Gally is a suitcase necessary? my mum was certain one only needed to pack clean knickers!

Unlike a relative of mine who went away for 4 weeks and forgot to pack any knickers. She was in her 80s. Still hasnt been allowed to forget it :rotfl:
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • gallygirl
    Options
    Glad I've amused you all :mad: :rotfl:.

Lovely to meet an MSE'er yesterday and at least SHE was sympathetic, though she managed to trump my injury with tales from her family _pale_.

Mr GG back from his golf trip - obviously he was out of the picture when 'Casegate' happened - haven't showed him the scar yet, best make sure he's sitting down so there's no fractured skull from fainting onto the tiled floor :D.

The weather here is fabulous at present - hot during the day and warm at night - though I had my cardi on for five minutes last night :eek:. Need to sort out a few things then I think we'll have lunch by the sea before our Spanish lesson. Oh yea, better add 'learn Spanish' to list of things to do :rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A cardi! You poor thing, sounds so cold!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • gallygirl
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    A cardi! You poor thing, sounds so cold!
    Don't worry, was on for less than 5 mins last night - maybe spring is here :rotfl:.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Unlike a relative of mine who went away for 4 weeks and forgot to pack any knickers. She was in her 80s. Still hasnt been allowed to forget it :rotfl:

My daughter's friend packed for going away to uni and they were most of the way there (almost a 3 hour journey) when she realised that she hadn't packed any underwear at all!! :rotfl: Cue emerbency trip to M&S! :rotfl:

At least with any scar being in a not-visible place you won't have to give the story to people of how you came about it gg! :D;)

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    If I'm flying out of Gatwick, I always buy my knickers there - I love the Fat Face ones, but at £7.50 a pair can't justify buying them unless they're in the sale, when they go down to £3.50 or I'm flying somewhere, when you can get them tax-free and 3 for 2, so it works out just under £4.20 a pair.
  • ljaneyr
    ljaneyr Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi GG

I've just caught up so huge congratulations on achieving mortgage freedom :j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j

Janey x
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Bought our house 2012 :) Married 2015 :D Started renovating 2015 :eek:
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure