B&Q appalling customer service

Options

Comments

• Acpike123
    Acpike123 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks loftkins you can go backbto your B&Q job now!
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Acpike123 wrote: »

Whatever credibility you had left has now gone ... you've lost the argument once you complain of posters being company stooges.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Even the poster who agreed with you that this retailer offers poor customer service at post #2 recanted his support once he saw the photos you posted. So you have no support at all from the forum. Are you saying that this company employs us all?

Anyway...

What on earth possessed you to lift the laminate up after laying it? The very action of doing this would damage the boards even more than you had managed to do when laying them. You then compound the issue by storing the boards in an upright position leaning against the wall which will have resulted in more damage and made an independent assessment of the boards impossible. You should not have needed the retailer to tell you not to do this and I'm surprised your "professional" friend didn't advise against lifting the boards when he determined them "faulty".

All anyone can see now is physically damaged rather than "faulty" products.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Even the poster who agreed with you that this retailer offers poor customer service at post #2 recanted his support once he saw the photos you posted. So you have no support at all from the forum. Are you saying that this company employs us all?

Anyway...

What on earth possessed you to lift the laminate up after laying it? The very action of doing this would damage the boards even more than you had managed to do when laying them. You then compound the issue by storing the boards in an upright position leaning against the wall which will have resulted in more damage and made an independent assessment of the boards impossible. You should not have needed the retailer to tell you not to do this and I'm surprised your "professional" friend didn't advise against lifting the boards when he determined them "faulty".
    [B[
    All anyone can see now is physically damaged rather than "faulty" products.[/B]

And that comment nicely concludes the discussion.
  • Acpike123
    Options
    My main issue with B&Q has more to do with their appalling customer services. I am not an expert, I followed all the instructions and guidance when fitting the flooring. Unfortunately their customer services did not tell me to leave the floor in situ for inspection, which I happily would have done. Instead they have used delaying tactics, have refused to deal with my complaint and have tried to close it at every opportunity. They have failed to provided me with anything resembling a half decent customer service experience. This is the real issue and it's why I've been left with the only resort to share my experience on social media. This has been over the past 6 weeks and has caused significant inconvenience to me and my family. They have now admitted poor customer service and offered a refund and that's it. There are countless other reviews out there with people with other similar stories, if an organisation like this is not held to account for how they treat genuine complaints they will continue to ride roughshod over their customers.
    This is not about money or trying to get what I can out of the situation, it's about treating and dealing with customer in the correct way.
    I thought that this was the objective of this forum ?? Instead of receiving support, it seems as commentators seek to make judgements and to undermine something that is clearly broke and needs fixing for the greater good of all ???
  • Acpike123
    Options
    The pictures show the boards after they were lifted. I obviously didn't store them like that. Once the flooring was down and started popping in places, after getting advice and Contacting the customer service team, they told me to take pictures and to take them into the store and did not tell me to leave the floor down. That's the real problem!!

The pics show the flooring which was damaged after i took it up. I did follow all the instructions and left the correct expansion gap and prepared the floor correctly.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My main issue with B&Q has more to do with their appalling customer services. I am not an expert, I followed all the instructions and guidance when fitting the flooring. Unfortunately their customer services did not tell me to leave the floor in situ for inspection, which I happily would have done. Instead they have used delaying tactics, have refused to deal with my complaint and have tried to close it at every opportunity. They have failed to provided me with anything resembling a half decent customer service experience. This is the real issue and it's why I've been left with the only resort to share my experience on social media. This has been over the past 6 weeks and has caused significant inconvenience to me and my family. They have now admitted poor customer service and offered a refund and that's it. There are countless other reviews out there with people with other similar stories, if an organisation like this is not held to account for how they treat genuine complaints they will continue to ride roughshod over their customers.
    This is not about money or trying to get what I can out of the situation, it's about treating and dealing with customer in the correct way.
    I thought that this was the objective of this forum ?? Instead of receiving support, it seems as commentators seek to make judgements and to undermine something that is clearly broke and needs fixing for the greater good of all ???

Well that's more than their obliged to do and very good of them.
  • Acpike123
    Options
    Do you not think they have a problem with their customer service procedure? It clearly doesn't work and as customers do we not the right to be treated fairly?
  • Acpike123
    Options
    I feel they only offered a refund as I have made such a fuss on social media, otherwise they would have just closed the complaint.

How about other customers who do not have the ability to do that? They just get ignored for me, that's the fundamental issue !!
  • Acpike123
    Options
    I also need to apologie for my stupid comment made to loftikins, please accept my sincere apologies. I am sorry
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure