IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

WHOPLA accept UKPC's forged photos and REJECTS the motorist's appeal

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    ^^ ^^ Wot 'e sed so electrokwentilly. ^^ ^^

Great analysis HO87.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Aaron_Aadvark
    Options
    The BPA Ltd likes to suggest that it takes a tough line on rogue operators within its membership. When asked about any particular operator it replies that it is a trade association, and its relationship with its paying members is secret. Any enquiry will lead to a generalised statement about its sanctions scheme, but the fact is that the BPA Ltd continues to allow UKPC Ltd membership if its Approved Trade Association permitting that company to obtain data from the DVLA.

It is now time for Patrick 'Trouserfire' Troy to make the BPA Ltd's position clear.

Patrick, does the BPA Ltd condone repeated and blatant fraud amongst its members?
    Je suis Charlie
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Here's the original thread; (however, according to post 198, UKPC cancelled the PCN in September 2015):-
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5313494&page=10
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ok , sunday morn , just wondering about something

what was the date of the final bevis case ?
    I note from the photos on that link , that the incident happened on 18/07/2015 and that UKPC were banned from DVLA access 18/09/2015 to 5/11/2015

I thought much older cases were sent to WH
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 October 2016 at 11:41AM
    Options
    The trouble with scammers is they get too cocky and start making mistakes. In the case of TROY, it's all coming back to bite his idiotic bum.
    When I first saw him on that Watchdog program,I thought then that the man belonged on the muppet show and he has proven that again and again.
  • DollyDee_2
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    ok , sunday morn , just wondering about something

what was the date of the final bevis case ?
    I note from the photos on that link , that the incident happened on 18/07/2015 and that UKPC were banned from DVLA access 18/09/2015 to 5/11/2015

I thought much older cases were sent to WH

The Supreme Court Appeal was 21st-23rd of July 2015.
    Judgement date was 4th November 2015.
    https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/uksc-2015-0116.html

Were POPLA appeals put on hold until after the Judgement?
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ok thanks , but what similarities were there between this case and bevis ?

reading back , it seems the person managed a appeal to UKPC , was given a code and had full photographic evidence by the 20th September ,(london counsils) I cannot at any point see why it was then put on hold and handed to WH ?

something does not seem right here
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It might have been one handed over to the BPA in the pile that remained when London Councils cleared their desks on the final day. These were not necessarily Beavis, just a rump of cases not completed by D-day!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OK , then WH should have not handled it , it was not "stayed" and the OP (as far as we know) was nit informed , this case if it was in the last days of LC should have been forwarded to the Ombudsman service

OPs posts :

incident date: 18/07/2015

26-08-2015, 2:28 PM

Default Help! Ukpc have 'photographic evidence' which isn't real

Hey I need some help.
    I parked in a free car park with a maximum stay of 2 hours on 18/7/15. I arrived at the car park at 08:20 and arrived back at my car at 10:00 to find a parking fine. I still had 20 minutes before I overstayed. My friend also parked in the car park and arrived 5 minutes before me and didn't have a ticket.
    I opened the ticket and it stated that my car was first seen at 07:15 and seen again at 09:27. I knew this was not true because i was still in bed with my alarm set for 07:15 and my car was outside my home so with this in mind I immediately appealed because I knew there would be no evidence of my car being in the car park at this time.
    I appealed to ukpc who rejected stating that all photographic evidence is date and time sampled and this cannot be changed by the warden so again knowing that such evidence does not exist I appealed to popla.
    Yesterday I received an email from popla with the evidence sent by ukpc and without a worry about it I opened it to find several photos of my car at 09:27 and a few mins after and a photo with a time sample of 07:15
    What the *#%^*+%????
    So they say the warden cannot change the time sample yet here is a picture which proves they can!!
    I haven't had a decision from popla yet but with that evidence it really isn't looking good and the charge is now £100.
    I know from looking at some posts that I should have took advice on here first but I thought it would be straight forward as I knew there wouldn't be any evidence.
    Help what do I do??

15-09-2015, 7:26 PM

Hi all!
    Thought I best give you an update!
    Yesterday I received a letter from UKPC dated 4th September saying
    "Thank you for your recent correspondence in relation to the above parking charge. We understand your frustration and appreciate the inconvenience this has caused you. It is not our intention to cause undue worry and frustration when enforcing our clients parking regulations.
    We have investigated the appeal based on the information submitted by yourself and can confirm in this instance that the parking charge has been cancelled.
    We strive to deliver a high quality service that enhances the existing quality standards insisted upon by our client and ensure out wardens are stringently trained to meet these expected standards.
    On behalf of ourselves and our clients we apologise for any inconvenience."
    At the date of this letter I had only provided the same information to popla as I had first submitted to ukpc which they rejected! Then suddenly they decided to cancel it. Funny how it doesn't say anything about fraud lol.
    Thank you to everyone who left comments! My story along with a few others really caused a stir which forced ukpc into admitting fraud had taken place. I couldn't have done it without all your help and support and also the support of the reporters who got involved
    The lincolnite

email from popla on the 27/08/2015
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Detective pappa, why don't you email the author of that Daily Mail report .... steph.cockroft@mailonline.co.uk
    with your findings

This one needs a bit of rock'n roll
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family